Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
  3. Primarily Nonbinary
Hello there! I have been playing a lot of Dragon Age: Inquisition and have been gushing about the games a lot lately and i have grown a huge urge to roleplay it! I have played Origins and 2 as well, and my muse for them run high too! Now, i do have some rules that must be followed, so i'll explain them now!

Rules:

1. I love roleplays where we both play an OC and each other's love interest! It makes it all the more interesting!

2. For my Oc, i prefer BxB. Though if you want to make your Oc a female, you may. I just like my Ocs to be homosexual, and I am much better at roleplaying men! (Example: My oc, who is a male, with Dorian while your oc, which could be female, could be with Cullen! I hope that makes sense!)

3. I am a semi-advanced to advanced roleplayer, so i would expect you to be as well. Meaning no less than eight sentences. I understand low muse, so tell me if a muse shortage strikes!

4. Please use proper grammar and know your sentence structure. What i mean is no run on sentences and know the difference between 'their' and 'there'.

5. Please be active and post at least once a day!

6. If you have any plot ideas, please do not be afraid to tell me about them! I love hearing other people's ideas!

There, with my rules out of the way, we can continue! I have managed to think up the pretty cool idea for Inqusition if you would be interested in hearing it, but we can always plot together instead! Just tell me which game you want to focus our roleplay on and we can go from there!

Reactions: Tadwinks
Hi! I'm not typically very good at rping canon characters (I'm too scared I'll write them very ooc), but I'd be willing to give it a shot with DA, I'm replaying Inquisition (again) and I'd love to hear the plot you have for that.

Hello!

Honestly, I understand the concern with roleplaying Canon characters (i get that way sometimes too), but that is why I don't stress 110% accuracy (it's nice, of course, but seeing people put themselves into characters can be a little more endearing!).

As for the idea I had, I'll put it in a spoiler below! If it isn't exactly your taste, I'm totally up for plotting together!

So for this plot, your character (male or female—does not bother me) is the inquisitor and my babe is someone they call the 'Fade Wolf'. They would call him this because much like the Inquisitor, he has a mark on his hand—an anchor if you will. It gives him the ability to summon demons and spirits from the fade that will listen to him. He has the voices of the fade within his head (much like the Well of Sorrows if you choose to make your inquisitor drink from it), often giving him insight into the future as well. The downside of his anchor is that it is slowly driving him insane--voices in your head tend to do that, of course. He gets the pains as well, but his pain is more mental than physical. He is almost like a myth, but the Inquisition deems him a noteworthy ally and go after him. They find him and bring him back to Skyhold as an asset to use against Corphyeus. His real name is unknown, his physical appearance stays masked, but he is indeed a smart man who knows what he is doing. The plot is that the Inquisitor and the Fade Wolf are now both tasked with defeating Corypheus, as well as the other threats that loom over them. This is a rather basic plot mind you, so we can totally plot together and make it stronger!

Alright, that's certainly a plot I can work with! I apologise for the delay in responding, I'm new to the site and forgot to watch the thread T_T.

I'm mostly interested in when you want to start this thread, at what point in the story. You mentioned Skyhold, so I'm assuming after the attack on Haven? And how much information would you want on my character? Because I have an inquisitor in mind for this whom I love, so I might need a more structured way of talking about him to save from rambling!

You are fine dear! I'm also new to this site, so I understand!

And yes! After Haven, preferably! My boy would have been there for Haven, but I feel like when they get to Skyhold is always a great place to start!
as for information wise, i'm down for hearing as much as you wish to give! I also have a lot of information on my character, so it would just depend on how much you wish to explain!

Okay, I won't be back on my computer until tomorrow, so I'll be able to write everything up then. Maybe in the meantime I could hear about your character?

Reactions: -Otter-
Alright! I'm still not sure how fancyposts on here work, so i'll put his bio and info in a spoiler!

2F0EE439-E166-40E6-ACBE-BD43FE473DB2.png
Full Name: Zaos Aethellan, but he keeps his name a secret

Nickname(s): Answers strictly to "Fade Wolf"

Gender/Pronouns: Cisgender Male (He/They)

Sexuality: Homosexual Homoromantic

Positive Traits: Kind, Quiet, Gentle, Mediator, Great listener, Optimistic, Observant, Intelligent, Quick thinker, Protective

Negative Traits: Introverted, Secluded, Secretive, Skittish, Stressed easily, Emotionally unstable, Distant, Disregards his own health, Emotional, Exhausts easily

Overall Personality: Zaos is the type to keep to himself. He does not speak unless spoken to, and even then he speaks few words. He is an observer, taking in that around him to work through situations. He has a lot of inner conflict, but hardly any of that is known since he bottles everything up. He will do anything to keep Corypheus from obtaining his goal to walk in the fade, even if it puts his life at risk. He sees it as he needs to keep going no matter how exhausted he gets. No matter how injured, he must push on. He is determined, always wanting to do his best in order to keep those around him safe. He has a knack for over exerting himself in the process, but he hardly cares--so long as everyone is safe, he has no regard for his own health. Zaos gives off an extremely mysterious aura due to him keeping nearly all of his life a secret (including his name), but that is far from his actual personality. If given the chance, he will come out of his shell with ease. He is observant, keeping tabs on what people like and how they carry themselves. He is in tune with his emotions and with those around him, which gives him the ability to read a room quickly. He is a wonderful mediator, preferring to talk out conflict than fight. He is a gentle soul with a crippling past and heavy trauma, but he tries his best. Now, around his crush, he tends to act very different. He tends to cling onto said person, wether it be by holding onto their arm or simply standing by them. He talks much more around them, usually useless babble and rambling about how he wants to stop the breach from spreading and whatnot.

Skills: Zaos is proficient in fire magic, as well as archery. He is a natural born potion maker as well!

Class: Zaos is a mage!

Disorders/Illnesses: Aside from the Anchor on his right arm that is slowly driving him to insanity, none

Fears/Phobias: Zaos has an intense fear of being abandoned, as well as a fear of losing those he cares for

Height/Weight: Stands at roughly 5'8, and weighs about 140Lb

Body Build: Zaos is thin, lithe, and not horribly muscular. He definitely has some muscle on him, but it is not easily seen unless he is undressed.

Accessories: He always wears a cloak that conceals his identity--it drapes to the floor, and the hood covers all but his mouth

Notable Features: When his face is seen, his piercing blue eyes, freckles, and ears are most noticeable

Injuries: Zaos has a scar across the bridge of his nose from a childhood accident, a notch in his left ear, and a large scar across his back

History: Unknown to the Inqusition; As a young lad, Zaos was cast aside by his tribe. He was a bastard son between his mother, a simple basket weaver, and his father, the seeker's son. The tribes were rivals, so it came out as worse on their innocent child. His father had run away from his tribe in order to look after his son, but his mother stayed in her clan out of fear set in her by her own seeker. His father gave his his vallaslin when he was a mere 12 years old (to allow him to blend into another tribe if he so chose to join), just before he was hunted down and killed. The young elf was told by his father's murderers to leave and never return, and that is exactly what he did. Zaos fled to the Korkari wildes, gaining the help of an old witch who he stumbled upon. He was sick and dying when she found him, taking him under her wing and bringing him back to full health. She taught him everything he needed to know, sending him on his way soon after. When he finally turned 27 (he had been living in the wildes by himself and trying to gather information about his mother), he went back to his clan to find out what happened go his mother. As it would turn out, Corypheus was marching through at that point, using a blue orb to summon warriors from the fade. In order to stop such a catastrophe, Zaos lunged and grabbed the orb, creating the anchor on his right hand. Next thing he knew, he was laying in a field of corpses; the corpses of his mother's tribe. Fleeing back to his hut in the Wildes, he slowly learned to master his ability and to coincide with the voices in his mind. Rumors about him began to spread--calling him the Fade Wolf for his immense connection to the fade, another Herald of Andraste--he was spoke of as if he were a myth. It was not long after that Cassandra Pendragon was at his door with a few others, asking him to join their cause and defeat Corphyeus. He agreed hastily, hungry for revenge against the man who stripped him of her mother's clan.

