Dimensional Clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maine was thrown to the ground a fucking train flying into the saloon. So much weird cartoonish-ness was baffling. Maine exited the saloon through a hole in the wall to find a short red italian, two japanese teenagers and a another man in tattered clothes. He grabbed the man by his throat and pinned him against a wall. Maine talked in a gurgle/growl as if to say. "Where am I?"

Akane
"I want a water, and make it snappy," Akane snapped her fingers, waiting for a water. Was it just her imagination, or did she just see a man dressed as a plumber? Nah, she was probably crazy. Akane impatiently tapped her fingers, growing annoyed. How long did it take to get a water out here? Obviously awhile, she answered her own question.

The man from before came to sit next to her. His arm looked alright, but his pride had a large bruise. He opened his mouth to talk, but closed it, obviously fearing Akane. The man put six coins on the counter, sliding close to the edge it.

"You got somethin' to say? Then say it," Akane told him, still tapping her fingers. A man appeared from back, carrying a glass of whiskey, but not water. The man gave the whiskey to the man next to her, picking up the coins, and completely ignoring Akane's wish even though she was clearly there first.

"You have to pay first," The man told her, causing Akane to search her pockets. Out of every pocket, there was no money, just a gum wrapper and a piece of scrap paper.

"Well, now I feel stupid," She leaned back on her stool, careful to not fall off. She was dying of thirst, and there was no sign of spare money -or coins- lying anywhere.

"Here," The man handed Akane twelve coins, twice as much as he paid for the whiskey. She shook her head, not able to take the generous offer. "Just take it; you beat me fair and square." Akane hesitantly took the coins, placing six on the counter and pushing them forward just as the man did.​

Natsuru
Avoiding eye contact with other passengers, Natsuru stepped off the train, trying to hide his embarrassment. He was followed by several other passengers whom were dressed as if they fit in here. He looked around to find himself in a western town, literally. Carriages pulled by horses helped people get along, and the houses were nothing like from the twenty-first century.

The scent of smoke pulled him out of his thoughts, as the same man from before pushed passed Natsuru, shoving his breasts into some hormonal boy, w removed who blushed at the closeness of the boobs. Natsuru quickly brushed passed the boy, rubbing himself wherever the boy toughed him. He ran towards the smoking man, stepping on several people's bare feet. Something about this man left a bad taste in his mouth, and his look left a suspicious sight in his eyes. Natsuru shot small fireballs at the man's feet, causing him to jump several feet in the air, and then fall to the ground, right at Natsuru's feet.​

Shizuku
He told her where -and when- they were, but what really stood out was the fact that they were in the 1860's. Just yesterday, Shizuku marked the year off as 2015, not 1860! She ran out of the pub, with information that changed the entire game. Did Akane, Natsuru, and/or the white kampfers get here too? Questions clouded her mind as she ran towards a nearby carriage, threatening the driver with a knife if he didn't drive. He whipped the horse, causing it to gallop its way out of the area they were at.

Not removing the knife from the man's throat, Shizuku stared out the open side, watching the scenery pass by.

"Ma'am?" The man, fearfully, asked, glancing from her back to the road.

"What?" Shizuku snapped, her attention shifting to the man once more.

"Where do you want me to drop ya at?" He spoke with a southern accent, as he whipped the horses once more. Shizuku contemplated her answer; if she said nothing, then she would be stuck in here for awhile, but if she said something, she might end up in the middle of nowhere. Deciding, she answered the man:

"Just keep driving."​

Mario

Mario was just about to answer that the thing that had fallen from the sky was a steam locomotive and that it in no way could be an "orbital strike weapon", when the armored dude from before smashed Shepard into the wall. Mario stepped backwards and fell off the porch, landing on his rear. He turned around, about to indignantly tell off the silver-armored gentleman when all of a sudden, he heard a train whistle and several screams of terror.

Mario saw a tall, thin, green-skinned fairy slowly striding towards the cartoonish train as black shadowlike creatures congregated around her. Some of them turned his direction and chittered in disgust; these creatures, the Heartless, were deterred by the light in Mario's Heart. They turned their heads back towards the locomotive.

