Favorite Little Mermaid Adaption?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

MiharuAya

Memento Mori
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
My timezone is PST
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
Genres
Homosexual, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Magic, Vampire, Werewolf, Supernatural, Angels/Demons, Superhero, Zombies
The little mermaid's story has been told dozens of times, each with its own slight creative differences. Which has been your favorite over the years?

The original Disney one, since that's the one I grew up with and nothing will beat the nostalgia of that

• Love
Reactions: MiharuAya
I am unsure if this rendering ti movies alone or readings as well. Either way, I really do love the original Disney animated film as well. I recently rewatxhed it and it still holds up.

I would love to see more retelling of the story in unique ways whether it be in film or books. Cinderella has so many, why not Ariel?

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch lol (making the assumption that it was probably somewhat inspired by the fairy tale). I really liked 2000's era shojo manga as a kid.

Besides that, I like the 2016 Stephen Chow movie The Mermaid. In that, the male MC buys some land to develop and doesn't know that a population of merpeople live there. The merpeople send the female MC to pretend to be human so she can assassinate him. I thought it was a neat interpretation lol. Also I just like Stephen Chow movies.

• Love
prolly the OG tbh, the little mermaid has some amazing bops

Definitely Disney's original animated one! The songs are just. So. Catchy...

...and now Under the Sea is stuck in my head 🤣

• Love
Reactions: MiharuAya and Blue
Definitely Disney's original animated one! The songs are just. So. Catchy...

...and now Under the Sea is stuck in my head 🤣

Original Little Mermaid. Probably should watch it again.

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai