Dragon Riders - Looking for MxM Partner - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Verona

Original poster
Hello there, dearest readers ^_^ I'm looking to do an MxM RP with those that wouldn't mind a fantasy, dragon riding plot. I haven't actually thought of much in way of plot yet but we can hash that out together. Mostly I just want to use this character I'll show below, but before we get to that, how about a few hints as to who I'm looking for, yes?

First of all, I would like my prospective partner to be pretty well literate, even though we know we all get brain farts or typos or misspelled words every now and again.

Secondly, I would like it if you could post at least once every other day, as the other few RPs I've started have received maybe one reply a WEEK and while I'm willing to wait that long, I don't entirely like it.

On the 'mature' side of the RP, I enjoy some good smut as much as the next person, but would also like plot and character development thrown in there. Most people don't just see each other and start going at it, you know?
I'll experiment with most anything that isn't BDSM or involving bodily waste (ew). Bondage and a bit of powerplay are all right, but I don't really like the dynamics of D/s in that sort of extreme situation. I can play seme or uke, whichever you please, or our characters could switch it up however they like. We'll decide as we go, I suppose.

Anyway! Here he is :) Hope it sounds a bit interesting, at least. Leave a comment or PM me if you're interested :)

Name: Matthis Westerfield

: Can range anywhere from 17-25, depending on your preference/plot ideas

Personality
: Matthis has always had trouble relating to others, and so comes off as a sort of cold or disinterested person at times. He has a unique sort of skill he was born with in that he reads people's expressions, body language, and voice well enough to be a human lie detector. But people lie to each other all the time, even if it's just little white lies, or a hint of omission, and they generally don't like being called out on it. It's always been difficult for Matthis to understand that others don't see what he sees, and he hates lies and lying enough that he comes across as tactless and heartless to those he speaks to. Matthis is nothing like that, though. He detests those that lie constantly, and doesn't like himself for having been forced to do the same. The only time he can be relaxed in someone's company is if they tell him the truth.

History
: Because of his 'special ability' Matthis has never really had friends. He started out life as a happy, go-lucky child, confused by the reactions of people around him, but as he grew older pessimism took its place in his heart. Most people he met would either be annoyed or frightened by his calling them on their lies or half truths, and would abandon him soon after meeting him. Even those that did their best to stick it out didn't last long before he insulted them somehow and damaged their relationship beyond repair.

In response, and out of a desire not to anger or hurt every last person he came in contact with, Matthis drew into his studies as a protection, finding books to be friendlier company, and became almost a recluse for a while, seeing only family and his family's friends, should they come to his home. The times that he went out, he would venture away from town and closer to the woods or small body of water near his home. It was easier to live with himself and not have to lie to people, not have to hold his tongue and smile when he didn't mean it.

At the age of fourteen, when he was hardly a man at all, his house was destroyed in the path of a wildfire, with his family still inside. Matthis managed to get both his mother and sister out of the building, but they died shortly after, and he hardly survived himself. He was lost, after that. Even after his injuries were healed, he hadn't much will to get out of bed. When he finally did, it was only to visit the graves that had been dug for his family. Distressed, he ran without direction into the forests near his village, away from the main roads, and soon found himself lost.

Without any sense of where he should go, and with nothing to run to if he even knew the way home, Matthis only laid down on the forest floor, and did nothing. It was late into the night, when the temperature had dropped too low to be safe, that he was found by one of the most fearsome creatures known to man - an untamed dragon. Far from attacking, though, the dragon curled around the boy to keep him warm, after a bit of sniffing and general exploration of him. The dragon was young, but still large enough to push Matthis up to his feet and support him on his way home.

Understandably, after that, the two formed a strong bond, faster than even the men and women paired up with their mounts at dragon riding academies. Matthis' wasn't quite so dark or secluded, after receiving a partner he would have with him for life. It was comforting to know that he would always have someone to lean on, even if that someone was 'just' a dragon, but recovery for him was still difficult, and it was years before he had himself and his life back together, living only with the help of a family friend that was loyal to his parents and knew him.

With his scholarly activities, and the added attention from his skill in riding his dragon, Matthis was invited to a prestigious academy at a young age. He accepted only because he could bring his dragon with him, and because there was nothing left for him in his hometown anyway. He set hard to work at the academy just as he had in his younger years, mostly alone, and with his dragon for company.
((Depending on your preferred age or setting, Matthis may still be attending the academy or may have moved on somewhere else. We can decide together))

Other
: Matthis has become a sort of oddity among those that know of him, even if they don't know his name. Having to hold back the truths he sees and sometimes fake his own personality stresses him out, and to blow off steam he'll go flying with his dragon. With complete and total trust in his scaley friend, he attempts risky stunts meant for those much more experienced themselves. More intriguing than that, he will fly straight up into the air, high as he can reasonably go while still breathing well, and just let himself fall. He'll spin or twist or perform some sort of aerial acrobatics on his way down, at times, but the solitary sound of just the wind in his ears and the sensation of falling help to calm him, as well as the trust he must put in his dragon to catch him safely before he hits the ground. It's just how he blows off steam, and others think it dangerous, brave, or simply stupid.
Kasuka Heiwajima.jpg
(Or a bit older)
Ikki_(AMNESIA)_full_1481528.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.