Fantasy World (Group)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

What would help you further indulge in the world?

• A detailed world map consisting of cities, landmarks....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A variety of technologies possibly available .

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ℜyder

Original poster
-Hands an apple-
Alright, I know it is weird that the first thing I am doing is putting up an interest check, but hey.
Thank you for popping your nose in to check around, it is much appreciated!

Now let's get to the main point.

Let's just start with the easy stuff, straight out, no fluff.

Genre: Fantasy
World Type: New/Open world
Races: Custom allowed

Magic: Yes (However, uniquely gained)
Plot Style: Free (Events will appear, either to be triumphed by players, or the NPC)
Age Restrictions: None
Era Type: Medieval / Feudal (Some steampunk may be allowed)

Hopefully that short list allowed most individuals decide whether to continue reading or not. For those who have stayed, here is the general thoughts on my side so far. Any and all opinions are welcome.

Description
The world is an open place, land masses split by oceans to form separate continents. Technologies may vastly differ between the lands to show the lack of influence between each given nation. However, one thing will always be constant, the old gods still roam the lands. At least, what they refer to as the old gods. They are absolutely massive in size, and for the most part passive to the inhabitants of the world. Even landscapes change with mass varieties, including floating islands within the sky, to fields made of crystals rather than grass and trees. Creatures will change between each mass meaning behavioral traits as well. Each place will also have mythical beasts (Rather, creatures that are said to be alive but no one has actually seen them)

Alright, let's take a break from the difference of lands for a second.

This will be a world of adventures! From a young age, people are actually encouraged to travel the lands and see the world with their own eyes. When ready, they leave their hometown and attempt to find their own place somewhere within the vastness before them. That is of course, until they meet a significant other and decide to settle down somewhere. At least, that is my way of explaining why 15+ year olds may very well be traveling these lands. Adventurers are welcome everywhere.... mostly....

Screw it, we want to get to the fantasy bit! Magic!! RACES!!!

Alright, alright! Sheesh...
Magic is actually an underlying theme of it all. Amongst the playable characters, magic is actually a rarity, but achievable. One of the fantastical features of this world, is that every month (Or a random event..) will spawn a number of beacons of light across the continents. It has been said, that those who enter these rays of light will undergo a pain equivalent to four deaths. However, if one manages to remain within the light until it fades moments later, they absorb the magic within the light. But there is a catch! Only one may gain the power of any single light, meaning there can be no other standing within it as well, unless of course, they share the same blood.

But wait, there is more! It is actually encouraged for adventurers to absorb these lights, and it is an unwritten rule that the first one within the light gains the right to the power. This is because, if the light remains untouched for a certain amount of time, some other being may take the power. That's right, not only playable characters may gain these abilities, but also the creatures roaming the land! In some cases, the land itself will absorb the energy and awaken to some horrid monstrosity. So it is best not to waste time fighting over who shall undergo the procedure!

The Races; The world is a huge, magical place. With many environments, creatures, as well energies flowing throughout it, of course there are other beings capable of communicating. The land shapes the beings growing upon it, and this would include those who live with intellect, crafting the world to suit themselves rather than adapting to the world. But perhaps the most amusing thing to tell, is the mere population across all playable races. If placed in comparison to the human population of earth, there is roughly only six hundred thousand beings.

That's right, it's mostly Player vs. Environment, though there will be a number of events counteracting this -cough cough hint hint-

So I suppose the question would be, who is interested in crafting a world with me?

Reactions: Hiiro-Sama
Haha, many thanks! I suppose since I even got one person interested I will follow through and start developing the idea further!
Anything you want to see in the world my friend?

This looks really cool and I'm interested! ( OR is it only a one on one? )

Ahh, thank you Hiiro-sama! I am glad that you are interested. This idea is in fact for a group, hence the note in parentheses. I do apologize if my previous response confused some!

Haha, it might be a slow process, but I am going to try and have some fun with it. Currently scavenging around the net to build a bestiary.

Anything specific you want to see or add? It's our world to make after all!

I really want to see more about the different cultures (eg, the different animals, traditions..) and how different and contrasting they are.

Eee! I can't wait till this rp starts ~!!

Well, if you are interested in seeing what I am toying with, here it is. Don't pay too much mind on the current text, and the fact that it is all in the continent 2 section.

But the point is, I am playing with the BBcoding to see if I can make it both, easier to navigate, and easier on the eyes.

There may or may not be three continents, I don't really know yet. But I plan on listing the information much like this using spoilers. Each section containing Bestiary/Regions/Cities/Cultures/Etc. Soo, what do you guys think? And no, that is not it for creatures, haha..

