Fireflies

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

un coin de soleil

Original poster
Fireflies

Supernatural ¦ Romance ¦ Drama ¦ Tragedy ¦ Slice of life

lightsPond.gif

"A second chance doesn't always mean a happy ending. Sometimes, it's a chance to end things right."

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°•°·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Amongst the reeds and tall grasses of a special meadow---dances thousands of tiny fireflies. Their lights glow strong against the dark of the summer nights, so bright that it couldn't be anything less then magic. It's said that fireflies are actually dreams, balls of magic that if caught - and asked nicely - will grant you a wish.

Live and live on---

All this time, I didn't know.

If I'd never met you then...

...I never would have known such an important thing as this.

That day... thousands of fireflies were scattering away. Almost as though they were following after you. I never knew how much I took us for granted---how I took you for granted. I thought we were invincible---that you were invincible.

That forever was possible.

But who am I kidding? Life is a farce. It has this sick, twisted tendency to play jokes on good, unsuspected people, and sadly? I was the butt of its joke. And you were the one that had paid the price. Twisted right?

If I could only have one wish. I wish to rewrite my story with you---OUR story.

I know--- there is no guarantee that there is hope beyond that light we're heading towards now.

We might meet with more suffering there...

But even then, I wanted to put in everything that I have to give, just to tell you---

---how happy I am to have met you.

Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for the rest of their life. Sometimes GOOD people make BAD choices. It doesn't mean they're bad... It means they're human.

Chances are there not to correct mistakes. But to determine worth.

Sometimes you need a second chance because you weren't ready for the first. There are times when we don't appreciate what we have until it's gone and not everyone are lucky to get a second chance to show it.

If you're lucky enough to get a second chance of something, don't waste it.

Is it okay if I ask what you guys think of it? Still debating if I should make this a group or onexone.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Rika and DANAsaur
This sounds fantastic! I'm getting an idea about a group of friends fixing and patching up the cracks of their once solid friendship. There are so many possibilities with so many characters :heartbeat:_:heartbeat:

As for onexone, I think this will be so freakin' romantic with too much drama going on, but I think the group will be better :)

Anyway, that's just my opinion! I would love to join if this becomes a group ^_^

Wow, thanks for your opinion!!

I was thinking of making it a group roleplay afterall. I'm already thinking of a prologue. :)

Reactions: DANAsaur
This has caught my eye.

oh my goodness gracious! this looks so good. ;*

I kind of teared up a little bit while reading it. ;-; It was beautifully written and formatted in a lovely way. And the picture is just amazing! You did such a good job. I'm totally interested in this!

I am, I am. c: <3 <3 <3 *bows down* I hate to compare it to an anime, but it gives me an "Anohana" kind of feel, you know? But anyway, I love it! c: Whether a group or one x one, I'd love to participate. Haha!

This builds an interesting sort of atmosphere - it's not melancholic, exactly, yet it's got a wistful kind of vibe. I like it! Consider me intrigued.

I think I'll jump on board with this.

I kind of want to discuss it just a teensy bit. :3

I think having a discussion on how the RP will work will give us a sense of direction and idea. Winging it during the actual RP may cause several dilemma or conflicts. Anyway, the decision is all yours. These are just my opinions ^_^

What a pretty bit of writing. Did White Silence contribute to it at all?

I don't mind discussing the RP as long as we don't go into "X will fall in love with Y" territory. Having a general plan for the RP is one thing, having my own character's actions planned out is entirely another.

@ERode : I've only joined iwaku for only a few weeks and I don't really know that many people. So far I've joined only one rp and that is a jump-in one. And have been interested in only two in-the-making ones. I also had this rp before in a different site but didn't finished due to inactive players, so... yeah... I don't know who this White Silence is. But I'd like to meet them since we may have similar taste. :3

@DANAsaur, @Leyvan, @Rika, @Child of Ire, @Saito Hajime

I am just going to discuss the prologue and first part of the roleplay so don't worry your creative head, Saito-kun.

There is a saying: Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are; but that saying does not apply to our little group. Our group is composed of mix fix--not one of us share the same interest whatsoever and everyone is aware of that fact. But you do have one thing in common; the fact that your friends with my character.

In this rp, think of your character as the main character while I'll play the support. We'll be starting this during a funeral for my character who died with a broken heart because his wish never came true; which was getting the gang back together before his final moments.

In the funeral act, what I want is when everyone is reunited again there is a feeling of awkwardness and tension between everyone. Then a fight breaks out--of course someone has to stop whoever are the ones fighting then someone suggests to go to their usual hangout place in the meadows when they were children.

(accidentally pressed post thread)

Anywho... There wil be another awkward situation between you guys then a supernatural intervention occured, then you guys wake up looking like your senior year self... The days before a certain conflict happened before graduation and us living separate lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. White Silence. The song. From Tokyo Ghoul. Go search it up. XD

Hm...sounds sorta like Ano Hana. If you have a space, mind if I reserve? Just want to see how the RP plotting works, and how active my other RPs are, before I make a commitment.

Ahahaha! Silly me. Nope, its not from the song.
And sure! You can join!! No problem.

This plot reminds me of the anime Kokoro Connect and Glasslip, expect the characters aren't swapping their bodies and they can't see the future xD

I haven't watched those anime yet but I will eventually.

Oh!! I almost forgot.. After the whole trasport to the past thing you are free to come up with whatever plot that goes on that creative mind of yours... Don't worry about me, I'll be your support character and will welcome any writing you throw at me.

Questions: (For all)
Do you have a suggestion of what the certain conflict will be?

From where would you like the scenery will take part? Asia, Europe, or USA?

Oh wow, that sounds fun! c: <3 It really does remind me of Anohana, though, but I so love that anime so we're good!

I did want to clarify something about the plot, though, just to know I read it correctly. So, basically, your character died of a broken heart because he/she didn't get his wish granted, which was to get all of the gang back together. It begins as them showing up to the funeral, a fight breaks out(which I have a suggestion for), and a character stops the fight and another suggests they go to the meadow, their childhood spot/hideout. And then, another event occurs when they wake up as their senior year self. Are they in the past then? Or, or, or do they appear as their senior self? o_o; And will this bring them together and everyone will be like, "Whoa, what's going on, I'm so younng! :O" ._.;; I'm sorry, stupid questions are my forte. T_T *hangs head in shaaame*

But, as for your questions, here is my suggestion:

Maybe two characters blame each other for the death of their friend? I mean, they haven't outright said it yet, but maybe they both believe it is the other's fault? And so, they exchange little snide comments at the funeral and it breaks out into a fight? It was just a suggestion though. .w.; <3 I tried.

Annnd, I would prefer Asia. c: Pretty please. That's my vote!

Oooh! that sounds like a good idea! They would blame each other and it ends up breaking the relationship apart. Reminds me of Hatsune Miku-Reboot music video :)

• Love
Reactions: Rika
*cries of beautiful video* ;----;

Status
Not open for further replies.