Disney rating change

K

Kitti

If Disney movies got remade with an R rating, what do you think the movies would be like?

Which ones would you fork over a handful of money to see?​

A hell of a lot more true to the original Grimms fairy tales many of the films were taken from

Reactions: H.P. Gaster
A Big Hero 6 with marginally more explosions and blood

Gimme

Reactions: Kitti
Pirates of the Caribbean would be marginally more violent with more cursing.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Hunchback of Notre Dame

Just imagine what Cinderella would be like. Frightening.

Pirates of the Caribbean would be marginally more violent with more cursing.
It'd be like a tamer version of Black Sails, except with more magicky stuff. XD

Lion King.
The feels would be unimaginable.

Alice in Wonderland for sure. Not to mention the original telling of Peter Pan, from what I can tell, is quite dark and very different from what most people know; so I'd appreciate the "actual" version of that, I think.
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Also this. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure this movie would do pretty good that way.

I feel like Don't Look Under the Bed would benefit with any remake really. It creeped me out as a kid, but I don't think they pressed the envelope as much as they could have. I feel like an R rating could help it grow beyond being a Beetlejuice knock-off and be it's own scare-tastic thing.

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Would you hope it kept close to the Disney interpretation/ending, or because it's allowed to be R would it come closer to the book? =O Hellfire is still a pretty dark song for a kid's movie, but I'll be honest, seeing an R version would probably be close to Sweeney Todd's Judge Turpin doing Mea Culpa which is...I dunno, first time I saw the stage version I was like, "DEAR GOD MAN, PUT THAT BACK."

Reactions: Vardoger
Aladdin would be pretty darn cool.

Reactions: Kitti
Treasure Planet.

Reactions: Vuroverse
None. I like fluffy happy movies >:-[