Floor 13: A Horror Chat RP

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
[size=+1]
attachment.php

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
- H.P. Lovecraft[/size]

[size=+2]Home is a sanctuary, a place where it is said a person feels most comfortable. Home's where your heart is, where you go to unwind, to relax. It's the place you feel safest.

What if that safety was violated?

What if terror and fear came into your very home? What if darkness invaded the place you come to rest at night and twisted it into a hideous mockery of what it once was? Would you fight to defend your home? Or would you try to escape the darkness, and leave your sanctuary behind?

The inhabitants of the 13th floor of the Baynes Building are about to find out...​
[/size]

[size=+1]'Floor 13' is a Horror RP about the twisting of vice and virtue. It's a tale of sanctuary's violation, in which the character's find their world's turned upside down in what is supposed to be the safest place in the world for them; their own homes.

In this Chat RP, players will take the role of one of the occupants of the 13th floor of the Baynes Building, a large apartment building in the middle of the city. These are ordinary people; accountants, journalists, teachers. Each of them has hopes, fears and lives of their own… and each has a dark secret or two they keep hidden from the rest of the world.

And from these secret hopes, fears and shames a terror unlike anything they have experienced shall be unleashed.[/size]

[size=+1]
[noparse]My Name is... (What is your character called?)
And I am... (What do you do/how do you define yourself? This can be as straightforward as your occupation ((ie. "And I am a Private Investigator")) to something a little broader and explanatory ((ie. "And I am a former police detective who resigned in disgust of the corruption I witnessed, now working as a PI to make ends meet")). Be as descriptive as you feel the need to be.)
My skills are... (What is your character good at? Good eyesight, shooting, running away? Bear in mind you are playing ORDINARY PEOPLE; please keep things realistic.)
My virtue is... (Which of the seven virtues do you feel fits your character most? Charity, Faith, Fortitude, Hope, Justice, Prudence or Temperance?)
My vice is… Which of the seven vices is most fitting to your character? Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, Sloth or Wrath?)
I am carrying... (What do you have on you? Weapons, armour, supplies? Please list everything you're carrying, even if it's hidden; it helps prevent meta-gaming. If you have a hidden item upon you, simply have 'HIDDEN' in brackets next to it so the other players know that their characters won't be aware of it, at least initially.)
My dark secret is... (What is your character's most shameful, dark secret that they keep hidden from the rest of the world? Something they are plagued with guilt by, that can sometimes keep them awake at night? DON'T INCLUDE THIS SECTION WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER SHEET; instead please PM it to the GM ((ie. me)))

Please also include an image of your character if you can. Using an anime/manga image will result in you being snarked to death by Asmodeus.[/noparse]

A Chat RP is in many ways very similar to the regular roleplays that occur on this forum; people play the roles of characters in various situations described by a Game Master, and so on.

The difference between a Forum RP and a Chat RP is that the latter takes place in the Roleplay Chat-Box; players post the actions of their characters and how they react to the unfolding situation as the GM guides the world they all inhabit.

As such, a Chat RP is a faster-paced form of roleplaying; games and stories can be played out in a single night. Character interaction is greatly increased, as is player involvement in the plot. All in all, it's a unique experience in terms of forum roleplaying; you should really give it a try.

Yes, you.

THERE ARE FIVE SPACES IN THIS RP; once we're out of spaces that's it, I'm afraid, so join whilst you can.

THE RULES
  • Follow the rules of Iwaku
  • One character only
  • Don't act like a prick to fellow players
  • Don't meta-game; nothing kills a Chat RP faster
  • Be prepared to run with what's thrown at you

The game will take place on MONDAY 26TH MARCH, at 21:00UTC. Here is a time converter that you can use to figure out what time the game is at where you are, so you know if you can play.[/size]