Fast Times at Westfield High

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh sounds really fun," she smirked sarcastically back. "I don't much care for the literature club...but I would be happy to teach you archery," she said feeling her heart race. Suddenly she stopped and got off her horse, it was Penelope, the horse wined when she saw Sarah and raised the front half of her body kicking her legs as if to kick her.
"Easy girl easy!" She said and the horse only got worse at first, trying to run. However, Sarah blocked where she was about to run every time saying "easy girl it's okay," every time. The horse finally stopped and stood there calming down. The young huntress held her hand up and Penelope hesitantly placed her snout against her hand then followed Sarah as she got on her other horse Jasper and they trotted back. On their way home she tied the dead deer and foxes to Penelope.
Back at the house, Robin was introduced to the worlds most comfy sofa and a warm blanket around him. "Here you go," Sarah said softly handing him a cup of hot chocolate as the fire crackled in the fire place. "Would you like to stay for dinner?" She asked.
She then shivered and got her own blanket covering herself. She then scooted closer to him "I've read that staying next to someone keeps you warm," she said as a lame excuse that was indeed a fact.
The flames shadows danced behind both Robin and Sarah.

Robin's eyes widened as the girl scooted closer to him, her side pressed tight to his in a comfortable sort of way, as if they fit like that. Embarrassingly enough, he didn't exactly want to touch her because of all the sweat on his palms, and probably how dangerously sweaty the rest of him was, too, so he mostly sat there in awkardity, dreadfully nervous for what seemed like an eternity, although, more likely, only a few seconds had flown by. He figured most of the heat was from the fire place. He was quite literally burning up. But it wasn't like he hadn't experienced this before, so he knew his own nervousness when he saw it, especially when a quite pretty, quite fantastic girl was making a move on him.

He took a deep breath and tried to make himself smirk, although he swore it looked more like a lopsided grimace than his usual sly, highly adorable half smile. Chuckling under his breath in a strained sort of way, he said to her, his words barely audible, "Oh, really?" It wasn't meant to sound sarcastic, but it wasn't really meant to be serious, either. Not even flirtatious. He wasn't even sure why he said it, and immediately regretted it, so he took to guzzling hot chocolate, which didn't help the cause much with the way it burnt his tongue. If he thought he was hot before...

He resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He was sure he didn't appear so nervous. He was pretty good, in fact, at suppressing his anxiety from view. He just wished he could be better at stifling it all together, so he never had to be afraid of anything again, especially something that's supposed to be as wonderful as this.

Trying to recover, he added, answering her earlier question, "I'd like to stay." He smiled. "But, I'd need to text my dad first. He's probably wondering where I am." He looked down to his shoes, the same blue and grey ones Carol gave him earlier, and frowned, not sure if he was sullen because he needed to tell his dad he was hanging with a girl, or because of how god-awful his kicks were. Probably both.

"That's okay," she smiled "if you can't stay then my mom and I can drop you off at your house."
In truth Sarah was a wreck, she couldn't tell weather or not he was into her. He smiles and he barley says anything to her, was this a bad sign? After all, she did make a move
On him. She took a deep breath, this was their first day.
Should she make another move? No no first day remember?
The scene and the mood was romantic, Sarah's heart was pounding.

He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously with one hand and searching through his pockets with the other. With his phone, a shade of dark teal that matched his shorts, now sitting comfortably on his lap, he gave her a soft sort of gaze, where his eyes displayed this odd sort of affection, staring into her eyes for a second or two before saying, "Thanks." He looked back to his phone, flipping through his message screen. "But my dad will probably be okay with it. I don't have anything to do today besides studying for my Spanish quiz." That sounded really, really lame. He rolled his eyes. "And, you know, uh..." There's no way to save yourself from that. Seriously. Spanish quiz? "And...basically having no life." He chuckled.

Seeing that he had quite a few messages from Marshall, as well as a missed call, he stifled the urge to sigh in irritation, much like he did outdoors, but far more exaggerated. There were four messages, each saying some stupid direction about what to do about Sarah, and Robin read them each individually, shaking his head and rolling his eyes when necessary, and contemplating whether the suggestions could be a viable option or not. From Marshall, the messages said:

U sure its just the farm thats beautiful? lol I mean, Paige is literally the hottest girl i know, but new girl isnt bad looking either ;P Tell her she has pretty eyes or something!! Paige loves that stuff!!

Duuuude, how's it hangin? U still at her house? Schools almost over! Im in history now with Zand...he said u should ask her if you can stay for dinner. And to get to know her family and stuff. Paige has a ton of siblings, and i think i really scored when i made friends with them. but i wouldnt trust Zander's advice cuz hes never had a chick ;p

WHAT IS GOING ON?? did u ask her to the dance?? y is it such a big deal? u literally just met the girl. yeah, she could be a psychopath, but u said she was really nice and cool, right? so just ask her to the dance and c where it goes!! Thats what i did with Paige!! i mean, u asked Ana out in 8th TO A DANCE and u guys dated for like 2+ years. Seriously!

