Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Pinterest has a wealth of writing prompts that I have come across, which are too delightful and interesting for me not to share!

The idea of this exercise is simple. Basically expand on the blurb... Write a hundred words or so, to finish the scene!

This weeks blurb is...

glassballs.png

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Elliot? It can't be true. He went missing years ago. He's not.....alive?

Shock. That's all I can feel at the moment, as the broom held in my hands drops onto the floor unceremoniously. My hands are shaking as a slivery light shrieks to me, in pain, as if being tortured, before solidifying into a person. Face gaunt with abject terror. Hands seizuring before grabbing my collar, spittle flying into my face, the rictus face of a person gone mad. Whispering feverently to me.

" P-please. R-release me. The p-pain. So l-long. S-so good. Please. Let me be f-free of i-"

His complaints tune out as I walk past him. My mind blank. My gaze wandering towards the glinting glass balls, arranged neatly on the shelves. Names. People I shared a history with.

Tucker. Carl. Billy. Ted. Le-

The door closes behind me. My younger brother, his grin sickly yellow in the dark as he comes near me, his miniscule shadow appearing to grow larger and larger, encompassing the entire room. He breathes out a dissapointed sign, looking as if I'd ruined his play-time.

" Oh phooey, big sis. You had to ruin the fun! Me and my best buddies, playing together and having tea-time. Oh well, we can all go back to having picnic play fun time outside....As soon as I'm done with you."

A low laugh emanated from him. Not sinister. Not sociopathic. One of a child. Without inhibitions. Without restraint. Without morality. Without a care in the world.

All that's left of me is a name engraved on a glass sphere. Among the damned souls that are trapped amongst me.​

Elliot? It can't be true. He went missing years ago. He's not.....alive?

Shock. That's all I can feel at the moment, as the broom held in my hands drops onto the floor unceremoniously. My hands are shaking as a slivery light shrieks to me, in pain, as if being tortured, before solidifying into a person. Face gaunt with abject terror. Hands seizuring before grabbing my collar, spittle flying into my face, the rictus face of a person gone mad. Whispering feverently to me.

" P-please. R-release me. The p-pain. So l-long. S-so good. Please. Let me be f-free of i-"

His complaints tune out as I walk past him. My mind blank. My gaze wandering towards the glinting glass balls, arranged neatly on the shelves. Names. People I shared a history with.

Tucker. Carl. Billy. Ted. Le-

The door closes behind me. My younger brother, his grin sickly yellow in the dark as he comes near me, his miniscule shadow appearing to grow larger and larger, encompassing the entire room. He breathes out a dissapointed sign, looking as if I'd ruined his play-time.

" Oh phooey, big sis. You had to ruin the fun! Me and my best buddies, playing together and having tea-time. Oh well, we can all go back to having picnic play fun time outside....As soon as I'm done with you."

A low laugh emanated from him. Not sinister. Not sociopathic. One of a child. Without inhibitions. Without restraint. Without morality. Without a care in the world.

All that's left of me is a name engraved on a glass sphere. Among the damned souls that are trapped amongst me.​

Excellent. Spooky and evocative! Nice work :)