Do you like Christmas decorations?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
Original poster
Do you like Christmas decorations?

How do you feel about the Christmas color combination of red and green?

Is your house decorated for Christmas yet?

I like them and my house has all the Christmas decorations out already, complete with a big fancy tree with hundreds of ornaments on it. We usually decorate the first week of November.

I don't do much decorating outside. I like to decorate the inside of the house because I am inside the house to see them. Decorating outside means you're just decorating for the neighbors.

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai
I am not a Xmas fan, but my husband and kid is. So while I don't overly care about the decorations and things, our house gets pretty decked out on the inside. Slowly migrating outside now since we own our house. And no xmas decorations out yet, they are not allowed to decorate until after Remembrance/Veterans day out of pure respect.

I looooove Christmas decorations! Mostly the lights because I love lights.
I hoard lights.

I am a moth

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Haha
Reactions: jarek56 and Fluffy
I've worked retail since I was a teenager and while raised Catholic I am an agnostic pagan. That all said I have magpie tendencies and love twinkly lights and shiny things. So in abstract I like Christmas decorations.

• Love
When I was a grad student living by my lonesome, and coming back to my apartment on christmas because flying back on boxing day was cheaper, I saw the lights that someone across the courtyard hung in their flat. They had put them between the curtains and the window for people outside to see, and I thought that they were sharing their cheer. I try to do the same!

• Love
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, and I love seeing all the decorations. The lights, bright colors, and good smells all give me a happy feeling. Though it does suck once it's all over, and I'm definitely one of those people that take until Easter to take their decorations down. lol

• Love
Reactions: jarek56 and Lyrikai
i'm not a huge fan of christmas decorations when they're out and about 3 weeks before halloween. i'm a firm believer that christmas doesn't start until AFTER thanksgiving or at least the week of- it's been that way since i've grown up

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: jarek56 and Lyrikai
hate christmas tbh. it's also my birthday, thus the hate. the decorations are MEH its the MUSIC THAT I RAGE AGAINST 😡😡😡

• Sympathy & Compassion
I love the decorations! They bring me joy. <3 I don't have any up at my place yet, though. I usually don't start that until late November.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I love the holidays, but hate how it's not even g-ddamn Halloween and the Christmas sales are up. You can't even buy autumn theme decorations before Thanksgiving anymore, and no Thanksgiving decorations are sold at all anymore.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I love Christmas decorations! Though I go ham moreso inside than outside, outside it just a bit hard to do so I haven't gotten around to it

I love how they sell them BEFORE the holidays because it gives me time to buy ahead and plan and sometimes I won't have the money when it comes close to Christmas so buying it early is nice

• Bucket of Rainbows
We are lazy. We have a collapsible tree we pop out the night before gift giving.

Then we put it away once the giving is done and the kids are distracted. Cause we know we're lazy to the point we'd just leave it there for the rest of the year if we don't take care of it immediately.

I love Christmas decorations, however in our family we don't decorate until Black Friday. Because we still have Thanksgiving after all! My favorite things are lights, because when I take my glasses off they become little motes of light and it's just magical.

I'm just drawn to the lights like an insect :ladybug: ooooo purdy