Dwellers of Ash (Code Vein/God Eater mixed inspiration RP) Signups and OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Character Thread

RULES
--------------------
All Iwaku rules apply
Please, no drama in the OOC
Please refrain from IRL political/Religious discussion or other 'hot topics'. It makes me uncomfortable.
I, as GM, have final work on disputes. This includes on if a character is too OP.
Please be reasonable in your powers and your actions in combat (See combat rules below)
If you have a problem, question, or request, please let me know in OOC or PM!
---------------------------------------
POSTING REQUIREMENTS
-------------------------------------------
Please post at least once a week, more often is very much preferred. One post per GM post in most cases
Please do your best with spelling and grammar, it needs to be at least legible.
Please at least one paragraph per post. Do your best to help move the scene forward with your posts
Please do not fill pages with interactions between only two characters. Be respectful of those who can post less often.
----------------------------------

Disclaimer
I have not yet finished either game. Therefore, I am leaning more towards using similar worlds but with original characters and plot. Also that's just my personal preference.

Code Vein: The Player Characters will be Revenants who all share a home base and a mission. In-game, revenants are humans who were implanted with a parasite in their heart which gives them special abilities and greater strength (as well as immortality - you die, you turn to dust and reform - as long as your heart survives) in exchange for bloodlust. Humans are rare and carefully protected, so the main source of blood to sate this thirst are called blood beads, which sprout from bloodsprings.

The RP will differ from the game in the fact that bloodbeads will sprout regularly, so the need for fighting and the amount of the Lost (Revenants who succumbed to bloodlust) is generally less. However, a destructive faction of revenants has sprouted up, and opposes the current (loose as it may be) government. Not to mention there may be a bigger threat hiding in the shadows....

God Eater: In God Eater, the world has been destroyed by the Aragami. These creatures are made of single-cells called Oracle Cells, that work together to create the form and allow them to function. They have no real weak points, and they are functionally immortal unless a core of Oracle Cells is removed.

How to fight these 'gods' that have Decimated humanity? Enter the God Eater. Implanted with the same Oracle Cells, they gain a substantial power boost and are able to use God Arcs: Weapons with a melee, gun, and shield form that can also devour Aragami for extra power and, when dead, materials.

Since God Eater has three games, there is more to draw on. However, I would like to draw the most from GE3, so players would be AGEs (Adaptive God Eaters) who hold resistance to a substance known as the Ash. They must utilize a pair of the armlets God Eaters wear and have a number of other powers,

In this one, the player characters will be crew of an Ash Crawler, working to find and patrol routes between human ports - bastions against the Ash.

Changes From Games to mixed-setting RP
GE/CV: Miasma and Ash Storms occur naturally, with one generally preceding the other
CV: Bloodsprings and Bloodbeads are more common/plentiful (But not to where scarcity is fully gone)
GE/CV: Revenants can share with AGE's Engage powers by drinking their blood once the bond is ready.
CV: BOR Parasites allow Revenants to damage Aragami and break Oracle bonds as if their weapons were less-functional God Arcs
GE/CV: AGEs must use Purifier Masks to survive the miasma, and Purifier Masks help with Ash as well
GE: AGEs are generally volunteers, rather than forced into it
CV: Revnants must be created from a God Eater Corpse

RP Content
The world is a bit more open to exploration, as the team's Ash Crawler goes where they desire/are needed. Missions still take place in areas, similar to a merge between games.
The havens of humanity, AGEs and Revenants are ports, as in GE
Bloodbead scarcity is still a thing, if to a much lesser extent.
Lost and Aragami are on neutral terms, and will fight against one another as well as together.
Glepnir and CV's provisional government are merged
There is a faction of Revnants and AGEs that opposes the government. They have taken over a port and send out agents to fight and recruit

