DISHWASHING!

When I wash dishes...

• ...I hand wash them, because we use so few dishes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...I use the dishwasher, because it's cleaner.

• ...I use the dishwasher, because it's faster.

• Oh, we don't use dishes. We use disposable dinnerware.

• Oh, we don't use dishes. We eat out at restaurants.

• Total voters
L

Levusti

Original poster
So my sister and I were kinda talking about this while I was washing dishes, she was wondering why don't use the dishwasher.

Well, I like washing dishes. And I think me and my dad and my mom are the only one's who do--at least, of all the people I've met. Besides, for my anal-retentiveness, handwashing dishes lets me KNOW all the soap is gone, I don't use as much water, and that all the sticky foods and other residue gets off GOOD.

So, what do you do?

In my household, its one of my few chores to clean the kitchen, which includes dishes. But my family is one of those where someone is always eating, so there is a forever growing pile of dishes. Seriously, if I don't fill the dishwasher twice a day, it starts to spill out over the counters. If I did that all by hand, I think that either my fingers would fall off, or I'd never be done.

That's only when my mom and brother are around though. If my father is home, it doesn't matter how many times a day I do dishes or clean the kitchen. The moment he goes to cook, this sink will fill up and there will be food splatter everywhere. If he wasn't such a darn good cook, I think I'd ban him from the kitchen >.>

Dishwasher. I have no idea what the hell I would do without my dishwasher.

I handwash them because installing a dishwasher makes sense.

Which reminds me, i have to get them done soon.

You left out the option "prewashing the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher". Because if you DON'T there's always krusties and film all over the dishes. ><

I hate doing the dishes. >:[

I don't do dishes because I have a woman.

I didn't see that option.

• Thank You
Reactions: Torsty and Fijoli
In my home, we don't have a dishwasher nor do we have room for one so we hand wash everything. I don't mind it, but when I have to constantly wash them it's a bit annoying.

Wet food makes my skin crawl though.

A mix of both! The dish washer is for larger quantities that don't need special care (glasses, plates, cutlery) and the hand washing is for the more delicate things (my pots, pans, special cooking tools, coffee and tea preparation items). I need an answer for me ;__;

Reactions: Torsty
I hand wash dishes because I like to, From the sound of the running water to the smell of the soap. Plus, I don't like dirty dishes to sit. There is also not many dishes for me to have to clean. Creates 'ME' time.

Reactions: October Knight
A mix of both! The dish washer is for larger quantities that don't need special care (glasses, plates, cutlery) and the hand washing is for the more delicate things (my pots, pans, special cooking tools, coffee and tea preparation items). I need an answer for me ;__;

I choose the Kitti-option. It's also a relaxing chore.

For the most part, we hand wash things. This is mainly because there is no non-chemical dishwasher soap that actually gets food off the dishes. Our household does its best to be ecologically conscious, so that means the dishwasher is only for emergency situations. Not quite an option, but I guess "because it is cleaner", comes pretty close. Since you didn't specify what kind of clean.