2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
encouragement

Hello fellow Iwakian!

Did you know that April 10th is National Encourage a Young Writer Day? Well, if you didn't, you do now! But why stop at just a day? Why only encourage young writers when being a writer of any age can be extremely difficult?

Many of us deal with insecurities in regards to our writing. Maybe you're worried about your dialogue being too unrealistic, or you fear that your characters aren't likable enough, or perhaps you struggle with not including enough (or perhaps too much) detail. Unfortunately, it can become easy to fixate on what we consider our faults and completely ignore our strengths.

Given this, why don't we all take a moment to shout out some of our favorite writers on this site? Try to be as specific as you can about what you enjoy about their writing because what you perceive as strengths might not be noticeable to them at all.

Additionally, check out these other April-related threads:
Take a Risk
Fact-Checking
Earth Day

I love this idea! First off, @Jenamos, I absolutely love all of the topics you come up with. Your threads make me smile every time.

Second off, shout out to @Nemopedia for being patient with me. I love your writing style and I could get lost in a book that you wrote. You put in so much detail into what you write, that if I was an artist, I feel like I could write out exactly what you're thinking for the scene, or even an expression.
Third, @Reina, I love the depth you give your character. You don't create simple, one dimensional characters; they all have so much history, like an actual person. Plus, I just love reading your writing style. It's quite eloquent.
And last but not least, @mr_pibbs what I love writing with you most if that you create such awesome worlds. The two roleplays we've done were similar in plot, but the scenes are so different and filled with so much detail. I adore it!