Evergladia

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fine. Let them torture me Lilith. I will suffer if it means proving my people innocent," Kaim said to her as his eyes lit up with determination, "I would gladly endure all the pain and even die if it meant my people would be safe."

He knelt down onto the ground and moved around some leaves and such. There was a long bow and a quiver stuffed full of arrows. Kaim contemplated whether or not he should bring it or rather let Lilith bring it. Perhaps it would be suspicious is the Prince of Sorellias came to the hands of the enemy so willingly. He let out a soft cry in frustration. Why did things have to get so complicated so quickly? His planet was in danger and there didn't seem to be a whole lot that he could do except suffer.

"Okay, we need a plan then. What happens if they don't believe me and they decide that they want to destroy the planet anyway? I don't know what I'd do! I wouldn't want you to get hurt if you decided to betray them," Kaim said softly.

Finally he decided that he would leave his bow. If anyone found it, they would know what to do. He hoped that if Lilith did come back for it, she would use it as a way to gain his people's trust. Hopefully she would explain what he sacrificed for the safety of his people. Kaim looked at Lilith expectantly. He couldn't bring himself to tell her what she needed to, like make the call for example. He was still trying to comprehend what he was about to do. He was about to risk his life and hand himself over to an enemy that might not even listen to what he had to say. Furthermore, it was likely that he would endure torture he would probably never be able to recover from. All of which was enough to make him regret his choice, but this world and the people on it were so much bigger than him.

"I believe in my people and I believe in my ancestors. I will be okay Lilith..." Kaim said more so trying to believe it himself.

She shook her head, her grip tight on his arm "I won't let it come to that. They might try, but I won't let them hurt you." Lilith let him go as he moved to kneel on the ground, rifling through a bunch of leaves until he pulled out a beautifully carved bow and q quiver full of arrows. She watched a range of thoughts and emotions flicker across his face before When he placed the bow back on top of the leaves, she knelt beside him and took the bow and quiver, slipping the quiver over her shoulder and holding the bow in her hand as she stood. She offered him her hand and helped him stand. "Well take the bow with us. If we need to escape, you might need it, and they'll just think it's something I've confiscated off of you." she shook her head and smiled softly "Don't worry about me getting hurt. As a soldier it's a possibility we are always prepared for." her voice dropped in pitch, her smile slowly fading "Besides, I've done a lot of things that I'm not proud of. If I'm hurt or die protecting you and your people, which is the right thing to do, it's the least I can do."

She didn't give him the change to reply before she turned her back to him, wiping her eyes with the arm she raised to slip the com-link into her ear. Once it was in place, she turned and lifted a finger to her lips to let him know to be quiet as she pressed a button on the ear piece. "Scout 1 calling Ranger 1 and Ranger 2, do you copy?" there was a bit of static and a couple seconds went by before she got a reply.

"Ranger 1 here, what's your situations Scout 1?"

Lilith sighed softly at having gotten such a quick reply. "Checking on the status of your mission Ranger 1. Have you or Ranger 2 been able to apprehend any of the locals yet?"

More static. "Negative Scout 1, we're closing in on a sparsely populated village now. We're trying to figure out the best possible way of taking a few of them without alerting the others, but they seem to be a rather close knit people"

Lilith couldn't contain her smile at hearing that neither Flemming or Lelory had managed to capture any of the Evergladian people. "Roger that. You and Ranger 2 can stand down. I captured a native worth more than anyone you'd find in the village. Pack it up and head back to base. I'll meet you there."

"What the fuck Vel! Capturing natives for interrogation was our objection, not yours." Lelory's voice filled her ear and she winched slightly.

"Calm down Lelory, I'm not trying to steal your thunder or kiss ass no matter what you might think. I happened to come upon a prime candidate for interrogation while I was scouting the closet city and knew he was too valuable to not capture. Don't get your panties twisted out of shape just because I was able to do my job and your job before you could do it. We don't need you to bring anyone else in, and as the higher ranked officer out in the field I'm telling you to stand down and head back to base." her voice was hard and cold, the voice she usually used when around the other soldiers.

"Copy that Scout 1. Keep your trap shut Ranger 2 and follow the orders you've been given. We'll see you back at base. Ranger 1 out."

"Roger that, Scout 1 out." She lifted her hand to press the button, turning her part of the link off and signed heavily. She turned blue eyes Kaim and offered him a small smile. "They hadn't captured anyone yet so for now, your people are safe. " She knelt down to reach into her pack and pulled out a pair of restraints. "We should probably get these on your now. I don't want Flemming or Lelory to see you without them and start questioning things and I have no idea where they'll be coming from." she took a couple steps closer to him and gently placed each cuff around his wrists and slipping the handle of the lead over her hand. "I'll do everything in my power to make sure you get safely back to your people and they're safe from mine."