Weapons: He carries a beautiful staff with him, as well as a bow and arrows just in case

Love Life: his Primary love interest is Dorian Pavus, but Cullen is also an option

Family: All of Zaos' family are deceased, but his mother's name was Liawen and his father's was Sorith

Headcanons:

- Zaos has yet to tell anyone his name, much less reveal anything about his past
- The only person who has seen his face is the Inquisitor
- He has the Mthyal Vallaslin
- His ears are a bit larger than the normal elf's
- The scar on his nose is from when his father was training with him and got a little too close with his staff
- Zaos rides an Tirashan Swiftwindnamed Atish'an (Means Peace in Dalish)
- Has a wonderful knack for finding herbs at the most inopportune times, but will gather them anyway
- He has freckles all over his face, but they are most concentrated around his cheeks, forehead, nose, and shoulders
- The scar on his back was obtained when he stopped Corypheus the first time
- Zaos hides his identity to protect him from Corypheus--the last thing he needs is that man knowing who he is
- Can be found in one of the abandoned towers of Skyhold reading or crafting potions
- His room, while not as luxurious as the Inquisitors, is still very nice
- He doesn't sleep on the large bed in his room--he sleeps in his loft or in a nest by the fireplace in his room
- While he is extremely attractive, he does not think so
- His Dalish accent gets thicker when he is angry or sad
- While he can control warriors from the Fade, it tires him out extremely fast
- Can make a mean flower crown
- He stutters when he is nervous, and often forgets words in english so Dalish finds it's way into his sentences
- Mildly aloof to flirting--he isn't used to that kind of attention

Character's Theme Song: This Is War by Five Seconds to Mars

Uhm, is this meant to be a group rp or no? It's in the group rp sections but it sounds like you were gunning for a 1x1, so I'm not sure what the intention is.

Uhm, is this meant to be a group rp or no? It's in the group rp sections but it sounds like you were gunning for a 1x1, so I'm not sure what the intention is.
Hello! This is a plotting thread for 1x1, and I could not find that plotting area at first! I found it now, but the thread is already here lol. I'm super new to the site so i'm still working on locating everything.
That being said, if you'd like to plot that's awesome! It would just be for a thread between us though!

Okay, your character looks great! Do you mind if I use your format for the character info?

Okay, your character looks great! Do you mind if I use your format for the character info?
Thank you! I'm glad you like him! And by all means go right ahead!

Hello! This is a plotting thread for 1x1, and I could not find that plotting area at first! I found it now, but the thread is already here lol. I'm super new to the site so i'm still working on locating everything.
That being said, if you'd like to plot that's awesome! It would just be for a thread between us though!

You can just ask for the thread to be moved to the 1x1 partner requests :) https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/form/thread-moderation.2/select

Okay! Here's a work in progress form, I'll probably finish it later tonight/early tomorrow.

d1yg1k4-d3f135cc-41fa-4e9e-95b3-689b662bc82b.jpg

(Credit for the art goes to Hellstern on Deviantart.)
Full Name: Leopold Fabian Trevelyan-Wulff.
Nickname(s): Leo is his main nickname, though he's not opposed to whatever someone might call him.
Gender/Pronouns: Cisgender Male (he/him pronouns)
Sexuality: Asexual Biromantic.

Positive Traits: Confident; Persuasive; Curious; Brave; Perceptive; Honest.
Negative Traits: Reckless; Stubborn; Irresponsible; Arrogant; Blunt; Prying.
Overall Personality: Leo is very well defined by his place as a youngest sibling - though he is outgoing, he does not take to responsibility easily and his confidence can easily turn to recklessness, he's more than capable of reading a room but often chooses to voice his opinion anyway despite recognising that it may not help the situstion. This and his dislike for others having authority over him did not put him in good stead for being a templar and listening to orders, the only reason he agreed to go to the conclave was so that he could perhaps see his sister. His general disposition does not make him well suited to be Inquisitor either, certainly not in the early days of the inqusition. He will eventually learn to settle his eagerness, take a step back and listen to others, but he has yet to fully grasp the abilities of a good leader, especially in high-stress situations.
Skills: He is proficient with sword and shield, and trained enough as a templar to be able to sense magic/magical artefacts (though he cannot distinguish between types of magic as a more skilled templar or a mage would).
Class: Warrior.
Disorders/Illnesses: The anchor is the only prominent/long-standing injury/illness he has.
Fears/Phobias: As foolish as it sounds, he does fear magic. He has not let this cloud his judgement on mages, though, he just knows it can be utilised for less than honourable goals.