2045 - Primordial Meteor discovered within Pacific Ocean
2046 - Oracle Cells discovered within meteor, study begins
2047 - Oracle Project goes awry, first aragami formed and oracle lab destroyed
2050 - Humanity is reduced to a number of Bastions. Oracle lab rediscovered
2052 - Two Breakthroughs made in the new Oracle Project: Codenamed God Eater and Code Vein
2053 - First God Eaters successfully created, all Code Vein subjects fail
2055 - Due to heavy losses, project CV implants a BOR Parasite into a dead God Eater. The first Revenant is thus 'born'
2060 - A large clash between a mixed GE/CV army and Aragami. Heavy losses on both sides, the amount of true-killed Revenants creates the first Ash Storm, followed by a blanket of miasma in the affected area - creating a large number of lost
2063 - Projects GE and CV reach maximum production. Later the same year, the Oracle Lab vanishes without trace inside permanent Ash/Miasma tempest
2065 - Ash/Miasma Storms become more common, prompting the creation of a new Bias Factor, and thus AGEs. HUmanity also begins building downwards, with old bastions mostly abandoned in favor of underground Ports heavily resistant to Ash and Sealed against Miasma. Ash Crawlers are created as lifelines in the outside world
2095 - Current Year. World Government Bahamut holds the ports in a loose grip of peace among Aragami and Lost. Conflicts still occur, and the splinter faction Tiamat grows in power and membership as many people become disillusioned.

Last edited:
I thought it would be more like I GE1/2 where people, typically younger is better, volunteer to take the comparability test.

The God Eaters were never seen as heroes as by the general populace at the start of any game. But it was seen as a job where you undertook great risks and received a safe place to sleep and good food - which is scarce in their post apocalyptic world

If AGEs are mostly volunteers now are they still treated like trash? Do they still take the comparability test as like an 8 year old? Is that the age range they're expected to volunteer at??

Or are we gonna skip the part where AGEs social status plummets and they're basically treated the same as the old type GEs (treated as normal citizens, some even respect them for their work, mostly volunteers that take the comparability test as a teenager)
I would, if it's okay with everyone else, prefer the latter. That is they're somewhat respected, and mostly volunteers take the test - but there could be some.. what's the word.. those thought to have high compatibility are probably encouraged to take the test

Edit: as @Glass said, younger is still prolly better

Reactions: Glass
What about Revenants, since the reason for why AGEs were treated poorly in GE3 is that they're less than human...I'd think Revenants took that one step further, the not human anymore part

What about Revenants, since the reason for why AGEs were treated poorly in GE3 is that they're less than human...I'd think Revenants took that one step further, the not human anymore part

Well, AGEs are probably treated better than in the games, Revenants are probably seen with varying degrees of suspicion and such, but probably still respected to a point since they are effective and still act like people in most cases

@AriaPsiana389

For you and anyone else who wonders what Weapon parts there are for God Arcs (copied from the Fandom site)
Weapon Types

Short Blade
A quick but weak weapon that allows for the user to be more versatile and mobile than any other weapon available. It also has the best aerial capabilities, thanks to the rise slash air step feature, which allows the user to potentially perform 2 mid-air combos in quick succession. Best suited for quick or aerial enemies.

Long Blade
The standard and most balanced weapon, type; moderate speed and strength are combined for a weapon suitable for any situation. It also has a quick-fire option to fire off a quick bullet while still in sword form.

Buster Blade
One of the most powerful, but undoubtedly the slowest out of all the weapons, this will apply huge amounts of damage with every successful hit, with a big emphasis on blocking rather than dodging as proven with its secondary attack, which is to parry, then to slash upwards with a powerful strike. Usually best to use for slower Aragami (ex. the Quadriga, Garm and Borg Camlann lines).

Charge Spear
Another weapon on the speedy side, this weapon has 2 secondary functions: the first being exactly as the name states; to charge. By holding down the attack button, you can charge your spear to thrust forward with and deal massive damage, while on top of that, increasing damage output for the next combo you perform. You can charge the spear while moving, and even sprinting. It can also allow a cancel by performing a backflip, which also functions as a dodge.

