Dissipating Vale

S

Sylar

Original poster
up until recently I believed my life belonged to the same path as seemingly everyone else in the world. Life was of unparticular methodical motions to which all my relatives, school mates, and friends belonged. In fact, as far as I was concerned, my life and the life of my children and grandchildren would involve a frivolous playground scene, earning of a degree in some repeatable subject, the spawning of a family of my own and in time even a Peaceful and expected death. Life would be simple, set in stone. In the least this is what was expected. It is this very flawed mentality that in lies the very reason for my shock when life seemed to distort that seemingly impenetrable path of discussion. Looking back on that day, I can't say I remember a whole lot...only glimpses of blood, and shocking pain still remain, burnt forever into my consciousness.

Since that day, everything isn't the same. I've always suspected that something like that would happen, I mean, life can't be as perfect as they wanted it to be. To this day, everyone has changed. From Peaceful life, to where it's so dangerous to be alone. You always have to have someone with you, so if you die. They can remember you, as who you were. Of course, you won't be put into the book of 'Herous'. Not that, that exists anyways. But at least you can be remember by the ones you had loved. No one, and I mean no one. Will survive this.

It was a cold morning on December the 17th, I had just rose from my surprisingly freezing bed, only to discover an open window on the far left of my small room. It had only been a few weeks since my enthusiastic move into the Grace Field apartment complex. The weeks prior to my spring to freedom had been rough, to say the least, but I was happy to have moved out, even if doing such made me vulnerable to the devilish entirety of the elements. no mom to shut my bedroom window as I slept, nag me into an overly insolated coat. looking back on all these pestering tid bits of recollection...I can't say I appreciated them enough. Being on your own really opens your eyes. I peered with spite at the open window and stood, sealing it tightly.