l.jpg

8827224.jpg

lt_copy.15380809_std.jpg

chicken-fried-steak.jpg

348s.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

RedThaiCurry_DT.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

And you know what? This isn't even HALF OF THE SHIT I FUCK WITH ON THE DAILY, YOU PLEBS. GET ON MY CALIFORNIAN LEVEL, BITCHES
THIS DESERVES ALL THE LOVES IN THE THREAD.

OMG.

OMG.

/hyperventilates

maxresdefault.jpg

Never made one beefore (harhar), let alone had one, but my god, if this doesn't look ridiculously delicious...

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
ugh any form of 'loaded fries' is a thing of beauty

GOURMET POUTINE

GardeManger_Montreal2.jpg

apparently there is pulled pork, red cabbage and green apple colesaw on that mother

10932424_392437514263713_1999369687_n.jpg

yaaaaas

another thing of beauty is the simple hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard. needs nothing else <3

KATZDOG_AB_8112012_FINAL.jpg

also

Pineapple-Pulled-Pork-Pizza-with-Bacon-Jalapenos-Cilantro-by-Five-Heart-Home_700pxHoriz.jpg

#pineapplepizzamasterrace

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
ugh any form of 'loaded fries' is a thing of beauty

GOURMET POUTINE

GardeManger_Montreal2.jpg

apparently there is pulled pork, red cabbage and green apple colesaw on that mother

10932424_392437514263713_1999369687_n.jpg

yaaaaas

another thing of beauty is the simple hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard. needs nothing else <3

KATZDOG_AB_8112012_FINAL.jpg

also

Pineapple-Pulled-Pork-Pizza-with-Bacon-Jalapenos-Cilantro-by-Five-Heart-Home_700pxHoriz.jpg

#pineapplepizzamasterrace
Become my temporary wife and make me poutine pls (also so I can get Canadian citizenship).

PIEROGI

Pierogi.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sidhe
poutine.jpg

Salmon-Hand-Roll.jpg

Poutine and Salmon Handrolls are amazing. :3

Alfredo Pasta with Seafood is also pretty good.
Never made one beefore (harhar), let alone had one, but my god, if this doesn't look ridiculously delicious...
I've had a Deer Meat version of that at my friends farm before... It is absolutely AMAZING! <3

UGH Deer meat is SOOOO good. So incredibly lean!! My auntie cooked it up in a Thai chili stir fry once. It melted my butt, but it was so delicious, I needed more.

• Love
UGH Deer meat is SOOOO good. So incredibly lean!! My auntie cooked it up in a Thai chili stir fry once. It melted my butt, but it was so delicious, I needed more.
One always needs more Deer meat, there is never enough of it. :P

Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and chicken alfredo. I am a simple man with simple tastes.

Fried chicken made me think of this:

HOT WINGS!!!11

CrownRoyalWings.jpg

• Love
I'm starting to get really hungry too, haha

Those chicken wings, mmmmm

Palabok is pretty awesome too xD

palabok2.jpg

And now for some wonderful desserts ;A;

Leche Flan

creamcheeseflan-a1-680x490.jpg

Chocolate strawberry crepe

strawberry-mascarpone-crepe.jpg

Lava cake

pa0806_lava_cakes.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Hana
I'm starting to get really hungry too, haha

Those chicken wings, mmmmm

Palabok is pretty awesome too xD

palabok2.jpg

And now for some wonderful desserts ;A;

Leche Flan

creamcheeseflan-a1-680x490.jpg

Chocolate strawberry crepe

strawberry-mascarpone-crepe.jpg

Lava cake

pa0806_lava_cakes.jpg
Oooh, Filipino favorites! <3

I have a feeling if me and @Seiji each opened our own separate restaurants we'd still end up serving all the same food.

I have one favourite food, and one only.

bannerkraftor.jpg

Now, if you're not Swedish (and sane) crayfish may or may not seem all that appealing, in which case fuck you. This is, however, food worthy of a god. Unfortunately, we only eat crayfish in summer (mainly august), so it's a bloody long way off presently. :(

A few other solid dishes, that might be more appealing to lesser men;

Porchetta, an Italian dish consisting of boneless pork roast which is typically stuffed with fennel (always fennel!), garlic, black pepper and rosemary, though there are a fair amount of regional variants. The pork belly (tenderloin may also be used) is first separated from the rind, then cut into a flat side. Salt it and let it rest for an hour, then spice it with the chosen herbs and roll it up as tight as possible. Roll the rind around it, then tie the sucker and cook it on 140 degrees (celsius, everytime I mention degrees it's celsius) in the oven until the inner temperature reaches about 70 degrees. This'll take 3-4 hours depending on the size. When this is done you take out the porchetta, crank the oven up high, like 250, then shove the meat back in for ten or so minutes so that the outside of the meat gets caramelized. Done.

porchetta-940x600.jpg

Tjälknöl, a Swedish dish typically made of elk (though my favourite is reindeer). The meat is deep frozen, then cooked in an oven on very low heat (70 degrees) for an extended period of time (roughly 15 hours), after which it's placed for another five hours in brine along with whatever herbs you desire (typically canberries, laurel leaves and lingonberries). This pickling is done in a refrigerator (or somewhere similarly cold). After this, the dish is done and served cold with appropriate side dishes, like a potato gratin.

tjalknol.jpg

Now, if you're not Swedish (and sane) crayfish may or may not seem all that appealing, in which case fuck you. This is, however, food worthy of a god. Unfortunately, we only eat crayfish in summer (mainly august), so it's a bloody long way off presently. :(
As a swede of perculiar tastes. Crayfish disgust me almost as much as Shrimp.

BUt to continue with the delish swedish dishes

Ungstekt Falukorv (Falukorv is a traditional, super flavorfull, meaty sausage. It is traditionally cut into slices. Is is even protected under EU Law when it comes to its contents. It is always at least 40% pure meat)

ugnstekt-falukorv-med-stuvade-makaroner.jpg

Pyttipanna (Literally translates to Little bits in a pan). Usually Consist of whatever meat you chose, potatoes and onion. Chop up into tiny bits, stirfry together and crack a egg ontop of it when it is served onto your plate. A simple delish dish ANYONE can make with zero effort. Exellent when you have a bit of potato and meat dishes that is leftovers. I generally make mine out of whatever sausages and pork products I got laying in the fridge that need to be eaten before it goes bad.
pyttipanna.jpg

• Love
As a swede of perculiar tastes. Crayfish disgust me almost as much as Shrimp.
You're dead to me.

Anyway, the dishes you described there are perfect examples of Swedish everyday food, and stuff I tend to eat fairly regularly. Those two examples are decidedly some of the more general ones that foreigners wouldn't find oddly tasting (for better or worse).

Status
Not open for further replies.