Episkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kain nodded in agreement to whether or not he'd need anything. He probably wouldn't, though. Instead he reached into one of the bags floating gently between his feet and pulled out a book. He started to read it as Calliope worked, and promptly closed and put it away once she said she was done. Standing and stretching, hearing his back pop, he picked up his bags and then grinned at the red head. "I did say it was in a dodgy part of town, right?" he asked, making sure. He didn't want to lead her down that way and her getting too scared or something to follow him. He was rather excited for her though, getting her nose pierced AND going on a trip. Maybe he'd be in The Leaky Cauldron again some time in a few months to find her a completely changed person and she could tell him all about it.

Calliope grinned back. "You did," she nodded. "But I take it I'm safe with you." She took her bag from behind the bar and swung it over her shoulder. She was all ready to go, excitement filling her up whole. She wasn't really scared to enter the dodgy part of town, maybe because she didn't know what to expect. After all, she had never been there before. But she had Kain with her, things couldn't go all too wrong, right?
"One sec," she said. Quickly, she opened the kitchen door and stuck her head through. "Bye, Alathea! Tell Tom to send me an owl, if he wants to know anything, okay?" As always, Calliope just got some mumbling back. She had a weakness for Alathea, since the cook always got bullied. With Calliope gone, it was time for Alathea to stand up for herself.

"Okay, now I'm ready to go." With a determined nod Calliope opened the door to let out Kain first.

Kain smiled at Calliope. "You are." He answered as to whether she was safe or not. She probably was, anyway. Mostly you just had to act confident and most people would leave you alone. He waited as Calliope said goodbye to someone and then started off through Diagon Alley with her. He took his time, enjoying the nice day out even if the street was busy with witches and wizards running this way and that. "So what part of your nose do you want pierced?" Kain asked, glancing at it and studying it for a moment.

Calliope thought for a minute, then shrugged. "I'm not sure yet, to be honest. Just one in my right nostril is nice, but I really like septums as well. Think I'll go for the latter." She smiled. "Man I've seen some gorgeous piercings. Tattoos as well." Maybe after her trip she would come back for that. She looked around as they entered the darker part of town. Never had she been here before, but she wasn't scared. On the contrary, she was curious. The whole thing had a certain atmosphere that somehow, she liked. "Hey, just wondering: why choose this part of town to live?"

Listening to Calliope, Kain nodded. Either, he thought, would look pretty hot on her. Not many people could pull off a septum, but he thought she could, probably. He nodded to show he had heard her, smiling too. As the conversation shifted to the area, he shrugged and then held up two fingers. "Two reasons." He answered. "One, because its cheap. No one wants to live here, but hey. I'll take what I can afford. Paying so cheap for this lets me go to other places without having to worry too much. And two, because the kind of people who get body modifications live here. You don't see people with more than their ears pierced out on Diagon Alley, do you?" He asked with a smile. "Just imagine what they would think of the horns or wings or gills I give to people..." He pointed out. He'd only ever actually done ONE pair of wings before, but he had to admit that had been awesome. One of his favorite jobs. A lot of people were turning towards tails now. It was very popular in the circles he navigated. What was great about a lot of the things he did was that they were easily hidden with a spell if they needed to be. Not the more mellow stuff, like piercings and tattoos, but the other modifications.

As Kain spoke, Calliope nodded. It wasn't a really surprising answer. He was right, of course; the crowd that usually could be spotted on Diagon Alley wasn't so keen on 'weird' stuff. Which was a shame, Calliope thought. She liked the out of the ordinary. It was one of the reasons why she liked Kain. "Wings, huh?" she grinned. "Now that is some really cool stuff. You have to be really good at your job, now, aren't you?" Calliope said admiring. Tattoo was art. Her father would be proud of her thinking like that. He always was one to search for the extreme - her mother not so much. How those two ever ended up together still was a mystery to everyone. Not that it mattered much.
It wasn't very busy in the streets... Although, what did Calliope know about it? She had never been here before. There was a lot to see: odd people, peculiar shops. The vibe was nice, not taking into account the slightly creepy old man staring at her. "We almost there yet?" Calliope asked casually.

Kain grinned. "Wings!" he agreed with a chuckle. "They were quite amazing. And, if I do say so myself, I am pretty good at my job." He wasn't arrogant, but he wasn't going to be humble about something he was proud of either. He walked along, turning a corner with Calliope. "Not much longer." He added "Just another block, and then another turn, and we're there." he promised.

True to his word, he stopped at an old shop with dusty windows. There was a lighted sign above the peeling red door that simply proclaimed "Mods". The word changed between different omdifications, sporting a piercing between the M and then a devil's tail and then simply changing color before they went in. He took out a key and placed it into the lock, waving an intricate spell afterwards with his wand. The door opened and he put the key back into his pocket. The inside was well kept, despite the outwards appearance. There were several chairs and crazy posters depicting either illustrations, or people with body modifications of all kinds. A very muscular man with tiny red horns, shirtless to show off his numerous tattoos and piercings, winked at Calliope as she came by. He shut the door again but didn't turn on the 'Open' sign. "You can have a seat."

Calliope eagerly entered the shop, curious after seeing the outside. It was rather surprising how clean everything inside was. It was a necessity if you were going to put needles into someone of course, no one wants to end up having an infection - but still. Calliope grinned at the winking poster, then gave him a very obvious wink back. "Yeah, thanks," she answered, but she walked around a bit, studying the posters, before actually sitting down. The chair was comfier than she'd expected. "Hey, do you happen to have a strong drink or something?" she asked before thinking. Worried it might have come across as rude - after all she was taught that you don't just ask for a drink, you wait until you're offered one - she promptly added: "I mean, if you don't mind. I didn't mean to be rude or anything." She let out a breathy chuckle. "It's just that I could use a bit of alcohol."

"Thats Rich, he flirts with all the girls." Kain said about the poster Calliope had winked back at. "He forgets he's just a poster." Rich had been grinning wider when Calliope winked, but his grin fell and he flicked Kain off as soon as his back had turned. Kain laughed like he saw it anyway.

He was getting the gear he needed. Kain's brand of modifications utilized both enchantments AND machinery, so he was getting the piercer. It was easier to use both. He looked back at Calliope when she asked for a drink though, and he smiled at her. "Sure." He agreed. "I've got some beer, vodka that I keep around to mix with raspberry lemonade, and a really nice whiskey. Take your pick." He told her. They were upstairs in his apartment, but he didn't mind going up to get them before he pierced her. Maybe he'd share a drink with her once they were done. "Also do you like the rings, studs, either, neither?" He asked. The muggles HAD to use studs, but Kain's magic made it so that she could really put anything in first, and there was hardly any healing time too.

"Poor Rich," Calliope said, shaking her head at the poster. She laughed when Rich flicked off Kain, and made herself a little more comfortable.
"Hmm, I'll take the vodka then! Sounds great." Calliope wasn't someone to get drunk quickly, and even if she did, she always made sure she knew what she did. She liked drinking though, her job was to blame for that. She thought about Kain's next question for a minute. She had an idea of what she wanted. "I like the rings, maybe a tibetan one. That'd be really awesome." It was a little mainstream and muggle-like, but she loved those piercings so much, and why not?

"Sure thing." He chuckled, putting down the piercer on the counter in front of him. "Be right back." He went up some rickety wooden stairs at the back of the shop, leaving Calliope by herself downstairs. It didn't take him long to return. He'd just come down with the glass for her. If she wanted more later they could just go upstairs together. Handing her the drink, Kain went back to what he was doing at the counter, selecting the piercing she'd chosen and then using magic to modify his piercer to fit the earring. Finished, he came back over to Calliope with the things he would need. "Okay, so here's how I do things. I'm going to put a spell on you first. Well, not you, exactly, just your nose. It'll help with the pain, or you can opt out. Doesn't really matter to me either way." Kain just didn't see the point in making things hurt if you could make it hurt less, or not at all. "After that, I'll do the piercing, and then another spell. That ones just so you don't have to preform all the upkeep muggles have to - with the solutions to keep it not infected and making sure it doesn't close back up right away. Okay?"

With a friendly "Thank you!" Calliope took the glass from Kain. She took a sip, feeling the alcohol burn her throat. Oh, she had become so different after working in a bar. Her fifteen-year-old self would be shocked. Not that she minded. Nothing wrong with having fun.
When Kain started explaining, Calliope nodded in agreement. "Sounds great." She was glad she didn't have to feel any of it, for things like this it was great to be a wizard. She made herself a little more comfortable in the chair, putting her glass down on a side table. With a small nod she waited for Kain to start.

Kain nodded as Calliope agreed. He took out his wand, pointing it at Calliope's nose. He muttered a spell and then slid the piercer where it needed to go, sandwiched between the two pieces of skin. "One, two - " He squeezed before he got to three. She would feel a pinch, but nothing horrible, and then he slid the piercer away. He used a potion he'd made himself to dab around the piercing and then pulled back. "Okay. All done. If theres any swelling, let me know. There shouldn't be, but I have something for it on the off chance."

Calliope felt the cold material of the piercer and wondered how much it was going to hurt. When Kain got to two he suddenly squeezed and Calliope's face pinched together. It didn't hurt much, it was merely the surprise of the pinch. Her eyes got a little watery nonetheless - a natural reaction.
She scrunched her nose a few times, new to the feeling of the piercing. "That wasn't bad at all," she noted, crosseyed in an attempt to see her nose. "Thanks man!" She had to try hard not to touch it - that probably wasn't the best plan. Instead she took the last sip from her glass. "So I can do everything with it? I don't need to avoid anything like swimming or something?"

Kain grinned a bit as he watched her scrunch up her nose. He shook his head and then pulled back to clean his stuff. "Yeah, do whatever you want. I'd recommend being careful with it when you're in the shower or blowing your nose or something like that for the first week or so, but it should be fine none-the-less." He answered her. "If it hurts more later, I can give you a potion that'll help with that." he added.

Status
Not open for further replies.