Down and Out {Dip/Soulpelt}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie smiled, and tahnked him for the beatiful flowers. She was less stoned than the night before, thankfully, and she could now show proper emotions. The sceaming morphine alarms were out of tune in their choir, but Eddie didn't pay no mind to it. She had an idea, and it was an idea of an idea. If Relac was smelling how excited she was, she must have llooked atleast ten times it. She was a little put off by the leg comment, thought. What? How else were they suppose to feel? They were numb, sure, and a little stubby, but that wasn't the point. " Huh? Good, yeah, good. But! Hey, Relac! I need your opinion on something, " Eddie started. She used her hands to paint the image that she had thought of in the dead of night.

It wasn't going to be anything spectacular, and Relac might have sensed it coming from a mile away, but Eddie spoke of it like it was a painting, or a work of art. It would take week, months to even get the idea off of the ground, but it would be so worth it in the end. Eddie was bracing herself to tell this, because she knew that it would take lots of meticulous planning for this. Lot's of planning, really. It would be surprising to have the idea be successful at all, but even so, it didn't stop her from hoping.

" Alright, " She started. " I... I want to be my dad some day, " She started. She then went through the idea front and back, and she was quite sure that it would work. " Relac, " Eddie started up, " I need you to teach me something-- ANYTHING about fighting. Please? I know I might be asking a lot from you, even with the legs and all, " Eddie had also asked him about the offer he brought up on the legs. She had made a choice, and she chose that she needed them. She didn't tell him everything about her plans, but she will, all in due time.

Relac cocked his head to the side let out a happy growl. "Teach you how to fight?" He looked down at his clawed hands, strong enough tear iron. "That maybe be difficult. My peoples fighting styles revolve around our teeth and claws..." He studied her some. "Your father would be the best person to ask I would think. At least to start out." He ran a claw along his chin. He looked back down at her stubs. A cheap pair of cyberlegs would be about 3,000 Credits, nearly three months pay for him, without his employee discount. With it being 1,500 decaCredits. "Also it would depend on what kind of fighting you would wish to do. Mixed Martial Arts, Intergalactic Sparring.... or even the Charon Deathclubs."

"I do like your idea. It could work very easily." He grinned as best he could and let out another pleased growl. "The legs will cost 1,500 C with my discount." He looked back up into her eyes and saw the determination. The same determination that had driven her kind to the stars. "I say let us do it. What's that qoute from the ancient Hobbit book? 'I am going an adventure!'?"

Eddie nodded. She was probably going to get a little ahead of herself here. Sure, she could easily pay for the legs, but it was everything else she needed to do. What kind of battling? Her father did plenty of it, sure, but Eddie wanted to do something differently. She wanted to something that was so new, and so unlike anything else. It was great that she was a history buff, because she could possibly resurrect a sport from human history.

"I can get the money," She said. "I'll have my dad help me with the basics, but Relac, can you teach me some?" She asked. "All I want, really, is for you to teach me." She smiled at the book quote. She loved that book, almost like The Great Gatsby or The Hunger Games. Human's had a weird hold on history back then.

Relac nodded. "I can do my best. I just have the basic R'usicsa and Fyxus style knowledge. Those are the basic arts every one of my people know. I have small knowledge of the Sic-us style, a military art , my father taught me some of it before I moved here to Earth." He looked out the window of her room, watching some of the rich hover cars fly in the distance. "It would be best to find other teachers as well, learn the styles of the Ducila, Esciads and Gurands. Those three would be best for you at the moment."

He looked back to Eddie. "The doctors said you would be released tomorrow correct?" He asked, his mind going through shipping times and prices. Tomorrow they were expected to get some older Transient Inc model legs, a bit more expensive than the generic brands but were stronger, had better reaction times and usually could be modified in some way. "We are getting some old Transient Inc. model legs. They would be more expensive but they would be better than any generic brand." Transient Inc. was a human created company that endorsed the idea that cybernetic would save humanity in the long run. Their CEO was nearly 200 years old, being little more than brain in a cybernetic body.

Relac looked to the clock and frowned slightly. His lunch break was almost over. He had about ten minutes left. "I will need to head back to work in ten minutes. I am sorry Eddie, I am off tomorrow. Maybe I can see you when you get released from here." He grinned, this time getting it better. "Anything else you wanted to talk about?"

