ADDITIONAL INFO OUT OF CHARACTER Experimented Chaos ~ Lore & Chat

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3

DarkMoon

Edgepeasant
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Slice Of Life, Paranormal
New Earth.png
They are located in the grasslands, with plenty of wind turbines standing nearby to provide not only electricity but water as well. The solar panels were mainly used for the heating and cooling system throughout the lab, however, they took the worst beating. So the heating and cooling system doesn't work properly. Meaning cold showers for the time being. When some of the panels were damaged the system switched to emergency mode, focusing the power onto the pods in which our characters slept. This is also partly why they are waking up now as well. With the glitches in the heating and cooling system, a few things have been fried and it is forcing our characters to wake up faster than intended which may lead to a few complications.

Lab Layout
experimented chaos Lab layout.png

Pods Room
You'll notice the pods are connected to three pillars, which run up into the ceiling and are the greatest section where electricity flows. However, once everyone is out of the pods that power can be diverted to a new section within the lab as there is a panel on the wall by the door with switches labeled with each room. The storage bin are marked with your names and each holds a bag you were allowed to pack yourself with a few items you thought would be useful. This can range from books, clothes, weapons, games, seasonings, or even drawing materials. The section with your name can only be unlocked by you with your fingerprint. So no one can try and steal your things.

Survival Storage Unit
The room right next to the pod room is very important. It holds books about plants, animals, medicine, cooking, and building. These are stored just to make sure if something had gone wrong with our characters' memories while in their cryosleep, they'd still have something to learn from. There are a decent amount of weapons, ranging from throw knives, swords, bows, daggers, and even a few guns(they are only simple pistols). However, there is a very limited supply of ammo and you have to make sure that ammo remained good. There is also an array of clothes tailored to each person in the lab, one set for any possible climate they may end up facing. There are also a few tents, and sleeping bags for when you travel outside the lab, trekking across the new lands.

Shower Room
You will have to take turns as there are only 12 showers in total. The front and back of the shower room are spots for you to get dressed and the cabinets hold bars of soap, but those too are limited. So you'll want to look for other sources of possible soap substances. The showers are closed off, so you do have privacy when showering.

Kitchen
If you noticed on the map and in this layout, a section of the Lab is damaged, and of course, it would be the kitchen section. The rubble fell in a way that has kept creatures out of the lab, but it still has destroyed the fridges and freezers that were set up, along with almost all the stoves. The only things that survived in the kitchen were the cooking utensils, a large cupboard of none perishable foods made specifically for lasting for thousands of years, and one single stove that doesn't want to work right thanks to the problem with the heating and cooling system.

Medical Room
Though small everything is neatly packed in the room. There is a decent supply of painkillers, wraps, bandaids, some topical creams, and even a few specially-made healing wraps that will heal wounds quickly. However, there are only 6 of these special wraps as they didn't have time to make more. There is a surgical table in the center of the room, with all the tools necessary to perform surgery if needed.

Sleeping Quarters
You will all share the big room to sleep in, the beds are simple and all the same size, twinXL(38in wide, 80in long). You will also have a simple nightstand next to your bed to store your things in. Your bed has drawers underneath as well to make sure your areas are nice and tidy.

Last edited:
There are countless amounts of creatures and plants that are useful and harmful. Some have stayed normal looking besides their sizes increasing, while others have mutated. These mutations could be heavy or light, below you can find a small list of the harmful things and some of the helpful things. These are here for you to use as you wish, but you don't have to. You can even toss in your own plants and creatures, just be sure to give a decent explanation of what they look like and what they do. If you like I can even add it to the list below so others can come back to refer to it there.

Evil Animal Lore

Pracil(Bad).jpg
These are shrimp-like creatures that can grow to be 10 feet long. They are also found in almost all bodies of water. The only place you likely won't find them is in small ponds. They will eat you, but thankfully they are usually alone. They get so big that having others of their kind turns into territorial battles. Their bodies are tough to break through, but if you can kill one they taste amazing if you like shrimp.

Taljic(Bad).jpg
These large black birds blend in the shadows and they have long sharp beaks that can stab through bones if given the the chance. They are also able to mimic just about any sound they have heard before, you can only tell the difference if you listen closely.

Badet(Bad).png
This cute fuzzy animal lives within tall colorful wheat-like grassy fields but that cute face is hiding gnarly sharp fangs. They are aggressive and sometimes don't even kill their prey, eating it alive. Their tails are heavy and strong, if you get stuck by its tail you will likely end up with a fractured or broken bone.

Kilman(Bad.jpg
They are chameleon-like creatures that blend into trees. They get to be about a foot long and their tongues are even longer and super sticky, paralyzing their prey so they can devour it with their knife-like teeth.

Chima(Bad).png
These pretty-looking feline-like creatures are great hunters and only eat fresh meat. Not only are they super fast, but their leafy-like fur helps them blend into forest settings. If that wasn't bad enough they have long snake-like headed tails that hold a venom that may not be super potent, but it's enough to slow you down and make you fall prey to a Chima's teeth and claws.