Mario didn't jump to violence (he merely jumped), but the fairy seemed to exude an aura of evil. Mario reeled with aversion, squinting his eyes at her and frowning.

Some of the Heartless, however, turned back towards the saloon, attracted to the darkness in the Meta's Heart; the rage and greed that infested the Meta's existence. They pulled off from the group and clambered up to the saloon, eyeing the Meta curiously.

Kate

Kate had no idea what to think. First, an evil green fairy tosses her and the train fifty yards into the air, then drops her into a bar. After that, she sends a small cache of black creatures to kill her or something. Kate did not have a very high opinion of this fairy.

Kate then realized that she was sitting in a friggin' steam locomotive with the capability to mow over those black creatures with ease. She slammed the lever and Casey let out a whistle, charging towards the Heartless and knocking them to the side, causing them to dissolve into their essence with a puff. The fairy, however, with a wave of her staff, knocked Casey and Kate to the side, causing them to smash into another building. "Insolent child," she sneered, walking towards the locomotive with her staff raised. Casey glared at the evil fairy, struggling to get to his wheels.

Mario

Mario peered into the saloon. How could the redhead so casually demand a drink of water when a LOCOMOTIVE just dropped from the sky, amid a scene of chaos and destruction such as caused by the green fairy's black thorns?

The plumber cocked his head, staring at the odd redhead before turning back towards the locomotive.

Mario couldn't stand by much longer. He dashed towards the remains of the building the train had smashed, and jumped right on Maleficent's head. The evil fairy winced and dropped her staff. The vines seemed to droop when the staff clattered to the ground, spraying across the ground almost like a liquid. Mario ran behind the train and pushed with all his might. He thought he felt the locomotive attempting to tilt itself back upright. Whatever it was, with Mario's help, the locomotive got back up on its wheels.

Toad

"DAAAAAHHHH!" Toad cried, instinctively slamming the brakes and making a hard left, attempting to drift around the stagecoach that had charged in front of him.

Unfortunately, the kart blasted straight through the stagecoach, taking its unfortunate passenger (Shizuku) with it. The driver found himself driving only half a stagecoach, dragging splintered wood on the ground, attempting to control braying, terrified horses. Toad found himself staring at the stagecoach's passenger. He drifted sideways before stopping and undoing his seatbelt. He glanced towards the advancing rush of water, and said to her, "Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't expect a stagecoach to cross my path, but there's a giant river that's been dammed up but it just got released and now the sheriff and I are being chased by a massive wave of water and DAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" (Toad had to take a breath through all that) "now I'm running through the Wild West following a horse on a kart probably going to warn the town of the river coming!"

Toad's chest heaved. He was in panic mode.

"No time gotta go, see ya!" Toad puffed, glancing towards the town in the distance and leaping into his kart, before slamming the gas again.

Sheriff Hanson galloped up on the horse, exasperated. "Dang mushroom, charging ahead without looking... I s'pose if I was bein' chased by a river, I'd run for my life, too... My horse ain't as fast as what that guy was riding..." His horse had stopped; Hanson looked back and saw that they had a large lead against the water. But he wondered; what could Black Johnson have been doing with that water?

Shepard groaned in pain as he was slammed against the wall - surprised that, somehow, his translator worked with his speech. "First, I have no idea where we are - though by the climate I'd say a Turian or Krogan world. Second, I have no idea where you come from, but if you work for Cerberus, your boss is dead so you'd better find something else to do. Third, if you know what's good, you'll drop me, tell me your name and then we'll continue like civilized people. Otherwise things will get very messy very quick." A yellow holographic display formed on Shepard's arm, glowing faintly amongst the shadows cast on the wall. He kept an eye out for whatever was behind the man, mumbling something about "goddamned Reaper forces coming back".

Turian or Krogan. Maine had never heard of those planets. Though it was possible they existed. The UNSC spanned such a large space it was hard to keep track. Maine let go of Shepherds neck and he dropped to the floor. Maine grumbled "The Meta". He then turned his attention to the odd looking creatures that had gathered. Maine took his grenade launcher from his back, and waited for them to make the first move.

"Good choice. I'm Shepard." He also readied himself, looking at the creatures. By now, the yellow holointerface also sported a glowing-red flash-forged silicon carbide blade held in place by some sort of strange field.

