FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
Genres
Fantasy ,sci-fi, games (minecraft, pokemon, legend of zelda etc) and super heroes
Hello! So, lately I have been reading the Fablehaven books (almost done with book 1) and so far I'm loving it. And I got an idea. If you haven't read the books thats fine, I haven't completed it yet either. So here's the idea:

Camp Mystik is a newly founded summer camp for children ages 8-16 near Ontario in Canada. The land was originally owned by a wealthy, adventurous family who was fascinated by nature. The territory ios immense, commonly said to be more then 1000km². The newest owner in the family is James Forducher. He loved being with kids and found that the vast land had no use to just be left alone so, with the riches he inherited he transformed into a private summer camp for children 8 to 16 years old. Well, thats what everyone says. But there's more to the camp then people think. The land was once a reserve for mystical creatures: Elves, satyrs, gnomes, fairies, you name it! It was founded in 1713 to preserve the magical creatures on the planet since man soon dominated, leaving the other creatures no place to go. There are many, many other reserves like this across the world: Australia, Germany, China, Mexico, etc. The now owner decided to use his family's riches to turn this into a camp since he could not have children of his own and needed to find possible candidates to take over the reserve when he passes. The creatures are hidden under a magic spell protecting the campmaking the creatures seemingly invisbile to the kids but there is a way to see them. It is also rumoured that some moniters are actually mystical creatures volunteering to help with the children's safety. Oh and, whatever you do, don't venture to far in the forest.

Anyways that was my idea. Anyone interested?

It's been quite a few years since I've last read Fableheaven, but from what I remember, they were such good books. Definitely interested!

Reactions: Infinatis
Cool. Yeah. I remember reading them a (very) long time ago and picked the first one up at my library. This is just basically taking the magical reserve idea and revamping it into a summer camp.

Reactions: Phaesaris
So kids up to 8-16 are sharing camps with monsters, elves, gnomes and ogres and faires . . . . I'm down.

Well, they're safe aslong as they don't go to deep in the forest without a moniter. But there will be the disobediant ones.

*Raises hand* Yeah I'm in....... and I'll be the first to bolt headfirst into the places we are told we aren't allowed to go to.... I love playing kids who don't like rules...

Yeah. THE RULES DON'T DEFINE ME! Kind of kid. And the moniters are all mystical creatures. I'll be the High Elf that falls in love with one of the older girls there. Or the Ex-Naiad.

Reactions: The Music Man
Man, I read the first Fablehaven book a while ago, and I loved it, but I never got the chance to read the others. I'd love to be a part of this!

I'll probably either play a super adventurous character who would go too far into the woods in a heartbeat just for the giggles or a character who'll just be totally nonchalant about the rules, but not super rebellious, so he'll go in the forest if others are. We'll have to see. :D

AWESOME! I read the books a while ago and picked up the first one a few days ago.

AWESOME! I read the books a while ago and picked up the first one a few days ago.

I read the first one. Barely remember many details, but I do remember the plot. I'm in. Loved that book.

Yup, Im busy reading the 2nd right now.

Reactions: KeatonWorshipper
Cool, I'm rereading the first now. Although, my mind may be fabricating memories of me loving this book so I won't be tempted to actually do my reading homework. Either way, I think I'll enjoy it.

Hey, can I get into this? I read until the third book. If anything, my character wouldn't enter the woods unless they had to protect someone by going in.

Yeah. Im in the middle of the third book aswell. Ive also read up on the wiki

I think we should be enough. Ill start the signup/ooc thread

Status
Not open for further replies.