All images are not owned by me, simply faceclaims

Last edited:
Evil Plant Lore

Xera(Bad).png
This aloe vera-looking plant is a trap, instead of it holding a cooling liquid it holds a liquid that eats through everything. If it's not washed off something quickly it will burn through it. Thankfully water is very effective at dispelling the burning effect and cleans off easily.

Ferah(Bad).png
This is a 'walking' carnivorous tree. It lures its victims in with bright ripe yellow fruit that will slowly kill its prey, by paralyzing them after the first bite of the fruit. Its roots then wrap around the victim, slowly dragging them under the base of the tree to an acidy-like mouth. It will drain sources of water and once it's out of water and food it will move to a new location.

Dew of Death(Bad).png
These fly trap-like plants can get to be about 3 feet tall and they grow in thick patches. They fill the air with a purple watery dew and if you inhale or touch it, your skin begins to be eaten. So you can imagine what it would be like to inhale it. It also holds a paralyzing effect on top of that so if you can't get away fast enough you have a very slow and painful death of being eaten/burned alive.

Last edited:
Good Animal Lore

Equinis(Good).png
This is the closest thing to a normal horse you'll likely find. Most will likely call them a unicorn. They are large horse-like creatures that are very friendly and sturdy. Their hooves will crush your bones to nothing and they will use their horn to kill threats, so don't make yourself a threat. The tallest they get is 20 hands tall.

Larga(Good).png
This is another type of horse-like creature, but is shorter only ever reaching 15 hands tall. They have tough almost scaly-like skin topped with a fine layer of soft hair that makes it hard to injure them. Their mouths are also full of sharp teeth, as they are carnivorous but still friendly enough to be tamed.

Tigfly(Good).png
This creature is adorable and colorful. They are only the size of a normal house cat and they don't eat meat. Eating flowers, plants, and fruits. Most of what they eat will be safe for you to eat. But remember not all of them will be safe.

Reblit(Good).png
This is a colorful rabbit-like creature that has a lot of meat on its bones. It's perfect for easy hunting and tastes just as amazing. The largest they get is about 2 feet tall, the bigger the more meat they have.

Wolvine(Good).jpg
These beautiful wolf-like creatures are what remains of the friendly canines of the old world. Their bodies are colorful and sometimes even glowy depending on what they look like. They make for very helpful hunting companions and can even camouflage you and themselves into the surrounding environment. They tend to travel in groups of 3 or larger.

Last edited:
Good Plant Lore

Suva(Good).png
These thick fields with the odd colored almost wheat-like stuff are good. It has different stages, green, orange, and red. When green it makes for a good painkiller, with a slightly tart taste. When orange, it can still help with pain, but it's not as effective as green, it grows a bit sweeter though. The red doesn't have any pain-killing effect, but it is sweet like sugar, retaining a calming effect.

Janam(Good).png
This tree has a very fleshy fruit that tastes similar to grapefruit and pomegranate. It is super healthy and ranges from semi-sweet to sweet. The big pink leaves of the tree can also be torn into strips and used as a bandage of sorts, the texture is like a soft leathery feel.

Lumin(Good).jpg
This tree has amber-like orbs that glow. You can chip away pieces of the amber-like substance and use it as a light source. It works similar to a solar panel, storing light from the sun, but its glow will last for a week before needing to recharge.

Dulva(Good).png
They be eaten once dried out, but also be used as a source of water. And they retain their water until drained by the force of something squeezing it out. Though they do taste rather bland, you at least won't starve if you can't find any other source of food.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomic65
@Rads @CauldronBoilMe @Atomic65 @NyxieRina I have starting posts ready to go! XD I'm super excited. I want to wait just a bit more to see if more people join or not. If no one else joins then I'll probably remove the character limit. I only set it since there are limited roles even if that amount is 34. We've got an awesome little group going so far and I can't wait to write with all of you!

Oh what about my chars market, etc.?

I don't think it'd be suited since very few things from the old world have made it to the present. The only things that have likely made it are statues of sorts and building made with very thick walls or with the same material the lab was created with. Which was a special mix of the strongest metal and rock they could find mixed with other strengthening materials.

If we were to include his market, it might have made it if it'd been built underground, though some of it probably took damage. He wouldn't really be able to run it like a market anymore though since all supplies are valuable and would need to be shared.

I don't think it'd be suited since very few things from the old world have made it to the present. The only things that have likely made it are statues of sorts and building made with very thick walls or with the same material the lab was created with. Which was a special mix of the strongest metal and rock they could find mixed with other strengthening materials.

If we were to include his market, it might have made it if it'd been built underground, though some of it probably took damage. He wouldn't really be able to run it like a market anymore though since all supplies are valuable and would need to be shared.
hmm well, he could start to fix up the market underground. As for supplies it would be like rare herbs etc he cultivated. I was also had four dogs in the last rp but never got round to putting the other two into full play.

hmm well, he could start to fix up the market underground. As for supplies it would be like rare herbs etc he cultivated. I was also had four dogs in the last rp but never got round to putting the other two into full play.
I'll send you a message when I'm done cleaning the yard and bushes up around my house and we can chat out details that could make this work. As the RP progresses I can see the group splitting up into possible smaller ones and some even branching off as loners. I had an idea of how he'd be able to locate his market as well. Since the world has changed so much.

Reactions: Rads