Boost Hammer
The other heavy weapon, its defining factor being the ability to continuously unleash an endless stream of attacks known as the Boost Drive. Befitting its name, the Boost Hammer has a built-in thruster, allowing the wielder to unleash hard hitting, but tiring swings.

Variant Scythe
The Variant Scythe is, as its name implies, a scythe shaped weapon. It is capable of quick combos and has the unique ability to extend and hit any given Aragami multiple times with each movement.

Biting Edge
A new type of God Arc blade introduced in God Eater 3, these blades are unique in that they split the Arc into two short, separate blades, enabling the use of faster attacks than even the Short Blade.

Heavy Moon
A new type of God Arc blade introduced in God Eater 3, the Heavy Moon is a blade in the shape of a crescent.

Assault Gun
One of two firearms that has rounds which allow the user to move while shooting, though these rounds will be significantly weaker than regular bullets, as they apply minimal damage. In exchange, this gun's bullets have a 'feedback' mechanism that allows recovery of Oracle Points.

Sniper Gun
A type of firearm designed for maximum long range efficiency and compatibility with laser-type Bullets, being capable of using scopes in order to shoot from afar. Sniper Criticals are possible with this weapon.

Blast Gun
Blast type firearms are best suited for causing impact damage to an Aragami. They are especially designed so that they are highly proficient at damaging several Aragami at once with their radial and bomb bullets.

Shotgun
The other of two firearms that allow the user to move and shoot. A firearm that is best used close up, as the shells created specifically created for this weapon have a wide spread, thus will be the most efficient at short range. Critical Hits will deal significantly higher damage.

Raygun
A ranged weapon replacing Blast Guns in God Eater 3. These guns fire a "radiation shot", a constant stream which grows stronger the more it is fired. Its power resets after firing a shot, so knowing openings and taking advantage of them is a must in order to master this mode.

There's also Bucklers, Shields, and Tower Shields for the shield part type

Still planning what kind of fighting style I want for them xD I get a little number crunchy with my builds

I would use my own playstyle and put it on my character but my GE3 build and playstyle would be extremely obnoxious when translated onto a character.

I would use my own playstyle and put it on my character but my GE3 build and playstyle would be extremely obnoxious when translated onto a character.
Yeah, getting too meta build just ends up ridiculous. Especially for a roleplay like this. I'll be trying to keep everything in theme and character

Still planning what kind of fighting style I want for them xD I get a little number crunchy with my builds
Also since it's a bit more open, we can do more actiony things

Does this mean I can have a moon that can stay a chainsaw axe for more than 3 seconds.
God-Eater-3_2018_04-26-18_028_600.jpg

Does this mean I can have a moon that can stay a chainsaw axe for more than 3 seconds.
Potentially. May still need to limit it since stamina?

But it doesn't even use stamina in the game

I guess it would just be a situational thing

But it doesn't even use stamina in the game

I guess it would just be a situational thing
It doesn't? Huh. My bad. Probably might can't be the main form just cause it's not in game? How long were you thinking?

Might take me a while to get a character sorted. I have a lot to do right now

@Glass @AriaPsiana389 @Cresion Breezes @Ariel @Jessica2477

I changed the sheet on @Glass recommendation. It adds more, but might make it more fun?
Anyway, you'll need these links probably

Gifts: Gifts - Code Vein
Accel Triggers: [GE3] Accel Trigger Database
Burst Units: [GE3] Burst Unit Database
Burst Arts and info (Variant Scythe version): [GE3] Variant Scythe Overview
Burst Art Effects: [GE3] Burst Art Effect Database

I feel those pages give at least some information on what each is, but if you have a question let me know!

Oh, and since I am here....

@Glass

Jade and Hagani have a romance that starts over their shared protective instinct?