Fire Emblem: Ballad of Dragons

Oooh that's really cool. Did you make that?

If by make, you mean take existing Fire Emblem sprites and take the hair, face and clothes of three others to form one, then yeah :P.
I have dozens of them waiting in the wings specifically for Fire Emblem RPs.

@Toogee
I gotta ask though. Are you just copying the other sprites by hand? or is there an easier way to do it?

EDIT
No wait. I think i did something
Yt27yqK.gif

Px9UyvU.gif

Last edited:
@Toogee
I gotta ask though. Are you just copying the other sprites by hand? or is there an easier way to do it?

For this sprite, I used Leon's hair (FE8), older Eliwood's face (FE7), and armor from random boss Beyard/Eubans (FE7). I play around with hair, neckline, and hairline to get them to blend as best as I can.

For yours, recoloring skin to look like armor can be tricky. The shoulder pads look a bit small because they used to be Lute's exposed shoulders. Still, it looks like armor and not weird skin, so kudos on that. It looks like you blended two different hairstyles, but it's seemless. Great work!

I must ask how you guys are doing this. I was going to with an anime pic or some fantasy art but this is so much better and nostalgic.

fe6_portrait.png fe7_portrait.png fe8_portrait.png

there's the mug sheets I use, though I'm sure you can google "fire emblem sprites" for more. I copy-paste various parts and put them together in Paint.

What picture were you using for your character? I might be able to convert it to FE-styled sprite.

Mine was mostly a recolor. I found a site that's pretty good for it. In any case I do agree about the shoulder pads, but I'm not going to mess with it right now. I did (accidentally) make a gif that switches between the original lute and my edit though if you want to see what about I did to make mine

@Toogee If the princess isn't taken, I had plan on using this pic.

1474746551226-552067495.jpg

Or my shaman character. I may end up doubling with.

927f96c4a59b084894363867395ce845--dark-souls--anime-art.jpg

@Reanimator Spuds Sure I wouldn't mind taking a look.

As far as the character sheet goes, here is what I am thinking:

Name:

Nation:

Class:

Appearance: either a anime pic/fantasy art. Or sprite portrait, I highly recommend this for that fire emblem nostalgic feel.

Bio: minimum of three paragraphs

@Toogee You are awesome. I greatly appreciate this. :)

transparenthn.png

transparentsu.png

Name: Randel Thatcher

Nation: Chevalot

Class: Soldier

Bio: Randel was born in Chevalot in one of the many villages scattered across the massive continent. He came from a family of thatchers, those that built and maintained the straw roofs of homes. He would have followed his father's footsteps and continued the trade had it not been for the day barbarians assaulted his village. They threatened to burn everything to the ground unless the villagers paid taxes to the brigands in the form of crops. The arrangement didn't last long, for the knights of Chevalot came to their aid. They formed a perimeter at the village entrance to keep the marauding brigands from destroying the village. Randel watched as soldiers stood their ground and struck at the foes with coordinated strikes. It was an overwhelming victory, but not without sacrifice. One of the Chevalot men lost his life in combat. Soldiers and villagers alike remembered and celebrated his bravery that night. Randel ate with the soldiers, listening to their stories of valor. What really intrigued the boy were their humble beginnings: they started out just like him. Barbarian attacks were too often a way of life for those who lived far from the castle. Brave men were needed to fend off these attacks. At 16, Randel was inspired to join Chevalot's army to protect those who could not.

In his nine years in the army, Randel had to learn to grow up very quickly. He had seen more experienced men fall to ambushes. He had to become adept with the lance and shield to avoid their fate. In his many battles out in the frontier, Randel developed his two-handed lance fighting technique. He used swift strikes at knees to end fights quickly to face another opponent. He could strike in front, behind him, left, and right in quick succession by twirling his lance like a baton. A blacksmith rewarded his skill with his own personal weapon, Dervish the Axebreaker. It was a bladed lance with a telescopic shaft, allowing it to shrink down to the size of a sword for convenient storage. Despite his adventures across Chevalot, Randel much preferred to stay in one place. His constant travels didn't allow him to enjoy the scenery, much less rest.

Randel got his wish when he was stationed at the royal castle for the last year. It was a great year: no longer did he have to make bed in the frozen snow. Nothing compared to a warm bed. He was able to make regular rounds through the castle town without having to worry about getting ambushed around every corner. Yet he knew this peaceful life wouldn't last. After the violent revolution in Vallia, soldiers in Vallia were moved to watch the border. More soldiers guarding the border meant fewer were guarding the interior of the country. Randel wondered how long the peace at the royal castle would last…

Reactions: ThatGuyOverThere
Yt27yqK.gif

Name: Elise Mayweather

Nation: Miglain

Class: Mage
Px9UyvU.gif

Bio:

The Mayweather family was well known throughout Miglain. They take credit for being one of the original families involved with the creation of New Miglain Republic. The Mayweather family has been a powerful name in the Republic, being one of the largest merchant companies in the country. Elise was raised, pampered and sheltered. Her father was always off making deals and trading with others. Her mother was sickly, never capable of leaving her bed, but she tried her best to be there for her daughter. Unfortunately this was for very short intervals, and so Elise was raised by her maids. Since she was the only heir to the Mayweather company, her father made certain care that she was well educated, and sent her off to the Academy in their neighboring country.

Elise studied magic, just as the rest of the students at the Academy. However, she wasn't exceptional. She was just fine, but her performance was perfectly set at the peak of the bell curve. An average student. One that did what was needing to pass, and nothing more. This was likely due to her upbringing. She didn't apply herself because she had no reason to apply herself. Others had done everything she needed since she was a child, and felt that it would continue to be true even after she inherited her family's fortune.

Upon the invasion of Vallia, Elise was concerned. She had not heard much from her homeland since the invasion. All she knew was that some of the Council had fallen. But there was nothing she could do right then was there? She hadn't heard word from her mother, and given her health there was cause to fear the worst. But the invaders made it difficult for her to talk, and her maids couldn't do anything to help the situation. So for the first time, Elise applied herself to her studies, hoping to at least be able to make her way into her home.

Her studies were short lived unfortunately. Not long after, the three grand mages were assassinated. Now fearful that the Vallians would be seeking to invade her school as well, she mounted up on her horse and fled for Chevalot. The Mayweather family had many acquaintances there. She would surely find refuge there. There were a few scuffles with small bands of barbarians, but thanks to her magic training and horse, she managed to reach the capital on the day of the Princess's coronation

Reactions: ThatGuyOverThere
Loving your characters by the way. I plan to get the official sign up thread up and running before Tuesday night. That's the worst case scenario. I want to have it up before the weekend comes to a close.

Here are what the Four Generals look like in their vessel forms. It may change but this is what I have right now.

Apep
Class: General
Nation to Conquer: Serath
Appearance:
Apep.jpg

Azazel
Class: Sniper
Nation to Conquer: Castelbia
Appearance:
Azazel.jpg

Fafnir
Class: Swordmaster
Nation to Conquer: Chevalot
Appearance:
Fafnir.jpg

Leviathan
Class: Druid
Nation to Conquer: Miglain
Appearance:
Leviathan.jpg

Last edited:
So how are battles handled? Are we controlling our own enemies or will they be controlled by @ThatGuyOverThere ?

I had planned to control the enemy units but I won't be oppose if we pass the baton between each other for different chapters. I plan for the Prologue to be split maybe into 2 or 3 parts.

Alright guys, here is the sign up OOC thread