ESE

Koero looked strangely at Nimfa as her friends scowled at her and muttered a "I'll let that one slide." What one? What had Koero done? Or rather said to make Nifma upset. Koero looked at her friend worried before turning to the other. She stayed rather quiet as the others talked and chatted about this and that. Kimi it seems was the most talkative and cheery of the group, a quality that was rather a welcomed one amongst all the rather timid and stand-pffish personalities that seemed to form their little group. Koero looked up as Nimfa stood up and spoke. She spoke like a leader would and for some reason that really bothered Koero. Who had died and made her leader? Certainly not the little dream intruder who had brought them all here in the first place. But still Nimfa was her friend and Koero decided to stay quiet and listen to her as she paced around in circles. When Nimfa suggested making a map before darkness she nodded. "I have a pretty good memory, I remember where we found the fish and berries this morning. I'll sketch out that path." She offered meekly. Her gaze only reaching Nifma before her eyes darted down to her unfinished fish. When Kimi started talking of the others who must live in ESE as well Koero spoke up again. "I totally agree with Kimi, we can't be the only ones here and it would probably be a good thing if we found them and lean red more about this great darkness we are facing." She said. This day seems to be dragging on and on and Koero was tried of constantly being in the same place and hardly doing anything. It felt like she was wasting a great opuntnity. Besides.. It could be that she never would see ESE again, so why waste the chance to explore it. The small pink haired girl got up and brushed herself off. "We shouldn't waste anymore time, whatever we plan to do we should get to it. Who knows how long it is before night falls"

After verifying that the bird had left the hall, Bantay had to search. He retraced his steps- all three in and our- and decidedly did not see the bag of bunny that he had dropped. Dropped it! Just like that, left it, without a second thought! It was nearly unthinkable- back home, on Earth, Neil hardly ever did that sort of careless stuff. College wasn't cheap, after all, so if he could get any sort of an academic scholarship, he needed to hand in work. Not to mention that, lovable as they were, his eight year old siblings were prone to losing things. So Neil learned how to pay attention and not do things like this.

But on ESE, things were just... Different. He wasn't quite himself; he didn't look like him, he had a different name... He didn't even totally feel like himself. Here, he held a sword naturally. On Earth? He'd have better luck with a baseball bat. Bantay sighed and stopped his search, shut his eyes, and shook his head. Bantay was a bit more scatterbrained. Bantay lost a bag full of rabbits. Or whatever those creatures were. "Not like we have a pen or anything to store them in," he muttered to himself, opening his eyes. They were just as good roaming this giant building as they were being carried around by him all day.

He almost owed it to Kimi to not return empty handed, though. He'd already messed up by choosing the cute ones- the recent memory pulled the corner of Bantay's mouth into a grin- and the obligation poked and prodded at him until he started moving again. The main hall, after a through inspection, held no sign of the furry critters. But open doors did lead to a room full of beds, which Bantay walked around, then crawled around. He checked under the beds, as well. It was, of course, under the last one that he found it. A pile of cloth, pressed against the wall, occasionally trying to hop closer only to find that two things can not, in reality or otherwise, share the same space.

"Gotcha." The swordsman grinned again, and stuck his arm under the bed. It took some groping, but finally he managed to snag a corner of the makeshift sack- it was incredible that the knot hadn't fallen apart yet- and pulled it back towards himself. Once it was no longer under the bed, Bantay hopped up, and picked it up by the loosening knot. The animals had gone still, likely petrified by the sudden force. Bantay rested the bag on the bed and tightened the knot, then pulled under it to make sure there was a hole for the animals to get fresh air.

Satisfied, the swordsman picked up the package, and returned to the hall, and back outside. He could see most of the group still huddled by the fireplace, and Tiwala making her way to the building. He recalled his earlier desire to apologize for his behavior but, seeing her now, he had no desire to act upon it. 'I have to bring these guys back to Kimi, and... She's probably tired, or something, still, after this morning,' he justified. Even in his thoughts, he could hear a bitter twang to that last part. But now, clearly, wasn't the time to do so, so he didn't. So instead, Bantay walked to the fireplace, ready to hold the bag up and point it out should Kimi look his way.

Ako considered the various possible ramifications of simply attempting to escape into the wilderness once more. If nothing else it would likely be rude, though his "guildmates" likely already had a less than stellar opinion of him. That was not his problem however, he just wanted to be away from the bossy chick. Ako watched Nimfa pace with a slight sneer on his face. Why was it the ones who appointed themselves in positions of authority tended to be most prone to misuse of it? Who is to say the maps even worked liked that? Ako tossed the remains of his fish away from the camp. As much as he wanted another one it was not worth drawing attention to himself so the Blue-haired girl could make an example of him. Let them work things out amongst themselves, he could do things his way and everything would be peachy. Actually he should probably get back to checking out his specimens, now that his more pressing need had been attended to.

Ako looked back towards the guildhouse and seeing Bantay returning and Tiwala entering he paused to reconsider his choice. He may not like his prospects out here but there was a pretty big chance they wouldn't involve him springing a leak. Although wouldn't an archer be at an inherent disadvantage against someone who manipulated wind? Probably not unless he had more range, better reflexes ,and more control over his interesting new abilities. Which means his odds were still looking better staying out here. With the weird people. Maybe if he only got hit in the leg or something it wouldn't be too bad, her archery had to be a low level too right? Ako shifted uncomfortably.

"...who knows how long it is until night falls."

Kimi tilted her head. Koero brought up a rather interesting point... even if she hadn't meant it that way. In all their excitement this morning to figure out how to tell time, nobody in the group had really thought it necessary to determine how much time they had. Just how did time pass here on ESE? Quickly? Slowly? The same as on Earth? Were they talking 24 hour days or 10 hour days or 60 hour days?

"Dreams always take less time," the minstrel murmured to herself. How long had it felt this morning when she and Bantay went wandering down the mountain? A couple hours, three at most, and here it was already after noon. Kimi's hand hovered over her eyes and she peered up at the sun, careful not to look directly at it just in case. It had distinctly moved on from High Noon since they had gathered around to eat, nearing the tops of the trees in the distance.

"The sun seems to be moving pretty quick here. I'd venture to say we have maybe half again as long until it sets. Maybe we should break up into two teams this time instead of pairs? Or stick together? Just in case... Just in case we get caught in the dark. I know I don't want to find out what a darkness beast is by myself."

'...especially when I already wasted my good skill on catching Mr. Hopper and his buddies,' she mentally added with an outward shudder. Was there time for another doze in the shade to catch up on energy? Or maybe she could follow Tiwala for a nap? But no, Kimi had really stuck her foot in it there. However, her quick glance in the direction of the retreating hunter told her Bantay had made it back. And in his hand was a matching frolicking petticoat with their adorable petting-zoo-turned-possible-supper.

Kimi beamed at him.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: upscalerat