Falcon's next haircut . . . Someone help me choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
Hello all. I'm trying to decide on my next haircut and I need ideas for what to do, so I decided to come to you all for help ^_^

Here's the deal.
Every few years I cut all of my hair off and donate it to locks of love. My hair is long enough now that I could get rid of up to 16 inches. (For Locks of Love I have to donate at least 10)

Since it's been a long time since I've had short hair I don't have any ideas of what to do so I thought I'd see what haircuts other people would recommend. I also thought that with Iwaku being the great and fun community it is, we should just have some fun with it ^^

So does anyone have any ideas they want to toss my way?
Please post pictures! =D

Only rules are No dye, I prefer to look feminine, and it can't be out of place in a office work environment.

How about this look?

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
I like those!
I don't think i can pull off a pixie cut though :( Wish I could, but I think my hair's too thin for it to look good.

Also, Mini's picture doesn't show up for me any more ;_:

Anyone else have ideas for me?
the more I get the more i figure out what I like! 8D

Darn I was gonna say pixie cut. My friend gets a pixie cut and she looks adorable with it. You're already adorable and I was just trying to get that adorableness up to the next level.

Actually, pixie cuts are pretty great for peeps with fine hair, in fact they're usually the best kind, because it actually helps to create an illusion of fullness.

It's hard to determine the exact texture of your hair without touching it, but from what I can see your hair is fine in texture, but you've got a fair amount of it to give you some good density. The best way to break that down is to imagine your hair as a forest. Each individual tree is pretty skinny, but they grow close together, so dense forest of skinny trees. :P

So if you DID decide to go for the pixie, I think it would look pretty rad, especially with your light hair color. Growing it back would put you through about 4 months of awkward stage, though. But even then, there's still ways you can style it. I'm growing out my pixie for the millionth time, and though I love it, it can be frustrating to watch that shit grow .5 inches a month. And if it weren't so cold where I live now, I would keep it, because that shit only takes 5 minutes to dry and style.

If you're not feeling the pixie, then a long bob with just a slight bit of texture added with a razor would be pretty. Those short straight across bangs can be fun for playing it up, though unless you're down for regular bang trims, I would recommend keeping fringe at least cheekbone length so you have the option of pinning them back/braiding them back/doing that swoopy thing with them.

Another good rule of thumb: keep lengths an inch above things like shoulders and glasses so that the hair doesn't floop out at a weird angle. [/technical term]

/cosmotologistdump

• Love
Reactions: Minibit and Falcon
Thanks For the advice @Tegan! ^^

I've got spiderweb fine hair so i'm afraid it won't look like I have any if i go short short. Don't know much about haircuts . . .

Anyway, what do you all think of one of these?
I ran a google search for bob haircuts and these are some of the ones it pulled up.

top-20-short-blonde-haircuts-3.jpg
Short-Blonde-Graduated-Bob-Hairstyle.jpg
ekka.jpg
frank_provost_layered_bob_blonde.jpg
[/spioler]

I like the two in the middle best, but they're both cuts you'd have to style every morning.

I agree that a pixie cut would look great on you! The do look best with fine/thin hair, and you've got a fair amount of it! You can always let it grow out again :3

Re-paste!

Reactions: - Falcon -
And it's cut!
The donated tail is 14 inches

All in all I'm very happy with it.
Thanks for all the help and advice guys ^^

Edit: Photos removed

• Love
Reactions: Tegan and Diana
Ooooh, that's a great cut!

• Thank You
I really like it ^^
My shampoo usage has been cut to a quarter and I don't have to braid it to sleep anymore 8D !

Welcome to the delightful, lazy world of short hair. And the 'attempted' curling is just enough to be a great style. Short hair, a little goes a long way.

AndOhGodThatCutIsPerfect

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.