Floating/Static Header Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It's called "Internet" in Samsung Galaxy series devices. O.O Chrome becomes a separate App that you have to download from PlayStore.

• Useful
Huh. :/

Your's might be device specific.
Or perhaps this an issue with "Internet" and Ipads.

We'd need more people with those who checked to confirm though.

I get the same thing as Izurich with the bar also zooming. 2nd generation Moto E, Chrome browser.

I also have a special staff (and I think CVs might have it too depending on screen resolution) problem where having an alert notification fills up just a bit too much space and makes the Mod Log Items bit drop down onto another line by itself, which of course makes the whole thing wider.

Those things plus the way it covers up the top line or so of text in posts when you open threads/alerts on desktop (mobile instead has most of the poster's avatar and name covered) makes me overall dislike this change. I'll just deal with it if it stays though, because minor annoyances aren't a big deal.

• Useful
Ok, I'm leaning towards device being the issue at the moment.

@jared555 You know anything about what might be causing this?

I know it's probably just me but I'm not thrilled with it. I don't like how it blocks out a few lines of a post when you go to view it and it's....well it doesn't mesh well with my style of rp...mostly because I'm more reactionary and I like seeing what I'm replying to. But I could adjust I suppose.

You know there's a way to have both sides win here.
Just set it so when you view a specific post it starts slightly more up.
That way the bar is blocking something irrelevant rather than the post itself.

You know there's a way to have both sides win here.
Just set it so when you view a specific post it starts slightly more up.
That way the bar is blocking something irrelevant rather than the post itself.
Maybe it is where it is because it isn't so simple to change it. And if it's changeable it might not be changeable on our end. It might be something that will have to be changed on xenforo's end. Soooo both sides might not actually win, things can go really slow when waiting for a third party to fix their stuff, if it ever happens. (Still waits for new group system) :9

So, I have a kind of sort of issue with the bar. When I try to use the full screen editor it ends up hiding half of the buttons, not to mention the most important button of all, the button to close the full screen.

So... yeah.

@Diana

As much as I love the convenience of being able to see my alerts, at this point I pretty much agree with everyone else. The convenience is massively overwhelmed by how much it gets in the way... D:

Reactions: LunaValentine
Is there is some way to offset posts or the text editor by the width of the bar in pixels so that this problem can be alleviated?

I still like it personally, but I don't use the fullscreen text editor. I acknowledge that the rest of it is workable but the text editor thing needs a fix.

I bumped the posts down a bit, I dunno if that will also affect the fullscreen editor, though. o__o That may be something out of my fixing zone.

Just clicking the one at the bottom of the page it doesn't appear to help. But, not a bad idea.

No, it doesn't fix the fullscreen editor. It DOES make posts readable now, though.

:( Unpopular opinion: Let's return the bar to not being static please...

Last edited:
I wasn't aware the fullscreen text editor was so commonly used.

For what it's worth, if you are in fullscreen you can click onto the toolbar (don't click an icon), hit Tab on your keyboard twice, then Enter to close the fullscreen text editor.

I KNOW it is not a proper fix, but for those of you who use the full screen editor, at least this is a workaround until we get things figured out.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't aware the fullscreen text editor was so commonly used.

For what it's worth, if you are in fullscreen you can click onto the toolbar (don't click an icon), hit Tab on your keyboard twice, then Enter to close the fullscreen text editor.

I KNOW it is not a proper fix, but for those of you who use the full screen editor, at least this is a workaround until we get things figured out.

Augh thank you so much. I was getting separation anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.