Ello

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ObsidianShimmer

Original poster
Howdy people, I'm Cody. I'm male, I'm 25, and I'm pretty sure that's all of the obligatory information that no one cares about. Well.... maybe not.

I started role playing back in 2004, took a small break from 09 to 2010, and have been back in full force ever sense. I currently role play on a handful of forums, which lead me to why I joined this one.

I'm on a quest you see. An adventure of sorts. I am going from forum to forum and sampling how people handle competitive combat situations. My ultimately goal is to see the minute differences for each site and how they handle combat. I would like to eventually take all of the good and all of the bad and merge it together to make something delightful.

Of course that isn't the sole reason for my visit. I am also here to enrich my life by meeting new people. My travels have allowed me to befriend so many amazing writers, people who have challenged my paradigms and forced me to grow as a person. So ya, there is that too.

I'm not sure how long I will stay with Iwaku, there are so many forums to explore, however I do promise to contribute what I can to the role playing community while I am here.

Experiences are what life is all about, I plan on having as many as possible.

Well welcome to Iwaku and let's hope your experience here is a good one!

Well welcome to Iwaku and let's hope your experience here is a good one!

Well thank you, that's very kind. I suspect it will be. Adaptability is the key to survival and more specifically to being able to enjoy something new. I suspect that people who don't enjoy new forums are people who refuse to adapt. They get too caught up in how things were and do not focus on what they can become.

You seem to have hte basic concept of a new forum down. Diversity is only enjoyed by those who are able to see it for something other than stupidity.

I think it goes beyond the concept of new forum. I think it is the attitude that should be used when approaching anything new.

Anyway, there are a lot of groups. I'm assuming the bulk of these are collaborative ventures with a single overarching plot?

Hai, most have one over-arching plot.

There does not appear to be any competitive combat/tournament groups. Although there is so much to skim through. Guess I'll just have to start looking into specific threads to see if there is anything that catches my fancy.

Pleasure chatting with you sir.

We don't tend to have many roleplays dedicated solely to combat/fighting. The majority will be story/character focused roleplays here.

Your adventure sounds like a lot of fun! O__O Welcome to Iwaku, and I hope you enjoy the time you spend here!

We don't tend to have many roleplays dedicated solely to combat/fighting. The majority will be story/character focused roleplays here.

Your adventure sounds like a lot of fun! O__O Welcome to Iwaku, and I hope you enjoy the time you spend here!

I had a feeling that was the case. Which isn't a bad thing at all. I find that fighting tends to attract an immature group. Not to say that you can't have competitive members who are mature, I hope that I don't act like a 13 year old on COD, just that competitiveness breeds arrogance and arrogance has many unflattering qualities.

I'll see about establishing myself as a member and then once I've won the favor of the people, will see if I can get anyone to join a Tournament based group.

My adventure has been a lot of fun. While I don't recommend forum hopping to everyone, it is nice to experience new things.

Anyway, thank you ma'am (I feel like this is a safe assumption to make). Btw, does this forum utilize the abbr bbc?

Welcome to Iwaku, traveller with a quest ^^
I wont join a tournament, hazard, but Ill gladly try to make any of your partakings in my stories be as gloriously fun as they can be ;)
Hope you enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.