Feudal Japan

A

Amaranthe

Original poster
Really wanting someone to play a yoriki working for the shogunate to my imperial princess (who is in my blog area if you want to read up on her bio). I'll make this quick and easy.

1.) No one-liners. At the very least, three paragraphs or more. I'd love it if you can mirror post!

2.) DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!! Don't go overboard with them but please put some effort into your writing by describing everything- showing, not telling. Little to no "fluff" please!

3.) No god-mod, metaplay, spoonfeed, and all that bad stuff.

4.) Proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling please! I understand typos but please, at least proofread. I don't want to be the one who reads and suddenly sees incorrect grammar without so much as a twitch. I have a good eye so few spelling and grammar mistakes are GREATLY appreciated.

5.) When needed, be willing to play male and female NPCs. You'll play a dominant male lead but NPCs will be used to keep everything fresh and not stale.

6.) Have knowledge of Edo period and Japanese culture in general. It's not going to be historically accurate through and through but things like the Shinto Gods and Goddesses, as well as Japanese Honorifics, who the shogunate are, what happened during Edo period (and how it came to be) is highly acknowledged. I want the rp to feel like we're there, not some crappy feudal Japan setting which has absolutely nothing but common names of today, a modern day Tokyo, and Jpop. Absolutely not.

7.) Be patient with me. My posting speed ranges a little but primarily focused on one post a week, a few posts a week, and slow as molasses because I'm dually enrolled with high school and college. I will keep in contact though and I expect the same of you.

8.) Take into consideration what my libertine resume says. Like really do it, actually read it. I don't want my scenes to be dirty, I want them to be sensual, I don't want my scenes to be overly explicit, I want them to be descriptive with a little explicit here and there. Romance will be character development and sex only happens if it's involved with the plot.

9.) I will look at your roleplay resume and recent roleplays if you do not provide them straight away. No show = no evaluation = no roleplay. I am selective so please, don't feel offended when I tell you politely that your writing style isn't what I'm looking for.

Here's the simplest idea of it all:

The idea is that the Shogun deputy (current liaison for the imperial family) requests a yoriki (samurai below machi-bugyo whom the liaison supported), to investigate the disappearance of my character. This samurai then begins a trek to bring her back although he has never encountered her before. My character and this samurai in particular meet up with each other during a sudden fight (i.e. sneak attack) match between them (causing them both to become unknown rivals) and while the man does not know her, she knows him. Therefore, in order to keep from being executed because of sedition, she deceives him and decides to pull him along to find the imperial princess- which just so happens to be her. Both form a bond with each other and soon enough, my character realizes that she must either tell him the truth, risk sacrificing herself and protecting him, or doing the complete opposite and letting him die and/or whatever because he was unable to uphold his duties.