Height/Weight: 5'11", he's an average weight for his height.
Body Build: Of an average height, he isn't one to seem imposing, but he is more muscled than most given his frequent weapons training.
Accessories: He has a signet ring of his mother's family, she gave it to him to take when he left for templar training.
Notable Features: Dark hair, green eyes, and his self-assured posture are the most likely things to be noted about him.
Injuries: He has limited physical injuries from the incident at the conclave, though at the start of the rp is likely still recovering from injuries sustained when Haven was attacked.
History: As the third son of two prominent families, Leo's life was always very much decided for him. Unless something drastic happened to his older brothers, he would not inherit anything from his parents. It didn't help that he was so much younger than both of them, with Bernard being ten years older and Cailan being seven years older, he was always very much separate from them in schooling, interests and prospects in life. His father took very little notice in the boy, as he lived with his mother in south-western Ferelden for much of his childhood. His sister was a true friend, however, they were similar in age and both were considered 'spare' children of their family. Many an ambitious prank or great mess could be tracked back to Arlessa Yvonne's youngest children. Happy times cannot last forever for most, soon enough his sister showed magical ability and as much as the children tried to keep it a secret, she was found out and sent to one of the various circles under the southern chantry's control. Having been promised to the Templar Order since being a young child, Leo was sent to Ostwick to train there, in the span of a few years all he knew had been turned on its head. Though he excelled in combat, he was not eager to do the duties of a templar, nor did he appreciate the abuses of power by other templars. He did not have chance to undergo his vigil when he was ordered to go the the conclave with his mentor and various others of the order, and the ensuing chaos has ensured that he never need to return to the order again if he doesn't wish to.
Weapons: Sword and shield. He has enough training to wield a double-handed weapon but prefers not to.
Love Life: This isn't his primary concern right now, though I'm 90% sure that in his playthrough he romanced Josephine?
Family: He isn't very close to most of his family. His parents (Klaus Trevelyan and Yvonne Wulff) are both nobles, his father being based in Ostwick and his mother based in western Ferelden after she inherited land there. His eldest half-brother (Bernard) will inherit their father's lands, his other older brother (Cailan) will inherit his mother's lands and is currently a diplomatic envoy for Ferelden. His sister (Isolde) was the closest to him, but she was found to be a mage and sent to a circle when she was twelve and Leo was ten. He didn't manage to see his sister at the conclave and hopes that she is alright in the midst of this war.

Headcanons:
- Dislikes Ostwick, though it's his home it just reminds him of the responsibilities to his family he's shirked. He's honestly thankful for becoming the Inquisitor, because without it he would have had no way of escaping the duty his family pushed upon him.
- Incessantly curious about things, especially magic. He seeks to understand why it is his sister was taken away from him. She was never aggressive nor was her magic, so why was it necessary to lock her up and for the family to all but forget about her? I want to say she was put in an Orlesian circle to ensure that there was little contact with her family, and maybe she's been hiding out somewhere in the Emerald Graves/Exalted Plains area so Leo could see her again?
- Alternatively, she could have been made tranquil at some point, so when Cassandra finds there's a cure for tranquility, Leo would absolutely push for that to be made known & try to convince it to be used on his sister?
- His brother Cailan could be a representative of Ferelden to Skyhold? Cue an awkward family reunion?
- I found these super detailed maps of Ferelden and Orlais by RuBecSo (I think that was the name) on DeviantArt. Leo's family is based in the Western Hills Arling in Ferelden, so maybe if we don't go with the plot above, perhaps Leo has to go home and try to gain the monetary/military support of his family? Since it's quite close to the Hinterlands, it wouldn't be too much outside of the game's environment.
- I feel like he doesn't much mind all the attention that being Inquisitor brings him, he's half-decent as a figurehead, he just hates making decisions with the weight that it brings in that role.
- If he's not in the war room, mulling over the next plan of action, he can often be found on the battlements above the garden.
- At the point the rp starts, I feel like he would have sided with the mages (mostly because he doesn't want to see any templars who may know him, and because he hoped his sister would be with the mages). Of course he would have argued with Cullen over this plan, especially since Leo being a templar recruit would be common knowledge (at least among the inner circle).
- I think that's all I can think of for now. Might add more later & let me know if I've missed anything out!

Last edited:

You can just ask for the thread to be moved to the 1x1 partner requests :) https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/form/thread-moderation.2/select
THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A SWEETHEART <3

Okay! Here's a work in progress form, I'll probably finish it later tonight/early tomorrow.

d1yg1k4-d3f135cc-41fa-4e9e-95b3-689b662bc82b.jpg

(Credit for the art goes to Hellstern on Deviantart.)
Full Name: Leopold Fabian Trevelyan.
Nickname(s): Leo is his main nickname, though he's not opposed to whatever someone might call him.
Gender/Pronouns: Cisgender Male (he/him pronouns)
Sexuality: Asexual Biromantic.

