DISCUSSION MOVIES Disney rating change

Discussion in 'GENERAL CHATTING' started by Kitti, Nov 21, 2017.

1. If Disney movies got remade with an R rating, what do you think the movies would be like?

Which ones would you fork over a handful of money to see?​

2. A hell of a lot more true to the original Grimms fairy tales many of the films were taken from

• Like Like x 1
  3. A Big Hero 6 with marginally more explosions and blood

Gimme

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pirates of the Caribbean would be marginally more violent with more cursing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hunchback of Notre Dame

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Just imagine what Cinderella would be like. Frightening.

7. Mulan!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. It'd be like a tamer version of Black Sails, except with more magicky stuff. XD

9. Lion King.
    The feels would be unimaginable.

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  10. Alice in Wonderland for sure. Not to mention the original telling of Peter Pan, from what I can tell, is quite dark and very different from what most people know; so I'd appreciate the "actual" version of that, I think.
    Also this. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure this movie would do pretty good that way.

11. I feel like Don't Look Under the Bed would benefit with any remake really. It creeped me out as a kid, but I don't think they pressed the envelope as much as they could have. I feel like an R rating could help it grow beyond being a Beetlejuice knock-off and be it's own scare-tastic thing.

12. Would you hope it kept close to the Disney interpretation/ending, or because it's allowed to be R would it come closer to the book? =O Hellfire is still a pretty dark song for a kid's movie, but I'll be honest, seeing an R version would probably be close to Sweeney Todd's Judge Turpin doing Mea Culpa which is...I dunno, first time I saw the stage version I was like, "DEAR GOD MAN, PUT THAT BACK."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aladdin would be pretty darn cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Treasure Planet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. None. I like fluffy happy movies >:-[