Ebola Safety Alerts

I spent hours, practically days researching through the government website to gather all of those documents for you guys. I can only share and help you understand the information, I can't make you read it. Cosmos mentions the "Offense" wearing a mask causes... :/ This is stupidly ridiculous. No one should be wearing a mask yet, but in my honest opinion you should own at least one box...and have a few on hand with you, just to be safe and ever since the swine flu happened this should always have been the case. not just now. Viruses and bacteria have been evolving at a rate that is mind blowing for the scientists studying them. This shit should be taught and practiced in schools like the damn fire drills.

On average, we touch our face/head up to 2-4 times a minute, it may not seem like it but it does happen. That's up to 5,500 times a day O___O places like schools should be briefed and drilled on how to sneeze and cough properly.

@Hope is right, and this is an entirely different issue altogether that will send me up a wall, lol, but how does this tie into Epidemics? Simple.
When you eat real foods like greens and real carbs, whole grains, and fruits. You are not just getting fuel, you are consuming VITAMINS AND MINERALS...today we cannot rely on the supermarkets or the farmers to provide us with these very important things.

Vitamins and minerals help keep your immune system healthy along with other functions of the body. With a healthy and strong immune system your chances of fighting off Ebola, and other viruses like the flu and such are very high. The foods we eat today are designed to be preserved for long periods of time. We work too much to cook full nutritional meals and get no nutritional value once we microwave veggies. We kill the healthy value of the foods we do get by cooking the ever living fuck out of them. I could go on and on about how food is fucked and Ebola is dangerous...eating the right food is also a personal responsibility. Taking the vitamins and minerals you need are almost absolutely necessary today...because food no longer is what it used to be. Pink slime, Meat glue, and chemical after chemical, and I can't even look at a McDonald's without feeling sick.

Back to the discussion of an Epidemic. We can always start another thread for nutritional health tips which @Hope thanks for bringing that up.

What stands out and remains to be the difference between now and then, is the fact that the U.S. Government is planning for things....they are planning to arm the postal service so that Our mail men and women have firearms, they passed an executive order to detain American citizens that show signs of slight respiratory illness, and there are 19,000 results alone when you search "Ebola" on http://www.whitehouse.gov/ . Ebola is being discussed and preparations are being made. It's wise for us to be prepared and aware of how they are prepping the country that American citizens live in.

If any kind of "biological attack" becomes a wide enough spread issue, this is what we are looking at, this is what WILL happen and everyone needs to know about it, If you are an American citizens and you are not aware of these documents and how they apply to you as an American citizen, it could possibly sneak up on you, and I don't want anyone to go through that. I'm not saying to wear a mask all the time!! lol yet having them ready for when you do need them is kind of important, that's all. For all I know Ebola could just be a distraction to make us not pay attention to something potentially worse.

This Ebola threat...is not the only threat that comes at us, as those working in the hospitals know and come into contact with many of them daily, new ones are popping up all the time and with how stupid crazy the weather has been I think its just a good idea to keep everyone updated on what going on. The more aware we are the better our chances will be too. As history clearly shows, Ignorance kills.

I am trying to not be freaked out by this ebola virus as much as one possibly can...

I think back to when the swine flu came around, also known as H1N1. You guys remember the media hype around it, exactly the same as the hype around ebola right? Well, I actually had the H1N1 virus and I survived. I just hope that it's a similar situation...
~ Hugs ~ Don't be afraid Clover, Humans are extremely resilient and amazing organisms, as long as you stay aware, stay healthy, and know what is going on, you have the upper hand already and I have a strong feeling that this will just all blow over.

CDC says: "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has continually maintained that Ebola is unlikely to spread in the U.S. because public health systems are much stronger than they are in West Africa, where nations are overwhelmed by the virus' spread and force. At this time there is no known cure or vaccine for Ebola, and fear has spread across the world as citizens watched soaring rates of the disease in West Africa. Three thousand people have died, and the World Health Organization expects the numbers to continue to grow."

Things will get worse before they get better, but at least we know whats going on.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If people are worried about the price of investing in surgical mask...they are not that expensive now, here is a link. It's not a very hefty investment to make that has the potential to keep you safe. even if it is not airborne it is the safest precaution to act and prepare as though it is. Because whats to keep this or any other virus from evolving into a new strand?

It's always a good idea to have at least one of these boxes in your home because you never know what is going to happen. You want to keep track of where this thing does spread to and stay as aware as possible. every year there is something that jumps up and scares us and its like the little boy who cried wolf...well, that wolf could show up at any time and being prepared and open minded will empower you and help your chances even more. It's ok to feel fear, that is normal and you are not alone, a lot of people are scared. Ebola is scary, but America has the best doctors and hospitals IN THE WORLD. We have very high chances of this whole thing rolling over and you and I can prevent the spread of any scary virus or bacteria. Humans are way more intelligent and complex and I know that with the proper precautions we will prevent things like this from spreading.

