Encouraging RP Growth

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Blind Hemingway, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, this thread will be an open discussion about encouraging RP growth and member participation.

Now, I understand if people are busy; however, it is highly discouraging when there is a general lack of postings in the RP areas of the forums. This includes new RPings or posting in open threads. While it is natural that interests move away from a certain RPs over time, let's try to figure out why.

What do you, as a member of an RPing site, want to see more of RP wise? What are your suggestions to get people to post more often?

2. Personally, a lot of the things that bothered me have changed. We've got a variety of genres and moods to choose from now; game concepts I once pined for in vain are all over the place. So for now, on a personal level, it's just a matter of how much free time I have, how I manage it, and whether or not real life stress kills my posting mood.

*shrug*

Get replying, everybody. I want to see your input.

3. "Ohh..." Lucius places hos hands on her hips.

4. Anya moans pleasurably as she started moving faster.

5. My -personal- problem is always waiting on posts. .__.; I get bored reeeeaaaal fast if I have to wait too long for replies. And it always seems like by the time it IS my turn to post, it ends up being bad timing. So I have to deal with RL distraction/sick/errand/etc that's eating up brainpower coupled with my grrness of having to post "right away" for people that had me waiting forever. Then it takes me extra long to post and the whole cycle is repeated for someone else. ;_;

but that's more of me-problem than a fixable one!

*Points at Torsty's post!* I like Plots with that "middle ground" too in structure! I'm probably guilty of not adding enough world and plot details to my own GMed plots though. .___.; I always prefer RPs where the plot is designed around the characters in it, so I tend to leave open-ended and vague design so all the players can create their own atmosphere. Sometimes it dun work out... t___t

*Points at Woody!* I'm one of those "make your own" people, for that Can't-find-what-like reasons. XD Um.... have you tried passing RP wishlist and ideas to other people for GMing? There's actually a lot of Players out there that can't GM but they have sweetass ideas. Passing ideas out might be good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.