I called u like 3 times, brotha. remember that eminem quote u were obsessed with in 7th about keeping ur feelings locked in a vault or something like that? YOU SAID YOU WERE OVER THAT. and i know ur a liar sometimes, but (gonna sound like a girl now) omg man wtf? ur at her freaking house for satans sake!! kiss her or something! SAY SHE HAS NICE EYES. ASK HER OUT. DO SOMETHING.

Robin rolled his eyes, shaking his head blatantly in agitation, not really caring to conceal how annoyed he was at the moment. This was why he didn't like telling his friends about who he liked. He waited almost half a year to tell Zander and Marshall that he had a thing for Anastasia because he knew they would be just as annoying about it. He trusted them not to be blabber mouths and keep his secrets safe, as they really didn't have any other friends to tell, but he hated the way they pressured him into things, and made him feel as if he was less of a man. Robin was a generally brave person. But, when it came to girls he liked, he felt helpless. And forcing him into leap straight out of his comfort zone after only a day was almost painfully unfair.

Yeah, he did ask Anastasia out at the end of eighth grade. But he knew she liked him, and she had already asked him to a dance in seventh, but he couldn't go because of other obligations, whether he was insanely confused about his true feelings or not, and he knew that she had been waiting on him to make a move, and the eighth grade dinner dance was the best opportunity to do that. But this? This wasn't even a calculated risk. It was just plain stupid.

Quickly, he typed back:

WILL YOU JUST STFU ALREADY? And dont bring Anastasia into this because she has nothing to do with it. That was a completely different thing so stop whining and get over it. We just met. Caaaaaaalm down. And stop relating things to Paige! She's practically outta the psych ward. I don't even get why you like her.

Satisfied, he pulled up his dad's contact and quickly asked him if he could stay at a friend's house for dinner, neglecting to mention who on purpose, as his dad tended to be stringent about the sorts of friends he interacted with. Even Maggie McAdams, a girl he was best friends with the entirety of elementary school, was disliked by his father, just because of her rough and tumble attitude, and because she was a girl. Now, the duo didn't talk anymore, but he refused to let something like that happen again, especially since Anastasia taught him that this was entirely his life, not controlled by his father.

Sarah excused herself while he was calling to make dinner. When she walked into the kitchen she saw her mom there with her arms crossed, smirking.
"What?" Sarah asked shrugging.
"Don't what me...you like him!" She said pointing at her.
"What? That's stupid...we just met!" Sarah blushed.
"Oh and I guess your poor excuse for scooting next to him didn't suffice then?" Carol smirked.
"We just met! I barley know anything about him!"
"So it's love at first sight! Even better!" She giggled.
"It was just talking!" Sarah breathed.
"With hot chocolate and romantic fireplace," Carol said, knowing she was winning the argument. "I guess you don't want to know what he said about you!"
"He said something?" She gasped excitedly.
"Gotcha!" Carol laughed and Sarah frowned, blushing furiously.
"You're too scared to be in love again, especially after what happened with Sean..." Carol said matter of fact as she opened the drawer and grabbed a knife to cut up the deer her daughter caught.
Sarah walked away frustrated about her feelings but his it well when she sat back down next to Robin.
So far what she loved about him were his eyes. She didn't want to admit it but she shivers in excitement when he stares at her with such intensity. Just thinking about it made her stomach twist in a knot.

Robin finished talking on the phone with his dad rather quickly, probably only a few seconds after Sarah left the room. His father was especially curt with him at the particular moment, although he was short and unresponsive himself, but he did allow him to stay for dinner, even if he had to be home within the next hour and a half. It surprised Robin a little that his dad didn't want to know whose house he was at - maybe he assumed he was with Marshall or Zander, or, preferably, one of his jock friends, as his dad liked him to hang out with kids like Cliff or Brian as opposed to his dorky real friends - but it's not as if he was going to tell him. Concealment like that certainly wouldn't fly with his overbearing mother, but his dad, although very stringent at times, was a little more lax.

He couldn't hear the conversation between Sarah and her mother in the kitchen, although he could tell they were raising their voices, and wondered what was wrong. He couldn't make out whether they were yelling playfully or antagonistically, but he hoped it wasn't the latter, and that it wasn't his fault. He and his dad used to argue very often about endeavors concerning Maggie, his elementary school best friend, and even Anastasia, before they started dating. In a way, despite their goofiness, Marshall and Zander were right about one thing - it was important to get on the good side of her family. And Marshall, a guy who dated a girl with likely the biggest family in the state, was almost an expert at that.

When Sarah returned - rather radiantly, of course, as usual - he greeted her with the same sort of wave he gave in English earlier that day. Robin was never a chronic waver before today, but for some reason, his hand simply couldn't go down. Why was it, he wondered, that he donned such odd new gestures whenever he started liking a new girl? Some of his quirks were due to Anastasia rubbing off on him, but others were unexplainable. Like this. Weird.