Positive Traits: Confident; Persuasive; Curious; Brave; Perceptive; Honest.
Negative Traits: Reckless; Stubborn; Irresponsible; Arrogant; Blunt; Prying.
Overall Personality: Leo is very well defined by his place as a youngest sibling - though he is outgoing, he does not take to responsibility easily and his confidence can easily turn to recklessness, he's more than capable of reading a room but often chooses to voice his opinion anyway despite recognising that it may not help the situstion. This and his dislike for others having authority over him did not put him in good stead for being a templar and listening to orders, the only reason he agreed to go to the conclave was so that he could perhaps see his sister. His general disposition does not make him well suited to be Inquisitor either, certainly not in the early days of the inqusition. He will eventually learn to settle his eagerness, take a step back and listen to others, but he has yet to fully grasp the abilities of a good leader, especially in high-stress situations.
Skills: He is proficient with sword and shield, and trained enough as a templar to be able to sense magic/magical artefacts (though he cannot distinguish between types of magic as a more skilled templar or a mage would).
Class: Warrior.
Disorders/Illnesses: The anchor is the only prominent/long-standing injury/illness he has.
Fears/Phobias: As foolish as it sounds, he does fear magic. He has not let this cloud his judgement on mages, though, he just knows it can be utilised for less than honourable goals.

Height/Weight: 5'11", he's an average weight for his height.
Body Build: Of an average height, he isn't one to seem imposing, but he is more muscled than most given his frequent weapons training.
Accessories: He has a signet ring of his mother's family, she gave it to him to take when he left for templar training.
Notable Features: Dark hair, green eyes, and his self-assured posture are the most likely things to be noted about him.
Injuries: He has limited physical injuries from the incident at the conclave, though at the start of the rp is likely still recovering from injuries sustained when Haven was attacked.
History: work in progress, i know this but getting it written down eloquently will take a bit.
Weapons: Sword and shield. He has enough training to wield a double-handed weapon but prefers not to.
Love Life: This isn't his primary concern right now, though I'm 90% sure that in his playthrough he romanced Josephine?
Family: He isn't very close to most of his family. His parents (Klaus Trevelyan and Yvonne Mosley) are both nobles, his father being based in Ostwick and his mother based in western Ferelden after she inherited land there. His eldest half-brother (Bernard) will inherit their father's lands, his other older brother (Cailan) will inherit his mother's lands and is currently a diplomatic envoy for Ferelden. His sister (Isolde) was the closest to him, but she was found to be a mage and sent to a circle when she was twelve and Leo was ten. He didn't manage to see his sister at the conclave and hopes that she is alright in the midst of this war.

Headcanons:
- Dislikes Ostwick, though it's his home it just reminds him of the responsibilities to his family he's shirked. He's honestly thankful for becoming the Inquisitor, because without it he would have had no way of escaping the duty his family pushed upon him.
- wip for now.
I LOVE HIM??? SO MUCH?? Oh Leo and Zaos are gonna be such a Power duo I can sMell it—
Also i can 10/10 play Josephine as his love interest! Lucky for me, I am oBsessed with her and I think I have her mannerisms down pat!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug
Alright! I've finished his form (or I think so at least), let me know if I've missed anything out or if you want to know more about him! & that's great, I'll have to practice a bit before I get Dorian's character down fully, but I'm sure it will be fine.

All the plot ideas for Leo are so good?? He's so good??? I just love him so much oH my god
But yes I can totally see Zaos and Leo becoming extremely close for several reasons (plus it would be super funny to see everyone think they are romantically involved to watch these two fumble and try to explain otherwise to their real crushes lol)

Ah, thank you! I do love him a lot (he's the closest thing I have to a 'canon' inquisitor), and what do you think are the best options from the plots I suggested? I'm really torn on what I should have happen to his sister - I definitely want them reunited at some point though.

Plot wise, I do think his sister would make an interesting one!
Depending on how sad you want it, she could be Tranquil and perhaps die in the process of trying to reverse it, or she could be reversed and they could be together again!
I also think him going home would stir stuff for both Leo and Zaos, seeing as his mother's clan was slaughtered around the Frostback Basin area!

Yeah, I guess I just have to decide how angsty I want it. & that could be brought into the rp then, or if we brought elements of Jaws of Hakkon we could bring that backstory element in then instead?

That is really true! The Jaws of Hakkon backstory is really good! But it is whichever one you want to do! I can adapt Zaos to whatever is going on!