1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
I work 10 hours days 4 1/2 days of the week as a vet tech. Some days I come home and just fall straight to bed after a long day, but others I'll come on. I also compete in obedience competitions with my dog, so a lot of my time is spent training with him. The weekends and Mondays are my best days to be on.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Slice of Life, Medieval, Romance, Action, Adventure, Animal fiction (not anthros or furries), a little bit of Fantasy
I don't know why I find myself wanting to play this genre so bad at the moment, but I really want an egg hatching roleplay. Anyone ever heard of this before and is wanting to roleplay this as well?

Now, I don't really have an idea for it, but I was thinking that maybe if one or more people were interested in this we could brainstorm together to create, sort of, a world or setting for this, as well as a plot. This could either be a one on one or a group roleplay, depending on how many people, if any, are interested in this.

I do, though, have a basic idea of something that could be a plot, but it would definitely need to be expanded upon to give it more depth. I'll probably let anyone know about this general idea if anyone is interested...

So, just post here and let me know if you're interested! Maybe we can come up with something. (:

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'll admit, I have no idea what you're on about, but I'll try anything once.

Reactions: Koene
Well, trying new things is always good, right? (:

Honestly, I've only done a couple of egg hatching roleplays, but they were really fun to me, despite the fact that they didn't really get much farther than the eggs hatching before the roleplay died... But I'll see if I can explain a little bit about it (I'm not the best at explaining how things work and what not...).

Basically, usually, there are a group of eggs that, depending on the location/setting/situation/etc. are where they are at for some reason, and that can vary as well. All of the eggs are of different sizes, colors, shapes, etc. and with each egg comes a different creature from it, and all of them have their different personalities and what not. And, again, depending on the situation there are people who come somehow find themselves in the area with the eggs, and based on their character only a certain egg will hatch for them. So, the eggs really only hatch if the 'right' person comes to them... And then what ever the plot entails will happen...

Gahh, that was a horrible explanation! It would make much more sense with an actual plot, and then you'd probably be able to know what exactly it is. That was just my version of a generic overview of what this type of roleplay is, but I was really hoping to have a deep plot to go with this and to actually go somewhere with the story, if you know what I mean.

I understand what you mean. Obviously there's still plenty to think about, but I'd certainly be interested in being a part of it. Seems there's opportunity to bring in a few different genres with it.

Yes, there are a lot of elements of different things that can be incorporated into this type of roleplay. Like, I've done some where it's bases in a more medieval setting, or there are some that I've done that were based in some type of fantasy realm, or even a more modern setting. I was thinking of this being in more of a medieval/fantasy type location/setting though. I just feel like this would be better suited in either one of those, or both, rather than a modern setting...

That does seem the more obvious choice, and I reckon it would attract more people. I was wondering if you would let people pick their egg, or if they would be allocated based on their characters background and personality?

I was thinking that it would go more along the lines of the 'eggs' kind of choosing the person based on the character's personality, if only because I wouldn't want someone to just choose an egg based on its looks (if that makes much sense). But maybe if there was a situation where someone didn't match with any of the eggs then they would get to choose an egg that hadn't been match up with anyone. Just a rough idea though.

And I've seen a lot of things where the 'leader' of the thread plays all the eggs/creatures in the eggs, and I really like that idea, and I have a few creatures already in mind, but I'm not exactly sure how some people will take a liking to that.

Very interesting idea. I'm interested, and if needed, there are a few things floating around in my mind for a plot already.

I also find this really interesting. :) I hope to see some plot soon, I've been checking on the idea since last and it looks fun! Good luck!

Awesome to see some other people taking an interest to this! (:
Thanks for the luck Tribs, and yes hopefully there will be a plot for this soon!

What ideas do you have, codasterthedisaster? I'm always open to hear some.

Each of the people that find/receive an egg are part of a prophecy, or the eggs are a sign of some divine intervention that starts a series of world-changing events. Stuff like that.

I think something can be made from that, and I really like the idea of the people being a part of some prophecy. That could be a basis for the plot, I think.

With that idea, maybe, these eggs appeared after some drastic/catastrophic events happened in the setting in a particular place, and with that maybe the 'rulers' (if we go with a more medieval setting, though we could probably implement this with a fantasy type thing too) have befallen or something has happened for them. People from all around, after hearing about the appearance of these eggs, try to see if they are the 'ones' to hatch the eggs or form some sort of bond with them, which, all around, become unsuccessful until our characters come into play and try themselves to see if they can get something out of these eggs. And with that they maybe figure out that they are the ones to stop this evilness, or what ever, and get things back to normal.

Very vague and rough idea, but I definitely have been thinking about it a lot. It probably sounds a bit cliche too, but I'm hoping to flesh things out with it...

Eh, sometimes cliche is the best way to try things out. From there you have a good idea of what can be done to make the plot, or characters, or whatever much better. I, for one, am fine with cliche, since I'm new to the whole 'egg hatching' thing.

That actually makes sense. It'll probably start off a bit like that before branching out a little with other ideas that are accumulated into the plot, but we'll see when we get to that point.

I was thinking, too, with the creatures from the eggs, that instead of them being, like, in their 'true form' (I guess) they start off a smaller, weaker versions of their normal self. And eventually throughout the journey they end up growing to be stronger, almost like they're growing with their 'tamer', if that makes any sense...

So, kind of like pokemon? not at their full potential, but as they grow with their trainer they get bigger and stronger? I like that idea, actually.

Kind of like that, but not necessarily Pokemon. Like, they won't have levels they need to go through in order to evolve or something... It'll be more event wise, I guess. I just didn't really like the idea of them coming out of the egg and then just being powerful and what not, since, how I imagine it, these creatures are being 'reborn', in which case they have to sort of grow up to get back to the way they were before. If that makes any sense anyway. (:

I imagined the creatures being like all creatures, weak when they're born but gradually gaining power as they grow. However, if the creatures' power is linked to their respective owners bond, then a hybrid of both would be a pretty good idea to try out.

Yeah, that's basically what I had in mind for them.

What do you mean when you say hybrid? I mean, I think I know where you're going with this idea, and I think it could be done, and it could possibly make things a little more interesting, but I guess I just need a little more clarity on that.

Meaning that the creatures get more powerful as they and their master become closer to eachother, as well as with their individual growth. It's the same idea as for the dragons in the Eragon series.

Pardon me, I just now checked this category again and noticed one of my favorite genres was up for discussion.

Ah, I didn't even think of the Eragon thing until you mentioned it. But yes, that is exactly what I was going for. Just as a child gets physically stronger as they age, the creatures do too. However, based on how close they are with their master or trainer, they also get stronger. Sorry if the wording on my last post was off, I was very tired when I wrote it.