1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Dreams made into RPs

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Ray, Dec 14, 2014.

1. I really love this concept! Was there ever a visual dream you've had where it was just so magnificent that you had to write down all the details of what you saw in your dream and create a roleplay out of it? I've had this happen a few times to me- I must say that I love it when this happens and I'm currently working on creating a roleplay out of one I JUST woke up from! :D

2. This could take a cool horror turn in the way that people would be trapped in a conjoined nightmare and have to escape to reality sort of thing. :D

3. If you've ever had nightmares, yes. That could happen! (:

4. Well, just as a general plot it'd be fascinating to try. :)

5. I understand. However, I don't want to derail the purpose of this thread but if you've ever had a nightmare, you could use that for an idea if you wanted. I'd never use a nightmare I've had because- well, nightmares aren't really something I'd think about making into a roleplay because the initial thought of doing so would freak me out.

6. I once had a dream about a haunted mansion (kind of generic but bear with me) with monsters etcetera.
    Then I found out, in the dream, that it was a link to a parallel universe that was a mirror of ours. While I haven't used it directly, the concept gave me several other ideas, such as Divided (Two worlds that need to be identical to keep terrible things from happening and a rogue dimensional traveler is separating them), and The Pale (a fantasy world and a modern world are on either side of the other's sky, but there's a dimension "between the worlds" called The Pale that most of the RP takes place in). I've never done much with these two ideas, but I might toss them around here sometime, if anyone turned out to be interested.

• Thank Thank x 1
  7. My role plays are based on my dreams with a fair bit of consistency. Usually characters or settings which I then translate into stories via tropes and literary devices before converting into a role play.

ex: Dream of a princess -> Create, use tropes to make it comprehensible -> Edit it -> Place into a setting which I dreamed of and made comprehensible -> Edit it -> Tie together via plot -> Edit it -> Convert to make it player-friendly as a narrative -> Edit it -> Release.

If at any stage of the editing processes it turns out the idea doesn't meet my set of standards, it gets gutted and tossed aside. This happens to... 80% or so of my ideas I'd say? So many ideas with so many hours spent, shot dead by post-review... :(

8. Awww, you poor thing! *huggles* Don't worry about that Brovo! You can always come back to it later or make it into a story or something, right?

9. Right. If you really love an idea, keep working on it until it works. Legend of Renalta took like, 6-7 iterations before it finally stuck... Then it stuck for four years and spawned a sequel.

So, if you love an idea, roll with it.

Just don't be afraid to change it or even toss it out for a little while until you think of a new spin with it.

• Love Love x 1