Fall of the House of Adir

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said does anyone but me find something odd about this whole thing. What's the one place we have to be, Udirn right? And what's stopping us, a siege crew of Myst soldiers. Does that not sound the least bit strange to you lot. That the God-Emperor would put an army and navy between us and our goal?

Lashita's dragon Ash twitched. It was a small movement but Lashita saw it and looked to the sky. Far above a small creature flew. By the outline the Dragon Knight knew what it was, as small spy dragon. Who it belonged to the women couldn't tell, it was too far away for her to see any identifying marks. However Ash didn't have the same problem. Lashita dropped her gaze so it looked it she was just looking up to the sky on a whim, or perhaps in askance of the Gods. With her right hand she made a sharp, quick gesture, two finger pointing down. Ash made a small chirping noise and that was it.

Lashita frowned. But everyone else continued to speak as if nothing happened. Well, to be fair, nothing really did happen for most people.

They might be looking for it as well or only trying to deny us any access to any hope we might have.

What's so strange about Myst trying to stop us? We're the enemy. It sounds perfectly rational to stick an obstacle between us and the goal. What's worrying is how he knows about our 'goal'. If we've got an army and a navy blocking us from the Isle, then he seriously must want whatever is hidden there.

Though the conversation faded to the back ground as one of the women with the slob came over and spoke.

Excuse me er..ma'am.. I'm mister Beard's representative and assistant... You know, the large fellow with the axe eating a plate of mutton legs? Er..anyways I'd like to know where are we going next after we get past their troops...On the isle, I mean..

Lashita turned her eyes onto the woman. She was taller than the Captain, but that was pretty typical. "First things first." Lashita said. She put a hand on the woman's shoulder. "If I were you I'd go home." Then she turned away from the woman and back to everyone else who were, kind of freaking out over the ex-solider of Myst.

"We have no time to decide loyalty of traitors." Lashita said loudly to cut off whoever was speaking. "We have to go, now. Anyone who wishes to stay and argue the point is welcome." All at once the woman wanted her command back. They didn't descend into anarchy every time she turned her back. And they were all soldiers. However she was loyal to the king and would do whatever he commanded. Even if it was gathering a group of strangers and going on a fool's quest, their only guide an ancient prophecy. Lashita patted Ash on the side and the large black dragon took to the air with a few beats of his wings.

"Come on."

After Luna herself had decided to go with Lashita she listened to everyone's conversations indifferently, not even processing it until several moments later that someone had just said they were once a Myst Soldier. This didn't sit well with Luna at all so she tosses her cloak to allow for more free movement and pulls her duel blades from the sheathes and with a rather strange twirl of movement, almost like a dance instead of an attack. She swings both of the blades at Kyle with incredible speed which wouldn't give him very long to react. "What the hell is a Myst soldier doing here?!" The sudden shift of Luna's attitude was startling but what was even stranger was her appearance, long pale purple hair and brilliant yellow eyes, she wore a slit silver skirt and a white strapless tank top that allowed for the freedom of movement she'd need in a fight.

Luna
trusted no one from Myst, probably because she had heard only awful things about that empire and had avoided it like a plague in her travels. It was the first time in a long time that Luna had reacted without thinking first but she wasn't a very trusting person to begin with. Her yellow irises never left Kyle's face when she had begun her charge, even with the twirling step she hadn't lost track of the Myst soldier. If he had turned traitor or not Luna did not particularly care, someone who turned traitor once would surely do it again so she wanted to nip it in the bud early; if possible but damn he was double her age and probably had four times the battle experience, maybe attacking him out right hadn't been such a good idea.

"You know, you shouldn't fight him." Coralie spoke, her voice ringing out in a natural tone. She stepped a few feet forward to put herself more into the group, instead of at the back. Her legs felt uncomfortable and it took a great deal of thinking to walk forward. She couldn't seem to talk and walk the same time either.

Her sea colored eyes examined the Myst soldier and this other girl, Luna, carefully. She figured if the king had chosen this group he had chosen them for a reason. Being a peace maker between friends and families was often one of Coralie's jobs and she found pleasure in helping people. Maybe that is why the king thought she would be useful in this mission. After all, she was risking a lot going on a mission. Mermaids weren't supposed to pick a side. This could be dangerous for her and the other mermaids if Myst was to catch word a mermaid was going against them.

"He might be an ex-Myst soldier and look a little shady, but would you stop and look at yourself? You are no more suspicious looking then him." She spoke in a voice that was not meant to be demeaning or rude, she was just pointing out the facts here. The long pale purple hair and yellow eyes of the girl were an interesting feature that Coralie admired.

