evening on thur , fri, and sat
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
dragon age series, asoiaf series, erotic, dark fantasy, high fantasy, suspense, adventure
IMG_0020.PNG

not sure if a bug or if it's been like this forever but, i can't find the edit button in a clan i'm a part of if i'm on mobile. is there a way to make it visible or somehow add it? basically, just make it so that we can edit threads in clans on mobile? i'd appreciate it very much! >.<

Slightly related, I can't find a way to edit thread titles in clans either (on desktop). Is it possible to do?

Unfortunately, due to the way clan permissions work, regular users do not have any edit permissions for any clan things. Allowing it would also allow them to do things like delete clans, and that's just no good for a lot of reasons.

Unfortunately, due to the way clan permissions work, regular users do not have any edit permissions for any clan things. Allowing it would also allow them to do things like delete clans, and that's just no good for a lot of reasons.
I'm clan owner and still can't edit thread titles (even my own). Is that intentional?

Really? I thought (and could've sworn) I was able to edit the thread just fine on computer yesterday. Well, that sucks. My partner and I will have to move our information for an rp looks like.

I'm clan owner and still can't edit thread titles (even my own). Is that intentional?
Yes. Apparently edit permissions in the clans add-on are weirdly tied together, so allowing stuff like thread title editing would also allow editing other people's clan info.
Really? I thought (and could've sworn) I was able to edit the thread just fine on computer yesterday. Well, that sucks. My partner and I will have to move our information for an rp looks like.
Hrm, I don't think you should have been able to. I'll go check it out and see what's up. Maybe there are some minor editing permissions available to users and that particular one not showing up on mobile is a display bug or something.

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
@Jorick I don't know about normal users, but as clan owner, I'm definitely able to edit everyone's posts in the clan. (If that matters).

I'm on Desktop, however. Don't have a smartphone to test mobile site.

Honestly, maybe it's just my mind getting to me since I joined the clan (The Royals) just yesterday and college has been getting to me, but thank you for planning to check it out anyways! Confirm my suspicions! XD

Reactions: Vardoger
I've now tested it.

Discussion titles cannot be edited.

Posts you've made, or posts by other people in clans you own, can be edited on computer. Looks like the edit button not showing up on mobile is definitely a display problem.

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
Well, I went back in, and unfortunately, I'm unable to edit on computer now lol. So something's definitely wonky xD

Untitled.png

:|

Well then. That's weird.

Yup~ Well, thank you for the help regardless! Hope a solution comes up soon! ^^

All right, trying to figure out why it would be since, as far as we can tell, you should be able to edit the post.
You're a member of other clans, can you edit your posts there, do you know?
Can you edit any other of your posts in that group and just not that one or none?

@Kitti The Royals is the only clan I'm unable to edit in (can't edit any of my posts). I can edit my posts in other clans just fine.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kitti
Did you try to reload the post you can't edit? Just that thread?

I found for some reason, (on desktop) once you edit a post in Clans you have to reload the post you edited for the edit button to appear.

@Silent That's interesting. Edit buttons work fine for me on laptop. I did what you suggested on mobile though. It doesn't work, unfortunately.

@Silent That's interesting. Edit buttons work fine for me on laptop. I did what you suggested on mobile though. It doesn't work, unfortunately.
did your problem ever get fixed? through recent updates or anything of the sort?

did your problem ever get fixed? through recent updates or anything of the sort?

Not that I know of. I forgot about this so I'm not worried about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.