Eddie, truthfully, was said that she could be released later that night, but she didn't bother telling him that. He'd spent too much time dealing with her, he needed to get back with his own work. "I'm just fine," She said, folding her hands on her lap. " Thank you, Relac, thank you a ton. I'll get you the money tomorrow," She said. Eddie didn't want to continue asking questions, but she knew one thing; the only place in New York that sold-- or even expected-- Transient Inc. legs was at LlyaB's Trading Post and Cyber-Robotinics Expo. Or, Llyab, for short. She had been there once before, only to pick up some modified shells for her Helixian Tortoise.

Her tortoise was just like any other turtle, really. It only had a few minor differences. It had two extra legs, like a shelled spider, and was roughly the size of a medium lap dog, and a second mouth right under it's jaw. It moved at great speeds, and made a perfect body guard. Well, if she had anything to guard, that was. She named her turtle respectively after all of those traits, and that name was... Felix. Felix 'Sarsaparilla' Fay the Helixian Tortoise.

Eddie watched him leave and she sighed. She didn't know much about the alien's culture, but she doubted Hospitality was a notable trait. She decided that she liked him. She smiled as he slithered out of the room, and that's when she put her first plan into action. Not much time later when Relac left, Eddie headed off, too. They gave her a modified hover chair, but it was touchy and hard to manage. Eddie hovered, albeit hesitantly, to her destination.

It was morning now, Eddie hadn't slept since she left the hospital. She was waist deep (her waist wasn't that far anymore) in dusty textbooks from the early historical years, where her kind mastered the art of scribing as best as they could with what they had. She had books from the late 1950's to the early 2020's. She knew that what she wanted was long dead now, but she knew exactly how she was to do it. It was sometime around 6 AM, and Eddie was making a breakthrough.

When she left the hospital, they gave her the bag she had when the accident occurred, and she put it to good use. Filling it with nothing but the needed and the necessary, she headed off with two goals in mind. 1) Get Felix some more food for Felix, and 2) Having Relac help her more than necessary. She had no doubt he'd be in his little cove at Llyab, so she decided to hover over.

Relac was helping a Sulard picked out a bionic arm when he saw Eddie hover into the store. He wore a blue shirt with green 'Tron line' on the arms along with black pant with the same color lines. He excused himself from the customer, apologizing several times and spoke when he finally got to her. "Hello Eddie. I am surprised that you are here. They must have released you early." He moved to the side so she could get inside completely.

He looked to his boss, LlyaB, and called over, "My friend I told you about has arrived. The legs are in the back, correct?" The alien nodded and helped the Sulard. "Follow me." He started towards a large sliding door that lead the the supply back of the shop. "How do you feel?" He could see 'bags', as humans called them, under he eyes. Had she been up all night? Doing what?

Eventually they reached the legs. They were very nice looking, sleek chromite-Admant main body with silver lines going along the fully articulated feet. The top housed the universal nerve readers that allowed anyone to use them. However they were also slightly damaged on the outside. A black scorch mark on the left foot, a gouge running down the right leg. Not very pretty but still very much functional. "What do you think?" He asked Eddie with an appreciative growl. 'The internals are still fully functional, the only damage is the gouge and burn mark." He knew she couldn't be very picky.

Eddie came into the shop with Relac, and she inspected the legs excitedly. The only thing that seemed off was one thing: They were too big. They looked like they could fit at a distance, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed. Just a few modifications, and that's all. Eddie realized that she forgot to answer his question earlier, so she went on with what he asked before. "Huh? me? I'm fine- great, I'm good." She was obviously hyped up on galactic coffee beans, that was for sure. She made a great discovery, and she didn't get a lick of sleep.

"Relac, Relac, those are great!" She smiled wildly, looking from the legs toward the other and back again. Eddie quickly left her spot on the hover chair, and moved atop of the work table. She grabbed her bag, and opened it up quickly. "You won't believe what I did last night," She started, pulling out book after book. Boxers Start Up: The Book, Workouts from Boxing's Greatest Champs, Boxing: The Complete Guide to Training and Fitness, Boxing Basics: The Techniques and Knowledge Needed to Excel in the Sport of Boxing. They were old. Older than time, really, with dusty covers and ripped pages. But those weren't even the half of the books she brought along.

Eddie placed the books on the table, and she pulled out an omnipod from her bag. It was a small rectangle, that seemed to be far more advanced than most things she carried. It was a school issued one, so she couldn't keep it. "I was looking at some fighting techniques, like you told me, and I actually found some-- well, along, of fighting styles that Humans created!" She set up her omnpod to Projector mode, and showed him an example of a sport she was interested in: Boxing.

"It's from an old movie my ancestors used to enjoy. It's called, ROCKY III."

Status
Not open for further replies.