(11)3ply Mask-1-GIF-LM-T.jpg

Surgical face mask.jpg

Everyone freak out because nothing bad happens when a large mass of people panic!

Seriously people. She's just trying to help. While I do agree that it could have been said without the red lettering, what Fijoli is saying is very important.

For example:

A single sneeze spreads about 100,000 germs into the air. Those around you when you sneeze will breath in those germs.

Someone infected could spread it through that with tiny molecules of germs.

The fact is, we can't ignore that this is happening, but don't panic over it. Seriously. Just keep washing your hands, and hell, if you are really worried wear a mask and gloves. Personally I wash my hands when I get home even before the outbreak. Call me paranoid but I don't want to get sick.

If you are sick, don't go out and spread germs (sick with anything. Not just Ebola.) If your friends are sick, stay away. Keep clean, calm, and do your best to keep yourself safe and you'll have done what thousands won't.

What will you do by panicking yourself and others? Become a zombie. That's what happened in the Walking Dead.

That's my two cents. Thanks Fijoli for caring about all us enough to mention something (actually not being sarcastic).

Don't be Kiefer Sutherland ...or Morgan Freeman just to be safe.

And don't play with misplaced capuchin monkeys in redwood American forests.

p.s. This shit came out in 1995 y'all

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's Update, Old but Good news for those who haven't seen this yet.

Ebola Survivor Dr. Kent, Donates blood to Ebola patient Ashoka Mukpo

It is survivable and that made my day!

A little news for pet lovers as a nurse in Spain is rushed to the hospital her dog, Excalibur is left behind and is threatened to be euthanized. Protesters gather at her door to save the dog.

RT: Ebola in Spain: 4 people including nurse hospitalized in Madrid

Save Excalibur! Pet Lovers Unite to Protect Ebola Patient's Dog - Animal Rights Activists Blockade Ebola Nurse's Home

I live in Houston and I'm not worried. Texas is one of few states with a hme grown CDC and is ranked as best in the nation. If it beats them it can beat (most) anyone.

Everyone freak out because nothing bad happens when a large mass of people panic!

Seriously people. She's just trying to help. While I do agree that it could have been said without the red lettering, what Fijoli is saying is very important.

For example:

A single sneeze spreads about 100,000 germs into the air. Those around you when you sneeze will breath in those germs.

Someone infected could spread it through that with tiny molecules of germs.

The fact is, we can't ignore that this is happening, but don't panic over it. Seriously. Just keep washing your hands, and hell, if you are really worried wear a mask and gloves. Personally I wash my hands when I get home even before the outbreak. Call me paranoid but I don't want to get sick.

If you are sick, don't go out and spread germs (sick with anything. Not just Ebola.) If your friends are sick, stay away. Keep clean, calm, and do your best to keep yourself safe and you'll have done what thousands won't.

What will you do by panicking yourself and others? Become a zombie. That's what happened in the Walking Dead.

That's my two cents. Thanks Fijoli for caring about all us enough to mention something (actually not being sarcastic).

I feel smart after reading that entire thing

[spacer]The more dangerous thing than the disease is the possibility of panicking masses. When people don't get how easy it can be to stay healthy, they will get defensive. When they get defensive, there's the potential for violence. The issues that could result from this disease getting out are associated with both the severe decrease in population of effected areas (i.e. fewer people to make the economy work once it's safe to trade with other people; not just if Ebola hits the place, but even something as simple as roadblocks cutting off supply routes) and the groups and individuals who take advantage of a situation where the police, military forces and hospitals are focusing on keeping people alive and roadblocks in place. Think aftermath of Katrina. There would have been a lot less suffering if there had been less looting and violence, but it happened anyway.
[spacer]As for here, now... the U.S. can manage isolated cases like the Dallas patient who died and the two nurses, etc. We have the infrastructure in place and enough people we can educate and train to deal with the occasional case. Canada is in the same boat as we are. But watch Mexico. When it gets out of control there - and it likely will; there is a paucity of resources and an excess of poor, uneducated people - there will be a flood of refugees that cannot, ultimately, be managed. There will be no humanitarian way to deal with an influx of people who may or may not be sick, and I wouldn't count on the border guard to hold back a flood of people indefinitely. No defense is perfect.
[spacer]I'd suggest to anyone and everyone to stay calm, watch the news, and put back enough food and supplies in a secure, defensible place to last at least a year. If nothing happens, hey! you've got a supply of stuff you won't have to buy, and probably saved money buying in bulk. If the shit hits the fan, best of luck.[/spacer][/spacer][/spacer]

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Thanks for the information. I heard they got one of the countries Ebola-free, is this true?