Edit: This will be constantly edited, so I am sorry if the above message confuses anyone.

As well, I am thinking about using This map as a reference.

Continent 1​

[spoili]
These are the fantasy creatures only!

Creatures of land
Pali: A common rodent, that is plentiful within plains, as well many other regions. Some take them as pets due to their small, adorable Appearances, as well their docile nature.

Rhetcor: A sturdy mammal, that can often times be found in planes. They often travel in smaller herds of 5-6, but are still rather passive. Most say that these creatures sprouted from the land itself, given the floral that grows off their earthly hide. Due to their Appearance they can often be mistaken as nature whilst sleeping.

Gazen: A rather plentiful breed of herbivores, they often are found as prey to the inhabitants of the world. One can relate them to the Gazelle of Earth, but with a more unique Appearance

Dratul: Due to their Appearance, said to share the blood of the mythical dragons, the Dratul are best known for their scales. Protecting it's vital organs are larger scales thought to be made of bone. Mostly living within forests, they have been called omens of harvest. For the most part, they are known to be passive, however, during times of starvation they have been known to attack people.

Trog: Equal in height to the average man, the Trog is a slow moving creature that often inhabits woodlands or marshes. Their Appearance would leave people to believe that they are creatures made of bark. Trogs often make a meal of poisonous plants, making them quite welcome amongst the living inhabitants of the world. However, they have also been known to eat carcasses after a state of decay begins. Generally, they are quite passive, but in times of fear they will grab nearby boulders to throw.

Creatures of Sky
List:
List:
List:

These are the Unique traits between the sections. View Cities for more in-depth Info.

Practices
List:
List:
List:

Economy
List:
List:
List:

Regions
List:
List:
List:
[/spoili]

Continent 2​

[spoili]

Creatures of land

Pali: A common rodent, that is plentiful within plains, as well many other regions. Some take them as pets due to their small, adorable Appearances, as well their docile nature.

Tera Hounds: A rather unique breed within the canine family. Tera hounds are capable of changing their own element within a week's time. They have been seen as Flame, Aquatic, and Earth types

Rhetcor: A sturdy mammal, that can often times be found in planes. They often travel in smaller herds of 5-6, but are still rather passive. Most say that these creatures sprouted from the land itself, given the floral that grows off their earthly hide. Due to their Appearance they can often be mistaken as nature whilst sleeping.

Ghor: A rather brutish looking creature, the Ghor tend to inhabit the Barren lands or caves. Believe it or not, they are rather passive creatures, that live by eating away at the earth. But, as a bi-product, they also tend to produce ores and crystals. Despite their rather horrifying Appearance, they are said to be in the primate family.

Gazen: A rather plentiful breed of herbivores, they often are found as prey to the inhabitants of the world. One can relate them to the Gazelle of Earth, but with a more unique Appearance

Dratul: Due to their Appearance, said to share the blood of the mythical dragons, the Dratul are best known for their scales. Protecting it's vital organs are larger scales thought to be made of bone. Mostly living within forests, they have been called omens of harvest. For the most part, they are known to be passive, however, during times of starvation they have been known to attack people. [/COLOR]​

Creatures of Sky
List:
List:
List:

These are the Unique traits between the sections. View Cities for more in-depth Info.

Practices
List:
List:
List:

Economy
List:
List:
List:

Regions
List:
List:
List:
[/spoili]

[spoili]

Creatures of land

Drake Ape: A highly territorial creature, the Drake Ape is one of the few unique creatures of the land. Though incapable of reaching to the skies, these Apes have been known to traverse the unlikely terrain with great ease, often times surviving long drops between the islands. What earns these brute's their name would be their Appearance shares traits of a draconic nature.
List:
List:

Creatures of Sky
List:
List:
List:

Practices
Flight; It is a rather important tool whilst living amongst the lands within the sky. Though most islands are connected by lengthy vines, it would require much time to properly reach a destination. This is because the connected islands are much like a maze, above an below, sometimes a two mile drop is necessary to reach the mass below. As such, the people have made various gliders, for those races who are ground bound. As well, torrents of wind coming upwards from the see provide lift within certain key locations, allowing the true inhabitants to freely travel the lands.

Economy
Tribal System; Rather than a single city, or a few villages, the Floating Isles are known for housing multiple tribes per island. This is due to the wide distribution of needed resources, so under a pact, nearly all tribes work as a single unit. A single platform stands far above the buildings, a unique flag rolled below as if to keep things organized. These platforms are also used for gliders, both departing and receiving. Merchants are known to travel in threes or more, as well carrying packages between each tribe.