"The king trusts him. The king trusts you. Look at this group of people would you?" Coralie turned and held out her arms to help get her point across, "Do any of us look normal to you? I mean, Lashita is the most normal looking one but she has a dragon!" Coralie spoke knowing full well she was probably the only other normal looking person here, her or Almira. "I just think you need to calm down. If he betrays us, we kill him. But the same goes for any of us, now doesn't it? Of course I am probably speaking harshly here..." Coralie's voice trailed off. She looked young but had lived more years then anyone else here. Death always seemed like a punishment and Coralie wasn't sure if she truly believed in the death penalty, but betrayal, especially at this magnitude seemed like the only option.

"Of course. I'm not in charge. And you two may fight if you want, I'm just saying that it won't get us anywhere. The king is our king for a reason. If an ex-Myst soldier is here then he is here for a perfectly sound reason. So calm down." Coralie then let out a chuckle, "Unless you really want to face him. But honestly I wouldn't want to pick a fight with anyone here. We all seem to look experienced in battle." Once again, Coralie spoke knowing she also looked very normal and could be seen talking as a hypocrite. But Coralie knew better, she did have experience in battle. Attached to her dress, which was far to long for this occasion she figured, was seaweed wrapped together and braided to make a belt and carrier for her small dagger. In all reality, Coralie looked like the least useful in this situation.

When Coralie had first arrived and saw everyone who gathered she felt overwhelmed. She was a mermaid with almost no magic like the others, thanks to her leg transformation. She found it hard to walk and needed at least a week to get used to her legs. She only had a dagger to attack with. Overall, Coralie seemed pathetic in this situation. The others had cloaks, scars, tattoos, and weapons. Coralie had tattoos of a mermaid she hid, did that make her as tough as the others appeared to be? Maybe the others weren't as tough and she was just judging by appearance alone. She couldn't help but be critical on herself though, she didn't want to be a weak link in this group. So she figured stepping in now to be a peace maker was the best way to keep her being useful. She figured if she couldn't fight as well she had least had many more years of wisdom built up.

" Traitor. ..you know nothing of Myst Dragon Lady if you can call me that." Kyle spoke with the bitter acid only the betrayed could ever mustered. " But that may explain your flat chested self and your useless King losing every battle that mattered."

Intentionally or not the Dragon Knight had awoken the memories of the past . The moment the trainers of Myst had put his first sword in his hands. It was a simple wooden sword, blunt and far heavier then a steel blade of the same size would've been. But that was point his trainers told him. Endurance was one of the most important aspect a soldier could have.

And so he eagerly swung that sword in the drills they instructed in. Up left right down, the plough guard, ox guard, the falcon guard, ripostes, counter thrust, pommel strikes, half swording, and when a wrestling should be thrown in. And then they added the shield, they taught the lance, bow, how to ride a horse in combat. Then when the young man showed himself a leader among his peers the instructors taught him an officers skills.

Kyle had been taught to believe in the cause. And like the fool he was the young man had. For his belief in his countrymen had only made the gradual fall into reality only that much more painful. The revelations only hitting with the force of a calvary man's lance.

The scarred wandering warrior had thought he had left Myst behind him. But some part of him knew even when he burned the surcoat of his Jannissairy rank he was just kidding himself. The stigma of serving in the ranks of the God Emperor would haunt him to the grave. That no one would ever forgive or forget.

And as some scantily clad female dual wielding fighter expressed her displeasure with his status Kyle wasn't the least bit surprised, only mildly disappointed in himself. Her fey prancing might have elicited concern in some but the former Janissary had lived through a thousand battles against a thousand different opponents. But instead of reacting with his skills the scarred wanderer only used his tongue.

" I know a lovely little place that would love to have a dancer that could prance like you. Of course the patrons tend to like just a wee bit less in the clothing department. " Kyle replied with a scorn filled laugh at his antagonist's question, she of the twin blades.

Further words were cut off by the intervention of an other woman. Kyle couldn't be sure but he thought he detected the scent of salt water from her. Her words though well meant only reminded him that no one would forgive or forgot.

" That limp staffed foolish little man is not my King girl." He snapped at the peace maker. " Never did I bend the knee and swear my oath to his whoreson face."

Kyle's left hand twitched, desiring the comfort of simple battle. For battle was to him as wine or the company of women was to other men. In fact for all the decades the former Janissary had lived he had only truly mastered war. Some nights staring at the night sky by his lonesome Kyle thought perhaps he had made a mistake. That he had crossed an invisible barrier, broken an unwritten law. For though it had been twenty years since he had left Myst the wanderer had found no place to call home. Or even a place that tolerated his existence.

