First look at the Suicide Squad (2016)

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Santa Seiji, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    (From left to right: Slipknot, Captain Boomerang, Enchantress, Katana, Rick Flagg, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Killer Croc, El Diablo)

Whaddya think? Thoughts? Complaints?

2. [​IMG]

Woll Smoth with the Deadshot mask.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, I don't know much anything about the Suicide Squad, but I do know that this here promo pic was made nicely.

It looks like it could have some potential as a movie, if a little cliche. I'm going to wait and see before I form any opinions on the movie itself. And don't get me wrong, I like the fact that the character male-to-female ratio is 2:1 (not super great, but fantastic in comparison to groups with lame token females), and I hate to be the resident angry feminist here, but don't Harley Quinn and Enchantress kind of look like... oh, I don't know... decoration for Rick Flagg? Also, I don't know how I feel about an action hero based off of an entire country (Katana). If this gets racist, I'm out.

But overall, nice costume design and whatnot (w-o-w look at Killer Croc. Nice prosthetics. Damn). I'll wait and see what kind of content they're putting out.

4. Looks edgy enough to be the cover art of a Linkin Park album.

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 2
  5. Is it racist if I say I don't like his mask being white? I don't know how that works.

• Love Love x 1

6. Hahaha, I totally getcha on that. To be fair, that is what those characters are all about-- and Rick Flagg is the only "good" guy in this bunch, being a liaison and member from the military, so of course they would try to make him feel hella uncomfortable.

Katana, well... She is Japanese, and she is an actual character from the books. She's actually pretty badass.

• Like Like x 1

7. They could have made it black/red, but his most iconic looks involve the mask/helmet being a different tone completely from his suit, usually a white or steel/grey.

8. I'm just ready to drool over Margot Robb-I mean, Harley Quinn. I'm not even going to lie.

Would have looked better steel/gray if you ask me.

#8 Gonzo, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. This looks like it may carry on the proud tradition of DC movies being super dark and grey scale.

Sigh.

10. i'm sorry. this looks like some kid is cosplaying,

seriously? this is a production shot?

11. Nice outfits.
    More promising than the Joker.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ugh. First, Amanda Waller is thin as a toothpick, and now this?

13. Harley Quin looks the part at least.

14. harley looks like her incredibly dull New 52 version. Sigh....

15. [​IMG]

Some shots from on set I just saw on Facebook.

Let's make those shorts a little shorter, I don't think we're milking the 14-year-old appeal for this 14A rating enough.

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jesus that is such a cheap fucking tactic. I feel insulted somehow. I think i am being Triggered by inner nerd.

18. wait, what happened to the Arleen Sorkin Batman: TAS costume?

i mean, you can do that in a modernized, non-spandex version very easily

all Harley would need to do is take a black coat and black jeans, cut them in half, and sew them onto a red coat and red jeans

and you'd get the same iconic look without looking stupid

and because its all stitched up and low-tech and dirt cheap, it evokes the Heath Ledger joker look as well (kinda like a weird hobo clown)

19. Becouse new 52. That's why. Fucking ugh.

20. GOD DAMN YOU REBOOT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.