• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Email Notifications

Peregrine

Waiting for Wit
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Hey. Every time that I get a PM from someone, or an update to an already active conversation, it sends an email to my offsite email, notifying me of this. I find that more than a little annoying, and also entirely useless. Is there any way for me to turn that particular feature off? I feel like I have searched quite thoroughly for it, and have also read through a good portion of the FAQ to try and find it.

I may be missing something obvious, but I think I need some help. Help?

Click your name in the top right hand corner, then "Preferences". On that page there is an option that says "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." AND "...and receive email notifications of replies" Uncheck one or both of these boxes depending on what you need!

To turn OFF all current email notification of watched threads (or remove watched threads) in the navigation bar there is a link called "Watched Threads" on that page you'll find all threads you're watching and options to change the kind of alerts you receive!

Yeah, I found those, but it had absolutely no effect on the conversations. They seem to be entirely unrelated to threads.

Oh! Lemme see, for conversations, you need to go to Contact Details! There is an option called "Receive email when a new conversation message is received".

I think I will work on an entry for the FAQ that lists all the alert/email notification places and how to turn them off. I didn't realize that there were so many of them. O__O

That's it! Thank you very much. If there is any way I can help with the FAQ page, let me know.

All you have to do is ask more questions when you have them. 8D I'll make sure they get answered!

Back