GROUP RP PLOTTING Dogs of War

H

Hounds

Original poster
9b3bb0f1-3fca-4267-b9ce-f666d4c49e4b.jpg
cacdbd49-cd5a-420c-a52e-7c2f6abfed7e.jpg

The year in the 2037 medical teams made several advances in gene mapping which allowed for enhancements to the human body, while this was initially meant for medical purposes it was long before military agencies decided it would be better suited for their own needs. They orginially saw it as a way to produce new super soldiers that could be used for covert operations, unfortunately the end result were far from what they had hoped to accomplish. Not only was the cost to create these soldiers exceedingly expensive but their performance in the field was less than adequate. Due to countless countless failures the project was eventually scrapped, three years later Private Contractors came out with their own brand of modified soldiers, while they too were far from being considered a super soldier their abilites were still remarkable compared to previous attemps. Nick named "Dogs of War" they were used in high risk operations that other military forces have deemed unsafe for their own troops, for the most part their tasks include flushing out enemy forces, running preemptive strikes against suspected terrorist activities and infiltrating enemy lines to clear the way for allied forces. While they are often thought of as cannon fodder with an extremely low life expectency the pay is more than enough to bring in new recruits.

I currently need help on where the event will take place, I intend for this to be an alternate reality rp with the main conflict taking place in a country that has recently broken out into a civil war. All ideas are welcome if you have any questions over this rp please feel free to ask.

Interesting, I could help you if you wanted.

What in particular do you need help developing?

mainly the setting, having trouble figuring out where I would place the conflict and why there even is conflict, should it be a war between two countries a civil war revolution etc.
I have the who, what and when just need the where, and why for it. I want it to take place along the western hemisphere around southern to central america.

Start a war you say? I can figure something out. Give me a day or two.

kk not in any rush RL is calling at the moment but should have more time this weekend

Here's an idea. Colombia is in shambles. After a fierce campaign President Moreno was declared the victor. His opponent had run on a platform of cleaning up government corruption. The victory was by less than one tenth of a percent. Soon allegations of a rigged election become rampant, and people take to the streets. Soon military leaders begin speaking out for an against the president. The two sides quickly polarize, and soon a full scale war erupts. The country is torn apart, and chaos reigns. The two factions can only control so much territory, and soon Venezuelan backed Marxist guerrillas, and drug lords take control of some of the less developed areas of the country. The united States An important ally of Colombia watches in horror as their most important ally in South America goes up in flames. The U.S. wants to help, but has overstretched itself militarily. So the U.S. petitions the United Nations to intervene. The UN sends peace keeping forces, but they are overwhelmed. The UN in desperation contracts the largest private contracting company in the world.

Okay, I know It's poorly written, but I'm doing this in class right now. I wanted to give you enough ammo to work with, but then i realized after it was done that I may have added to much conflict. Anyways what do you think?

that could work I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow thanks for the help really appreciate it

Years later Colombia is in shambles, President Moreno is accused of rigging the presidency campaign after the poll results were televised relieving a margin too close to be considered coincidence. Rioters took to the streets demanding the Moreno step down from office, when he refused all hell broke loose. Soon after military leaders begin to stand against the President leading to an all-out war between the President and his own people; split in two the country is unable to stop the growing crime rate. Drug Lords begin to invade the country's rural areas. The U.S. watches in horror as the country and former ally is torn apart from the inside out. With their own forces spread thin the U.S. petitions the UN to send forces to re-establish peace in Columbia, when their forces arrive they are overwhelmed by rioters and cartel, within weeks they were driven out. With no other options the UN begrudingly drafts a private military contract with a recently developed PMC company know as Colossus, while they are still a little know company their DOW's have proven quiet efficent in covert operations.

Tasked with assassinating the Colombian President by any means necessary Colossus troops are to infiltrate the country through the border of Panama. From there they are to make their way to Quibdo where they will meet up with a local guerilla group. In exchange for safe passage to Salento Colossos has agreed to supply the guerillas with state of the art fire arms and an additional two millions in funds. From there the group is make the rest of the trek on foot until they reach the Capital of Bogotá avoiding both the Cartels and the Colombian Military in the process.

kk after much revising I've finally finished the plot, I hope my first rp tunrs out well and thank you DoomOtter and TK for helping me with this.

In the year 2037 medical teams around the country began researching a new gene modifying drug that once introduced into the body would be able to isolate and modify genetic sequences, and by extension enhance a person's body to combat all illnesses. Soon after this 'miracle drug' was announced the military stepped in and confiscated all research and data related to the drug. They had hoped to engineer their own version of the drug that could be given to soldiers; they wanted the drug to focus solely on enhancing the body physique. They hoped that by doing this they could create their own super soldier, which would be able to outperform any and all enemy forces. But when the medical trials began they found that not only was the drug ineffective in most cases the cost needed to synthesize the drug was exceedingly expensive.

With the budget blown to hell and a success rate of less than 5% the project was eventually shelved and all personnel rotated to new assignments. As the years ticked by word of the miracle drug eventually faded into memory before being forgotten completely. In 2043 however a new PMC company known as Colossus made their big debut in a private weapons convention where they announced their new weapon the "Dogs of War" a super soldier prototype designed by the company's own research teams. Although they are still an incomplete version of what the military had originally wanted the results were more than enough to turn heads. It wasn't long before the company skyrocketed to the top making rivals along the way.

Years later Colombia is in shambles, President Moreno is accused of rigging the presidency campaign after the poll results were televised relieving a margin too close to be considered coincidence. Rioters took to the streets demanding the Moreno step down from office, when he refused all hell broke loose. Soon after military leaders begin to stand against the President leading to an all-out war between the President and his own people; split in two the country is unable to stop the growing crime rate. Drug Lords begin to invade the country's rural areas. The U.S. watches in horror as the country and former ally is torn apart from the inside out. With their own forces spread thin the U.S. petitions the UN to send forces to re-establish peace in Columbia, when their forces arrive they are overwhelmed by rioters and cartel, within weeks they were driven out of the country. With no other options the UN begrudgingly drafts a contract with Colossus to restore order in Colombia.

Tasked with assassinating the Colombian President Colossus troops are to infiltrate the country through the border of Panama. From there they are to make their way to Quibdo where they will meet up with a local guerilla group. In exchange for safe passage to Salento Colossus has agreed to supply the guerillas with state of the art fire arms and an additional two millions in funds. From there the group is to make the rest of the trek on their own until they reach the Capital of Bogotá avoiding both the Cartels and the Colombian Military in the process.<O:P></O:P>

now on to char template

Name:
Appearance: (pic prefered but will accept description)
Equipment: (Usefull pieces of equipment you soldier has brought other than their guns)
Abilities: (while they are genetically enhanced soldiers they are not super soldeirs so what enhancements they do have are limited to one or two abilities. I.E. move faster, better sight, hearing ect.)
Weapons: (This is a covert operation think something that can either be concealed or used from far away, SMGs, long range rifles, pistols etc.)
Bio: (just a short background on you character and any past missions that may be worth mentioning.)