rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
FALLOUT: REQUIEM

Welcome to the Wasteland!

The bombs fell. The world burned. Humanity… survived. 227 years after the Great War, mankind, splintered by radiation, thrives in remote settlements across the post-nuclear landscape.

Welcome to the Wasteland— where everything and its mother wants you dead.

A Requiem for Spring

The Last President of the United States has issued an emergency decree.

Vault 120 will be unsealing its doors for the first time in 227 years.

"Without a new power conduit, our home will grow dark, cold, and unlivable. We will be forced to abandon our home for what has become of the surface world or worse— we wait too long and find ourselves trapped in our blessed haven, gasping for air as it slowly runs out. I do not wish to see this holy ground tainted by that possibility.

Fellow Americans, citizens of Vault 120, in anticipation of that catastrophe, I, Frank Scotte, request the voluntary service of six incredibly brave individuals.

I do not know what the world above will have in store for you, but I can guarantee it will be nothing like our beautiful existence here in Vault 120. Every second may be a fight for your survival and every minute may be a battle needing to be won, but you will be armed with the finest pre-War weaponry as well as the respect and admiration of your fellow citizens.

Neither your names nor your contribution to the vault will ever be forgotten."

For three arduous months, volunteers trained— physically, with weapons and armor, studied pre-War survival techniques and memorized the effects of radiation. At the end, they were given two weeks of basic medical knowledge before the six Volunteers were chosen.

It's 2304 and the world is little more than a crisp husk of its former self. A beckoning, veritable wasteland waiting to be rediscovered and explored. Treasures hide beneath the rubble as often as disturbing revelations do, but welcome to the Wasteland- where everything and its mother wants you dead. Here, in the aftermath of total atomic annihilation, every choice has a consequence and every consequence a revelation.

Fallout: Requiem is an open-world post-nuclear landscape where players and GMs weave together compelling character-driven narratives where plot beats, side quests, and unexpected encounters force the characters to make a choice and then live by those choices.

Whether you play one of the six Volunteers tasked with retrieving a new power conduit or a survivor struggling to endure the Wasteland, Fallout: Requiem and its debut roleplay, A Requiem for Spring, will focus on what it means to survive and live with the choices we're often forced to make, despite the impossible circumstances.

Fallout: Requiem (A Realm Concept)

Fallout: Requiem would be open to all players and GMs. A collaborative setting that evolves over time with the creation of new characters, locations, and premises. Even if it doesn't line up with the creative vision I have in place, a #fanon subforum would allow anyone interested in the Fallout setting to explore the Wasteland and revel in post-apocalyptic shenanigans.

A long term goal for the in-game narrative of Fallout: Requiem is to have several large groups spanning the Wasteland. Meetups might lead to war, the combining of resources, or the rebuilding of this great nation. I have a premise for Fallout: New York that I may run next summer, depending on the ongoings of A Requiem for Spring, but there are several canon locations that GMs can add to Fallout: Requiem (Capital Wasteland, Boston, New Vegas, NCR, or your very own creation!).

Last edited: