Enter The Oasis: Tezuka

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"My ship? It's a StarViper-class attack platform. Got into a dogfight and got out, but not unscathed." Wendy shrugs "Happens." Now she's laid on a layer of bull that she's also a capable fighter pilot. Could have gone with something small but flashy, but nooo she was getting caught up in the flow of lies already with Damagi's attention on her. It was then that Iria abruptly announces she has to leave. Wendy watches Iria leave and turns off her emotional emulation momentarily to conceal her eyes going wide behind her goggles in real life. She takes a moment to calm down before turning it back on and turning around to look at Damagi.

"So I'm not gonna lie, I saw your posting just a bit ago, and..." Wendy takes off her hat tosses it at Damagi's feet and smiles at her. "I wanted to throw my hat in." Wendy giggles, takes a breath before she speaks again. "I am a Level 15, melee combat-focused so I'd be what they call a DPS. Which is like you, so we'd have two for sure, which is good. I've put in time in the arena fights....um no trophies I'll admit but hey, I'm still standing. Oh and I got this." Wendy extends her rightarm and her duel disk materializes over it from her inventory. "I'm a Duelist too. Way more accomplished in that, I'd say. And I can use it to summon monsters, traps and spells even when I'm off the Yu-Gi-Oh world. And it's not magic! So even if this Yautja Prime world is a no-magic zone I'm fine." Her smile grows the longer she speaks, so that by the time she's done with her pitch it's ear-to-ear. It feels so good for her to get it all out in one go.

"So. Am I in?"

Damagi doesn't listen to W3ndy's answer to her bait question. She watches Iria out of the corner of her eye get the message and knows what's going to happen even if as always she doesn't know exactly why. Damagi doesn't even bother asking Iria to wait up just a little while she hears this girl out then they (maybe W3ndy included) could go shopping as well. But experience has taught her this is for naught. Whatever it is Iria has to do has to be done solo. And Damagi has come to accept it. Begrudgingly.

So now she was just alone with this girl. Or what she can only assume is a girl.

The Saiyan listens to W3ndy pitch herself as a member of the team. The fact she actually throws her hat in is a nice touch. So points for her right off the bat. Damagi was familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh! as well, her current username even being derived from the game and she wonders if W3ndy will catch on at all. Having another DPS would be good for sure, but Damagi is more focused on the fact the Duel Disk can lay out traps likely quicker than anything they could conjure up on short notice.

Maybe...this girl was going to prove vital. She was the first to apply as well, even if that had been not necessarily planned judging by how genuinely surprised she looked stumbling into Iria and herself.

Damagi is about to start answering W3ndy, when she gets a message notification. "Uno momento chica." She tells W3ndy and goes into her message. She watches Dante's reply in it's entirety while W3ndy does whatever. When the video is over Damagi doesn't waste any more time and she creates a message for Iria.

"Heyyyy Iria! Since you're gonna be in Neonoir anyway, hows about going check out this guy? I like his style, but with W3ndy here also interested I'm going to put her through a little test. So be a peach and check him out." She types up the message and attaches Dante's video as an attachment.

"Now." Damagi exits her UI and turns away from W3ndy rubbing her chin. "Where were we?" She asks. Rhetorically. The moment the words are out, Damagi whips around and aims a punch right at W3ndy's pretty face.

"No problem!" W3ndy nods to affirm she was more than willing to wait. She figures it has to be another applicant and has to turn off her emotional emulator again as in real life she start to hyperventilate. This was a big step! If she gets onto this team and lives it could mean a lot of loot, coin, maybe even a couple level-ups. Her head is filling with aspirations of getting enough for her own ship. Maybe not the StarViper she really wants but something would be great! No more teleport fees or dealing with skeevy dudes for 'discounted' rides.

W3ndy watches Damagi go into standby mode, picking up her hat and calming herself down. When Damagi comes out of her standby mode, W3ndy has composed herself and is ready for further questions and whatnot.

In retrospect, W3ndy should have expected the punch that comes for her face. Those arena fights have prepped her for such a thing though; she catches the fist just short of connecting. "Oh! You want to test me? Okay!" W3ndy say very ecstatically even though internally, she's panicking and coming up with a plan.

Saiyans are naturally very strong. Can't try to match her strength. Got to show her I am not not afraid to fight a higher level opponent. Even if I am...

W3ndy moves the fist she caught away, holds her other hand out to catch another punch, and goes in for a hard headbutt at Damagi's chin. Should that connect and the system simulate the dazed vision of such a blow, W3ndy plans to draw her sword and give herself a farther reach for any follow-up attacks.

Fighting back, no running. That's what I like Damagi thinks the moment her fist is caught and so is her follow-up. The headbutt to her chin does cause her vision to blur along with the 1 point of damage, but Damagi is too seasoned as a fighter to be that easily put off. The instant Damagi feels the blow to her chin, she kicks off from the ground and knees W3ndy right in the middle of her torso. She breaks free from W3ndy's hold on her hands and hits her with two small blasts of ki from each. They're not enough to do more than 5 points of damage total, but it allows Damagi to fly up and land a couple feet away.

"Alright, I got what I needed from ya, Barbie." Damagi says smiling looking very satisfied but in a Hung Gar stance ready for if W3ndy wasn't done yet. "I'm done, if you are."

Reactions: Amber Franklin
"Gah!" W3ndy exclaims when she takes the knee to the chest, thankful for not having a full haptic suit so she doesn't feel it. She exclaims again when Damagi hits her with the two blasts from her free hands and the small force of the blasts were sufficient to knock off her hat, and also send her back. Even through the haze of the blast W3ndy manages to reach back, draw her sword, and jump back to assume a stance with sword held in front of her ready for another round. W3ndy's eyes were narrow, poised like the rest of her form.

Hearing Damagi say she is done, W3ndy doesn't take her at her word at first. She holds that stance silently, while the crowd around them looks on ready for the fight to continue. W3ndy only sees a few of these onlookers in her peripheral vision as she doesn't want to take her eyes off Damagi. After a couple more moments of silence W3ndy relaxes and sheathes her sword. "Alright, then." She says walking toward Damagi "And it's W3ndy, not Barbie." W3ndy comes up to Damagi and puts her left hand out. "So....I assume that means I'm in?"

"Normally to assume means to make an ass out of you and me." Damagi takes W3ndy's hand and shakes it while smiling. "But not this time. You didn't run, you went in ready to fight. That's what I'm looking for." Damagi releases her and motions for the girl to follow. "Come on. Let's take my ship since yours is in the shop." She says with her smile shifting to one that hints she knows W3ndy was lying earlier but is choosing to play along.

Damagi leads the way from the market to the hangars where she has parked her ship, The Kicking' Wing. "It's no Millenium Falcon or Slave I, but Kickin' Wing so far hasn't let me down." Damagi says proudly as they approach the ship and the boarding ramp lowers before her. The interior is spacious, with the main cargo hold occupied by a lounge on the right with a mini bar and 50's style Jukebox. The left has large stacks of crates labeled Armor, Ammo, Weapons, and Outfits. Damagi points at those crates "You think you need something else, take what you want from there. Just know I'm loaning it to you so if we both get through this, you give it back, comprende?" Then Damagi opens her UI and sends a video message to Iria.

"Hey Iria. Barbie passed my little test, so we're headed to the rendevous point together. Which will be Happy Jack's Pizza Place on Archaide since it's adjacent to the sector with Yautja Prime. We can meet up there with the others I'll peruse when I get there, and when the gang's all together we'll head on over in the Saiyan Pods. If you think this Dante is legit, bring him along. I trust your judgement as always. Oh and uh...leave out that we know his latest bounty. That's a 'conversation' I'd like to have with him personally. See ya there!" She finishes the message and enters the cockpit waving W3ndy to keep following her.

"Strap in." Damagi tells her new teammate upon sitting down and strapping in. She engages the engine, takes the controls, and slowly pilots her ship out of the hangar and off Toriyama. Damagi flies through the asteroid field that was once the moon, and upon clearing that primes the hyperdrive. She looks over at W3ndy and says "Hold onto your butt." the instant before she pulls the proper lever and launches The Kickin' Wing into hyperspace.

"Can't pass up a free ride." W3ndy grins back at Damagi and scoops up her hat from the ground then dutifully follows her new leader. On the way she puts her Duel Disk back in her inventory. All the while she worries how her lies about the ship will catch up to her. Does Damagi trust her less? Maybe call her out on it to embarass her?

Maybe while they're alone she should come clean. That has to count for something, right?

In the hangars W3ndy is distracted looking at the ships they pass. They all look so cool to her, the ships themselves and the pilots if they happen to be nearby. And when they arrive at Damagi's ship, W3ndy whistles to let her know she's impressed. "Niiiice! So you're a fellow Star Wars fan too huh? They got all the coolest ships. Not to diss the other sci-fi franchises, but Star Wars stuff just looks cooler. Even the lesser-known stuff."

The interior is just about as impressive to her when they enter. W3ndy is torn between the crates of stuff she's told she can check out and borrow, and the jukebox. The jukebox wins. She peers into the glass at the song selections available. "Does it....do the thing?" She asks and impulsively hits it very lightly on the side. Space Oddity by David Bowie starts playing and W3ndy claps with excitement. "Awesome! I love the golden oldies!" Her excitement is cut off somewhat when Damagi gestures for her to follow.

W3ndy is strapping herself in during the opening of the song and nods to Damagi. While they fly through the air and into space, W3ndy hums along with the song. Normally she'd be singing, but she doesn't know if Damagi is annoyed by people singing yet. Even though its not really necessary, W3ndy holds onto her straps when Damagi reaches for the hyperdrive lever and they take off, appropriately as the song reaches its beautiful end and the stars stretched out before them.