Isolated villages would allow him to sleep in their inns and drink their ale. But only for as long as it took him to kill whatever monster or men were causing terror amongst them.

The Kingdom of Udir had even tried to behead him when he tried to make up for his past. But though he had helped them to victory his only reward was clemency from a self righteous King.

And now this, was Kyle never to be free of the ignorant thinking of those who knew nothing of Myst.

Luna had stopped mid swing glaring darkly at the soldier who insulted her technique, "Myst or not, recognize a unique skill when you see it." She sounded really angry at this point and her yellow eyes were dark. Insults had gotten dropped on her rather quickly and the blonde woman who had called Luna 'suspicious' looking had fouled her mood even further which causes her to react negatively to the woman as well. "You should watch what you say Miss. You don't consider it a little rude to call someone 'suspicious' looking? Consider what you're saying before you speak. A person can't help the way they look, and I'm quite proud of my appearance because I look exactly like my mother, who by the way mister Myst Soldier happened to be the woman I learned my style from, if you want to insult me further make another remark on my dancing. It's not something one can easily master, but I have, I doubt you could old man." That was the most she had spoken in a long time, only anger or a wish to help people could usually ever make Luna talk so much.

Luna walks over to where she had tossed her cloak and still feeling insulted by the jab at her appearance she pulled the cloak back over her body, hiding herself from these people once more. With her appearance revealed it was obvious why she wore the thick black cloak now, nobody took well to her appearance because too many people couldn't see past the strangeness of it. This was the reason she loved books as well, books didn't judge her; even if she was prone to judging people herself but with all the rumors about Myst it was kind of hard not to judge someone who was a soldier from the Empire though. Luna turns away from the group wondering if anyone else was recklessly going to say something to the Myst soldier. Luna herself had, had enough though, she didn't want to be in a foul mood since she had already agreed to travel with this group, though she was sure that no one would talk to her now. With a sigh of breath under her cloak she let the anger subside, falling into silence for the duration of time in which perhaps other people would show their displeasure with the Myst soldier among them.

Almira watched the events before her in some manner of disgust. She had to work with these people for how long? They weren't evening trying to calm themselves down, and the woman at the head of the group, whatever her name was, didn't seem to be trying to stop the fighting. They had so rapidly descended from logical planning to disarray that she had half a mind to get up and leave. She probably would regret not doing so later.

Another woman, wobbly on her feet, attempted to settle the fighting but only was spat at by the attacker. The weird looking attacker wrapped herself back up in her cloak, and the Myst soldier ... well, she couldn't really decide on him. He seemed all manners of upset and irritated but at least he hadn't started attacking. She could give him that. Idly, she wondered if his time in Myst had changed him. How would he have been different if he hadn't lived there? She knew little about the empire but this stranger, one of her new companions, probably could tell her a thing or two about the place- if he could cool his head for long enough to bother telling. She wasn't so sure that he could.

"Look, guys, can you all just shut up and get over it? He's a Myst soldier. Fine. He's not in Myst anymore. He's here. And we've all been called here by the king, so there's nothing we can do about it. I'd like to just get the show on the road so we can all go home, so I think it would be nice if we could stop swinging our swords at each other and just get going. Please." She half shouted at the group, straining to be heard over the conversation. God, it was true. She couldn't sum up any manner of caring for these people if they were going to act like this.

"G-go home?" She muttered to herself. She had not even thought of such an option, which would be the most rational. Suddenly, an ever-so audacious man had revealed himself as an ex-Myst soldier, something that immediately began to stir up a grand argument amongst the group. Some tried to allay the fight while others fed its flames.

Not a moment sooner she had scuttled off in fear back to the lobby, with a rather drowsy, large, bearded man taking her place. He found himself looking at an argument regarding people that he knew naught of, with vocabulary far above his own. With that he decided to wait it out, seeing he had no place in it. He planted his feet in a nice patch of soil and stood. It would be rather nice if he knew what went on, but it seemed a delicate matter. Angeline was nowhere to be found.

Killian was growing tired of the arguments between the soldier and the two females, it made little sense to him what it mattered that he had been Myst. He was here now and if the King wanted him dead, he would be dead. When the other girl spoke, well shouted to get all of their attention, he hissed a bit in amusment. She had a point, plus the argument was annoying him. "We have more pressing things to deal with then all of our feelings right now. There's a way to end this war, or atleast help it get to the end, and I'm not just going to sit on my scales all day waiting for them to shed before we get some idea on what we are doing." he hissed at the group, his pupils in his eyes narrowing to slits.

---To be re-written---

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.