Favorite holiday!

K

Kitti

We haven't had this question in a while and it's such a nice one.
What's your favorite holiday and why?​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Halloween because it's dark, sinister, CANDY, and awesome costumes!

All of the ones that schools are closed on.
No school =/= No work

/adult

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Kagayours
:) Christmas. I absolutely adore the time with family, playing Santa, the food and cookies! And for our family, the real meanings are just as important :)

Halloween. Not so big on the scary part anymore, but love the dressing up and decorating. Also werewolves. I love werewolves.

Halloween is the ultimate holiday. The atmosphere, the decorations, the costume parties. Sometimes the new movies. No other holidays compare.

Reactions: Vardoger
@Dipper I dunno man, Mardi Gras kinda compares. xP

US National Sandwich Day.

It's when you get one 6in sandwich from Subway half-off with the purchase of another sandwich at equal or greater value.

New Year's Eve/Day for me.

Going a little regional, for me its Guy Fawkes Night.

I like the cold, the smell of fireworks and bonfires and I like standing around in a field catching up with my friends from upper school over drinks.

Going slightly more international, I'd say Christmas because of all the baking and cooking that I don't get to do the rest of the year.

Canada Day for me. Not really anything I do... I guess it's just the proud feeling of being part of such an awesome country.

They are all fun. At least the ones I partake in. Harvest holidays tend to have an edge because more food means more fun. :D

Holidays were a really big deal to me until I started having more fun on non-holidays than the actual day. As an example, I have waaay more fun on a day at Comiket or Wonder Festival than on Halloween. I have far more enjoyment on a random summer day with friends at a water park or on a yukata date than on the 4th of July. Etc...

That aside, for sentimental reasons I like Christmas because it tends to bring the family together, even today. But my favorite as of right now is Valentine's Day, because lately it's brought a few more dates (and chocolate) into my life just before my birthday on the 17th of February.

I've always loved Christmas. it's great now with grandkids, getting to relieve the joy of children again. Plus I am an absolute Christmas light and decoration junkie. I mean I have stuff on the back of the toilet that plays music when people sit down (THAT kind of crazy) But everyone indulges me, sot hat's nice!

Halloween. I love the background history that lead it to be what it is today. I love the costumes. I love the time of year, the smells, the candy, more.

... sadly, its a working holiday... but i guess that isnt so bad.

If it werent, it might have a lot of the horrible obligations, expectations, family time, traffic, dangers and more that i despise of most holidays...