Event #1: A New Year's Fête

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percival Egerton

Needless to say, Percy is more than happy he does not have to hear about his brother's dalliances while in the military. How they found the time for it? Percival had very limited knowledge of it as he was much too young to engage in the act during his time standing by fellow soldiers. Also, the only thing on his mind was winning back Ireland's rights and independence against English scum. How the times have changed them drastically.

He shakes his head at his brother and answers in earnest. "Oddly enough, I can believe it. I have yet o have the displeasure myself but I know a few sons who have had their hearts broken in pursuit of a man who very obviously wants nothing of what they hoped for. I hope you have made yourself more honorable companions while in the military as difficult as that may be given they're English." he mumbled the last bit under his breath.

In response to Benedict, he could only hum. It was disappointing indeed as he thought the man might be ..."That still doesn't mean you can't ask him to dance." Of course, he might reject him, but at least it would start a conversation. The man looked so out of his element Percy felt bad to leave him by himself. Where was the one who had invited him?

He was drawn out of his thoughts and back to Reuben and his little obnoxious inquiries. "I am not interested." He answered firmly so he would understand it was not a joke. "And I have known that for quite some time now. But I do wish for you, Harriet, and Lexie to found a spouse you may be happy with. Something similar to what mother and father had." The love, the dedication, the respect. He needed another drink.

@wren.

• Spicy
Reactions: wren.
Status
Not open for further replies.