He chuckled slightly, trying to relieve an odd awkward tension he believed to be lingering in the air. He was genuinely concerned about the fact that Sarah and her mother could have been arguing about him in the kitchen, so he decided to take a light approach - without being overly nosy, of course - and ask her how things were going. "Everything okay in there?" he questioned, smirking slightly. He wasn't sure why, but he decided that would be a good time to laugh under his breath, so that's what he did. "It sounded like you and your mom were really going at it." He chuckled.

"Oh," she chuckled nervously. "We were umm...joking around about something" she said.
The fire crackled and Sarah scooted a little closer to him, her blanket wrapped around her. "So umm who should teach who first? You teach me baseball or me teach you archery," she smiled staring into his eyes.

Robin thoroughly hated it when pretty girls looked him in the eyes.

He sweat way too much. And the fact that there was a lit fire across from him, and there was a blanket wrapped around him and a mug of hot cocoa in his hand, and he was sitting next to the exact epitome of a pretty girl, made him sweat almost gallons, like he was that quintessential rocker guy who barely does anything on stage but practically radiates sweat. It was ridiculous. And there wasn't a thing he could do about it. His face likely glistened. And his hair was probably wet. And he probably looked stupid, and all he wanted to do was shower. Or at least wash his face. But he didn't want to mention it, in case she really didn't notice, because most of the time, he figured, people don't pay attention to the embarrassing things you do until you make note of it. He at least hoped his cologne kept him smelling good. If that. He rolled his eyes internally. Great.

She was really gorgeous. So, automatically, that made it impossible for him to answer her question, and all he was doing, really, was gawking at her with his mouth slightly open like some idiotic middle schooler, his eyes all wide and the sweat dripping slowly down the side of his face as if he were a walking waterfall. His mind wanted him to kill himself at that moment. But he could barely control it.

Cringing, he looked down, twirling the cocoa cup gently in his hand, and took a swig, regardless of how much he burned his mouth at the moment. He shrugged, smiling slightly despite the dull, aching pain in his tongue. "Whatever you want is cool," he said, setting his cup on the table. "You'd probably be pretty good as a shortstop, actually..." He paused, thinking for a moment, as he himself was a shortstop, then continued. "I suck at shooting arrows, though. It's almost funny."

She then took her eyes off him and pondered for a moment, wondering what it will be like to play shortstop," she said still smiling.
In general she thought that him staring at her was so cute and the way that he did it as well. With his jaw slacked and wide eyes.
"How about you teach me baseball first since I already taught you how to ride a horse?" Sarah smiled.
"Dinners ready!" Carol said handing both Robin and Sarah a plate of meat, green beans and mashed potatoes.
"Thanks mom!" Sarah said and scooted away from Robin eating her food.

Robin had to admit, he was pretty hungry, with his lack of eating lunch today because of his lackadaisical appetite, and because of just how starving nervousness tended to make him. While most found anxiety to be a killer of hunger, he found it as more of an accelerant, so it was all he could do, really, not to literally dig into his dinner, which had quite the appealing smell. Smiling faintly, he tried the deer first, in which Sarah shot herself, and was very satisfied with the flavor of it. He'd never tried venison before, but it certainly met his expectations. Either that, or Carol was just an insanely good cook. Of course, the rest was quite delicious as well, although he was careful to eat politely, not wishing to appear as a slob.

Somewhat daintily, as if he was trying way too hard, he spooned some mashed potatoes into his mouth and swallowed, then smiled slightly, glancing in her direction. It was weird, but she even looked pretty when she ate. "I've gotta leave in like an hour," he said, wiping his mouth with a paper towel. "But I could show you outside after dinner if ya want."

Robin looked so cute when he ate daintily, she of course wouldn't say anything about it. What if he's embarrassed and stops? It would ruin everything! Besides, its weird to say that when they are just friends.
Are they even friends?
She pretty much kidnapped him and took him to her farm. It would be nice not to sit alone again, because she had a feeling that the other know-it-all girl would keep trying to make friends with her over and over again until she gave it, however if she saw her hang out with Robin then maybe she would be left alone from that girl, what was her name, Peggy?
That was only a bonus if they were to be friends though, she didn't know what Peggy was talking about at all...he seemed so...to himself and nice.
With a deep breath she just decided to be straight-forward about it.
"Wanna be friends?" Sarah asked Robin with a smile "I mean, hey! If it gets Peggy off my back!"
It was now Sarah's turn to screw up badly.
"I mean that's not the only reason I want to be your friend!" She blushed "I know we have only spent one day together...but your really fun"
She then inched a little closer,
"and nice,"
she scooted a little closer.
"and you have nice shoes!"
They were face to face now,
"your very fascinating and I like the time we spent together."

Status
Not open for further replies.