Favorite Artists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu

it’s better then they’re a little bit of a loser.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
What sort of artists do you like? Hyperrealistic? Do you like mangakas/anime artists? Post pictures or links here! I'm totally not gathering inspiration

Here are my favorites:
515M was actually an artist I found on Tokyo Otaku Mode (which is a sxc shop by the way) that had a really weird but charming style. It's sort of childish and creepy at the same time =v=
972f418662645070f7455ec3293ea489.jpg

Dean Holdeen is just.
Dean Holdeen ; _ ;
Dean-Holdeen-20.jpg

Pretty well known Korean artist who works for gaming companies. Sexy anatomy. Sexy coloring, makes me want to cry. This is really the artist I want to be.
b2a08b17055cee6d688abc8a7a888ac0.jpg

I love love love shrimpHEBY from dA. Her clothing designs and everything is so beautiful. I asked if she uses any references, and she told me she usually comes up with them on the spot. wtf how do you even #goals.
77103fb55f4b6ead1ea47a3586afa6f5-d9bsna6.jpg

I like Yuusuke Kozaki as well, one of the artists behind the new Fire Emblem games :o. Very smooth and clean.

Min (@minmonsta) • Instagram photos and videos is a really good artist as well. Ugh, her lineart makes me want to cry.

Jackson Pollock, Salvador Dali, all the artists pretentious people like, basically.

I like a lot of artists they feature at the Getty and LACMA (google those museums, by the way).

Choosing a favorite is hard! I will throw out some that I consistently like, though.

Brian Viveros

[spoili]
Brian-Viveros.jpg

[/spoili]
Another of his that I think showcases his art well:
[spoili]
brian-m.-viveros--1024x929.jpg
[/spoili]

Chiara Bautista:
[spoili]
OuqzXEy.jpg

[/spoili]

Eve Ventrue:

[spoili]
__phial___by_eventrue-d87y5ct.jpg
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mu
Really hard to find favourites for me because there are so many I like! Hmm I'm going to keep it to two only lol.

AtomiccircuS on DeviantArt This guy seems to be a genius, I don't think there is any medium he doesn't use to make art. This picture is made with salt, by the way.

salt_portraits_from_game_of_thrones_by_atomiccircus-d9zl6mu.jpg

Savu0211 on DeviantArt He's the reason I even joined Deviantart... so that I could comment on his work :D He has this huge Lion King comic, and nowadays he's mostly working on Norse mythology, in particular, Sigyn.

preview_loki_by_savu0211-d72k9p5.jpg

My favorite artist died this year. I am going to miss talking with him. ;_;
I will post my other favorite artists in a bit. That video always gets to me.
For now here is some of what I have gotten from Matt.
image%203_zpsq5wsvvvz.jpg

1016151345_zps1g1wpcrj.jpg

1016151344a_zpsjzaicoqh.jpg

1016151344b_zpsonqehiqk.jpg

1016151344_zpsbcvdluzk.jpg

Linda Bergkvist! I'm not exactly the artsy type so I have no idea about styles or any of that stuff. I just know that I love her work, and I could honestly stare at them for hours.

nightly_forests.jpg

That is one of my absolute favorites. I tried talking my hubby into buying me a copy of it for our room, but it's too girly for him. =/

Linda Bergkvist! I'm not exactly the artsy type so I have no idea about styles or any of that stuff. I just know that I love her work, and I could honestly stare at them for hours.

nightly_forests.jpg

That is one of my absolute favorites. I tried talking my hubby into buying me a copy of it for our room, but it's too girly for him. =/
That's absolutely gorgeous :O I think I'll probably watch her.

Most of my favourite artists are comic book ones =V

Kevin Wada [x]
You should also totally check out his deviantart and tumblr accounts.

tumblr_o3qepfxcwF1qbkgzfo1_1280.jpg

Jen Bartel [x]
I love all her stuff, no exceptions. Check out her tumblr as well. She loves neon colours and cats hahaha

CauNIR1UcAAp6ah.jpg

Jamie McKelvie [x]
Lovelovelove

v77ZW4K.jpg

I think I can see a trend here hahaha

Chiara Bautista:
[spoili]
OuqzXEy.jpg

[/spoili]

^ yessss!!!