Regions
List:
List:
List:
[/spoili]

[spoili]

Creatures of land
Hell Hounds: Perhaps the most terrifying of the canine family, these creatures are highly hostile. Known for having eight eyes (One on each horn, as well two upon it's snout), as well lengthy tendrils that chase behind it's mane they tend to strike fear and cover much ground by sensory means. They are perhaps the most lethal hunters within barren lands, seeing as they remain in packs of twelve or larger. These hounds certainly earn their name, not only in Appearance

Ghor: A rather brutish looking creature, the Ghor tend to inhabit the Barren lands or caves. Believe it or not, they are rather passive creatures, that live by eating away at the earth. But, as a bi-product, they also tend to produce ores and crystals. Despite their rather horrifying Appearance, they are said to be in the primate family.

Chupera: Native to the barrens, and relatives of the Gazen, are the Chupera. Though, these are far more hostile than their more docile counterparts, they are known to be one of the lesser creatures of this land mass. They have been known to travel via all fours, however upon attacking they raise to their hind legs. Their Appearance is mostly noted by the mane, as well the musky odor it puts off.

Creatures of Sky
List:
List:
List:

Practices
List:
List:
List:

Economy
List:
List:
List:

Regions
List:
List:
List:
[/spoili]

[spoili]

Creatures of Ocean
Grenahc: Grenahc is said to be the great guardian of the sea. Some cultures have come to call this leviathan a god, offering up sacrifices to it yearly. It is believed that if Grenahc becomes angered, the ocean shall swallow up the lands for a thousand years. The serpent is so large, that it can devour a whale whole. It's Appearance leads some to think it is related to the dragons.

Tlathu: The Banshee serpent that wards off all travelers from the sea. It devours any and all ships that dare enter the sea, making it an impassible terrain. They say it is the demon that stalks Grenahc from the shadows. It's hallowed wails can be heard for thirty miles, warning travelers of the death ahead. It's Appearance is dark like the sea deep below, or perhaps, the stormy sky above.

Banshee Serpent: The Banshee Serpents are the children of Tlathu. They share the appearance of their creator, as well the same devilish wails to a lesser degree. Their cries deafen their targets as they patrol about, deciding to weaken their prey prior to the kill.
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Interesting, that this is, I wouldn't mind helping out a little.
Nor would I mind partaking upon this soon to be wonderful Roleplay... and this apple you've just handed-.... Nah I'm not eating this, I don't know you well enough, you could be a snake in disguise.

Still I'll help, but all my crap is copyrighted, capiche?!
I'm kidding... no worries.

i'd be happy to join in as a player. i already have a couple of character ideas, in fact.

Ah!! Thank you everyone, I am glad to see so many people willing to take part. And I can only really apologize on my slow speed! (With my brother's wedding tomorrow my time is somewhat limited, haha..)

@Ser K+
If you have any ideas that would be awesome, just that much less I have to think of, haha.

A note:
I'm trying to avoid going into detail of the available races, as to accommodate any custom one that may appear. Soooo, feel completely free to make anything you can really dream of, even winged races are fine.
But remember, no magic without journeying and finding one of those pillars of light!

Reactions: Gore
Aye aye captain, I'll pm over a bunch of stuff soon sometime.

Much appreciated my friend!

I am updating my list completely randomly. I just added a few cultural traits to the Floating Islands.

Edit: Alright everyone, my apologies for the slow day, but I will be heading to bed. After the wedding tomorrow, I should be back in full gear!

I think I'll be able to throw in some cultures and beasties for the continents... and the ocean... I will go wild on the ocean. It'd be best if some people don't decide to go there at all, but I'd enjoy it if they did >:D, I'm kidding around, I won't throw that many leviathan type beasties into your play.

Currently working on:
C1
beasties/cultures as well as A region

C2
Same as C1

The Ocean
Beasties

This looks amazing! I'm a big fan of MMORPG's and this seems a lot like one.

*runs off to begin the long, complicated process of making a character only to scrap it*

Haha, very much appreciated Ser K! Feel free to make as many leviathans as you want actually. I wanted the Ocean to be a black list area, (Honestly I just want flying ships going around).

Glad to see your interest PostingOwl! Though do take your time, it is a relatively slow build, mostly on my part!

A random note: If you ever invite someone to a wedding, make sure to let them know the location is over an hour away! As well, that their will be three receptions! My six hour day quickly turned into twelve! As well, I am using a lot of exclamation points!!!

Hah, alrighty! To both statements.
Time to make the waters ground x!
... and I don't mean Mars.

I suppose I will look forward to seeing it?
Sorry about the lack of updates tonight everyone, but today's events have wiped me out! I am going to call it a night here. Goodnight everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.