ESC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I hope this song wins:

If another stupid pop song wins, I'll loose my faith in Sweden. STOP SENDING POP SONGS TO EUROVISION! EVERYONE SENDS POPSONGS TO EUROVISION D: IT WON'T STAND OUT IN ANY WAY.

Results are in

-Not happy-

DAMN YOU!!!

It is nearing again? o-o

I only watched last year's Eurovision song festival, because of the huge do they made about the winner last year. I just had to see it. Otherwise I'm not much interested, seeing as my country has been sending out entries involving a street organ, and what more that belongs to the circus or the fair.

No offense to them, but after that street organ I can't take the Eurovisions seriously anymore. I liked last year's entry though, so maybe I will consider following this year again if there are any interesting entries.

Bonus points for these who know what country I'm talking about.

To celebrate 60 years of ESC, there was a grand gala at the Apollo Hammersmith theater in London, with some of the most memorable performances ever in Eurovision history making a return. Here's a link to the whole show. It's about 1 1/2 hours long, but I hope someone will watch it and find it enjoyable. If the link doesn't work for you but you still want to watch it, I guess you could google it?

Obligatory reminder that LORDI won one of these.

The fun part for me is the fact that alot of the voting reflects local politics.

Obligatory reminder that LORDI won one of these.

The fun part for me is the fact that alot of the voting reflects local politics.
I lurv Lordi. As a kid I used to rock out to that song all the time. I've always wondered what real metalheads think of that song, though O.O

Lordi is fairly well respected by most I know. Their deal is catchy as fuck, gimmicky monster metal. If there was one metal band who can fit the showy, sing along format of ESC it was Lordi. And they killed it.

Lordi appears at around the 50 minute mark in the video, for those of your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.