I Also love Foo Swee Chin, also known as FSc. She illustrated for the comic series Nightmares and Fairytales for a good while, and her drawing style really made it something special.
22b209aec6952fbf7af02b2f660713c7._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Reactions: Kitti
Trash-For-Reylo on tumblr
She's a talented fanartist that I was lucky enough to commission at a reasonable price for my boyfriend's birthday present <3
Fair warning, she does do some NSFW art so click the link at your own discretion.
10e1660d1ca64730bb2861cd96922b4e.png

df4182cc525341b08d8a828cea0e7c15.png

Another favourite artist of mine is DestinyBlue on DeviantArt.
Each piece of hers holds a great meaning to her, and is gorgeous to boot. I adore them.

2bf807f255e346b9aa62f294139fbb3f.png

8623ae9974b74a7a9f39397a764de878.png

3995fcc12679499aa4d6535f3c6bef61.png

I also adore the traditional art of Qinni on DeviantArt.
She does gorgeous, sometimes surreal pieces daily in her moleskin notebooks. Her digital art is incredible as well!

ad9bd3c642e2424ea79db163288caf3b.png

2e426f466cb64d7fa4d86475fd0bdf66.png

796be8711b79421a831238a5b1c54894.png

I shall post more now. My second favorite artist is Liger. She did my avatar, and also did these for me.
[spoili]
tumblr_nteexdnIHg1r2yua1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmt92mxlqU1r2yua1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndmevo5sup1r2yua1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n7wnwmgX7e1r2yua1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n52sr4K0as1r2yua1o1_1280.jpg
[/spoili]

And some other artists I like.
Z-Toon
[spoili]
knt___71_by_z_t00n-d9y7qvv.png
[/spoili]
Yuumei
[spoili]
317956f6c4566a399c4277e1b9969d68-d5pknyz.jpg
[/spoili]
tincek-marincek
[spoili]
black_swan_by_tincek_marincek-d7d4vdn.jpg
[/spoili]
kawacy
[spoili]
sex_education_by_kawacy-d9a3eoi.jpg
[/spoili]

AtomiccircuS on DeviantArt This guy seems to be a genius, I don't think there is any medium he doesn't use to make art. This picture is made with salt, by the way.
Holy shit, this guy is hardcore. What is art, what is life. Do you think he just looks at anything he spills and goes "hm, yes, this would make a wonderful piece." This is how you connect with art ; - ;

She may be a Yaoi mangaka BUT GODDAMN HER ART IS BEAUTIFUL
What did I expect from you > - >. YOU GOING TO MAKE THAT YOUR FOLIO INSPIRATION?? HOT YAOI MM.

My favorite artist died this year. I am going to miss talking with him. ;_;
I will post my other favorite artists in a bit. That video always gets to me.
For now here is some of what I have gotten from Matt.
image%203_zpsq5wsvvvz.jpg

1016151345_zps1g1wpcrj.jpg

1016151344a_zpsjzaicoqh.jpg

1016151344b_zpsonqehiqk.jpg

1016151344_zpsbcvdluzk.jpg
I've seen videos on YouTube of his products. It's amazing how quick he works and how simple shapes and colors just go together to create a final piece. It's definitely something I'd like to try my hand at, and totally fail.

Kevin Wada [x]
You should also totally check out his deviantart and tumblr accounts.
Fuck, I love the texture and that coloring. Is that digital or pencil with watercolor or something? It has that nice grainy feel like you would see on really, really good watercolor paper.

Another favourite artist of mine is DestinyBlue on DeviantArt.
Each piece of hers holds a great meaning to her, and is gorgeous to boot. I adore them.
Really bright, saturated colors o-o. And they look good together! Nothing clashes, and it reminds me of those old photo edits people make. Especially that second one with the sun rising(?) and the light on the edges of her figure. Sexy lighting, though.

I also adore the traditional art of Qinni on DeviantArt.
She does gorgeous, sometimes surreal pieces daily in her moleskin notebooks. Her digital art is incredible as well!
Amg Qinnnnnni. Qinni is fucking love. If you like Qinni's gig, you would like Picolo-kun as well! Check them out, they do a lot of work on their moleskin, and I saw some of their 100 drawing challenge and I'm just going to say each and every one of them looks as if they put a shit ton of effort into it x-x

Ah, Yuumei. Pretty sure most people know her. I've heard good things and bad things but yeah, she is a good artist. She has that really nice mix of realism and anime and that blending and coloring skill actually makes me want to cry.

tincek-marincek
THAT LINEWORK MAKES ME WANT TO CRY. Also kind of reminds me of shilin on DeviantArt.

Woah, smooth cutesy style. Looks really real as well, especially the lining. It reminds me of the art for the Deemo game. Why can't eggs and sperm look that kawaii in real life? ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.