Kaim didn't understand much of what Lilith had said to her allies. They didn't sound nearly as kind as Lilith did. Suddenly he was very terrified of what would happen to him. It probably wasn't going to be very pleasant. He saw the cuffs and he was about to ask if those were really necessary, but he supposed that they would be if he was going to hand himself over to the enemy. Kaim sighed. He was just happy that his people were safe and that no one had been captured. He wondered where Lilith's allies had been or where they were in general. He hoped they weren't too close to the city. That could be catastrophic. Furthermore, he was sure they would not be as easily swayed as Lilith had been. He had to try to convince them of his people's innocence no matter what.

"If they are going to torture me Lilith, let them. They will get no information out of me because I have no information to give. My people are innocent and I will do whatever it takes to make it seem that way," Kaim said trying to reassure her.

He followed Lilith to where her allies were. He didn't dare say a word seeing as his Aristian was terrible.

((OOC: Sorry didn't have much to post. Will write more when he is actually in captivity.))

She shook her head at his reply, but didn't say anything. In the very short time that they had known each other, Kaim had been able to break through all the well placed shields and barriers that Lilith has erected over the years to keep people out. He and his planet and wormed their way into the cracks of those walls and blown them apart. She cared for him, and because of him, his people meant something to her, and when something or someone meant something to Lilith she did everything in her power to protect it. That's why she'd joined the military in the first place, to protect the only home she had ever know, ever loved. She walked in front of Kaim 'pulling' him along behind her, mostly so if the others saw them they wouldn't suspect anything but also because she couldn't bare to see the look she knew must be on his face. She had hurt him by not telling him the whole truth from the beginning, but there was no way she could have known that she would feel this way about him or his world so she had no reason to tell him anything, and honestly she had been so overwhelmed by him and the things he had showed her that she had completely forgot why she was there at times.

After about an hour of walking the temporary base came into view, though if you didn't know what you were looking for you might not see it. It was camouflaged to blend into the rocks of the mountain it had landed on and relatively small by Aristian standards, though she wondered how large or small it looked to Kaim. It was about 180 feet long and about 80 feet wide. It had enough bunks to sleep the 20 person team two to a room, though the rooms were basically all bed, a communal bathroom area, a large room that doubled as both a cafeteria and a briefing room, med bay, vehicle hanger, a brig and an office for the bases CO. Lilith lead Kaim up towards the vehicle hanger, where she was met by her commanding officer.

"Flemming called and let me know what was going on so I thought I would come down and wait for you to get here. Because you're one of my best soldiers, I'm going to over look you calling rank on Flemming and Lelory and telling them to stand down, but you better have a good reason for it Vel."

She stood up straight and saluted "Sir, I thought it best to call off Flemming and Lelory to minimize the chance of our presence being detected. I already had a prisoner and I didn't think it was necessary that they bring in people as well, given who that prisoner was."

"And just who is this prisoner?"

She stepped aside so that her CO could see Kaim, though she didn't pull him closer. "The prince of Sorellias."

((OOC: No problem hun! Sometimes there just isn't a whole lot to be said. That being said, I don't mind if you want to god-mode with the CO or anyone else at the base, though obviously if you do stuff with Lelory, he's going to be a dick about most things where Lilith is concerned. I figure he doesn't like her because she's female, does his job better then him and probably turned him down at some point so he's bitter))

Reactions: Sans
The CO, looked over at the Evergladian Prince. The prince of Sorellias was indeed a fine prisoner of war, but it wasn't like he would admit that to Lilith over here. It was bad enough he was going to have to deal with Lelory's constant whining about how Lilith was doing his job for him. However, the fact remained that Lilith had indeed found the perfect prisoner of war and at some point it would have to be acknowledged.

"Well done then Vel. You can leave him to me," the CO said shooing Lilith away.

Now was time to start the interrogation process. That was his favorite part of course. He grabbed Kaim by the arm and sat him down in the chair in front of his desk. He didn't actually care whether or not Lilith stayed. Perhaps she would be happy to see the race that slaughtered her family endure some torture of their own. He stared coldly at Kaim before wondering if the Evergladian male spoke Aristian. He assumed that answer was a no since the prince hadn't said a word since he had arrived here in his office. Well then, it was a good thing the CO knew Evergladian. He would be getting answers even if he had to use brute force alone.

"Why did you attack Arista?" The CO asked Kaim in Evergladian.

"Evergladia didn't attack Arista," Kaim answered back.

Kaim was going to make sure that his answer never changed. It didn't look like this person believed him at all, but he had to clear his people's name. There wasn't any other way he could do it. Evergladia was not the planet that attacked Arista. That much he knew and he had a good idea as to who did, but he would never be able to voice his idea when all the guns were aimed at him.

"Do NOT lie to me! Why did you attack Arista!" the CO was already yelling. He didn't much approve of liars and he was positive that this Evergladian knew exactly why Arista had been attacked.

"We didn't. How would a planet without technology attack Arista? It makes no sense," Kaim said tiredly.

That much sounded logical, but who was to say the Evergladians didn't have help. The C'O was tall, but Kaim stood about a good foot taller. He grabbed the Evergladian prince by the hair and pulled the boy so close that their faces were only inches apat.

"Then who helped you?" the CO asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.