Eren

There was a commotion coming from the building beside him and a portly man in red overalls burst from the building, followed by another man in a strange, bulky looking outfit. The two talked to each other and a few moments later there was an applause from the building. Eren couldn't see what was going on, but whatever the people were clapping about seemed to have calmed the commotion inside the building. Good, maybe he can ask somebody where the hell he was and maybe find a way to get back home.

He was about to step out when he heard a loud groan and the the building suddenly exploding. Eren jumped away, arms shielding his face from flying debris. The dust cleared and in place of what was once a building was a large, metal contraption about as big as a titan's belly. Steam billowed from a spout jutting from it's front, whistling loudly. Still in shock of seeing such a weird object, he noticed a tall figure in dark clothing and horns jutting from her head approached the contraption.

Sayaka

Sayaka kept walking, following the small streams of water underground. She came across a dry riverbed, and up ahead was what looked to be a dam. There were people there, and some large yellow and green creature. A witch? she thought. It didn't look like any witch she had ever seen but it certainly wasn't human, that was for sure.

The dam burst, water flowing down the river bed. As the water drew closer, Sayaka could see a car swerving in the water in her direction, driven by something with what looked like a spotted hat. The yellow and green creature was soon chasing after it in it's own car. Sayaka now saw the creature resembled a cross between a turtle and a dragon and the spotted hat was actually the cap of a mushroom. The zoomed past her and the water just kept rushing towards her flooding everything in its path. In a flash of blue light, Sayaka transformed into her magical girl form, using her magic to control and guide the water along the riverbed, allowing for a steady stream.

Maka

There was a shout and everyone in the bar had a gun out and pointed at each other. People began to fight and Soul immediately transformed into a scythe flying into Maka's hands. Flipping the scythe around, Maka displayed expertise skill in knocking down anybody who tried to take her out. The door burst and she briefly saw a man in red overalls jumped outside. Another man tried to throw a punch at her just to get in on the fight but Maka knocked his fist away, planting one foot on his face and using the momentum to launch herself out the window.

"You okay, Soul," she asked, gripping the hilt of the scythe tighter.

"I'm fine, focus on getting us out of here,"

He didn't need to tell her twice. The fighting seemed to stop and a girl stood over a man, spitting on his face followed by an applause. Apparently she was able to stop the fights all by herself. Maka half wondered if she killed half the people in there just to get them to stop.

Something creaked and the bar suddenly burst. The dust cleared and Maka stared in shock as a train, which seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, lay on top of the crushed remains of the building, steam issuing from its spout.

Maine stood his ground as the creatures slowly grew near. A few more steps by The creatures and he pounced. With an aggressive roar he jumped at the first beast and stabbed it with the blade of his launcher. Several more jumped at him. He put the muzzle to the ground and fired. The ground around him cracked and anything withtin 6 feet was destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toad

Toad heard the roar of the river behind him slowly fade into a mere trickle. Confused, he turned his car around and peered past the advancing figure of Bowser in his Clown Car. He saw a magical girl diverting the flow of water and concentrating it into a controlled river rather than a flash flood. Toad made a note to thank her the next time he saw her.

Toad hit the gas again and peeled of towards the town. He noted something strange: a mass of black vines engulfing the wooden buildings, snaking around the town like ominous kudzu. "That wasn't there when I left," Toad muttered, pressing down harder on the gas pedal.

Mario

Mario looked over at (what was left of) the saloon, watching the strange, silver-armored man attack the dark creatures accosting him. The Shadows hissed, realizing that the Meta was a hostile (even to them), and, claws outstretched, pounced on the rogue agent. When the Meta blasted the ground, the saloon collapsed and the Heartless around him scattered (some unlucky ones died in the crash). They dug through the splinters, trying to find the Meta; his dark heart would make a powerful addition to the ranks of Heartless.

Kate

"Alright, I've had enough," Kate muttered, jumping out of Casey's cab.

She huffed, and marched straight up to Maleficent. "Look, all we're doing is going about our business, and you have to go throwing plants around like a maniac! What is WRONG with you? Seriously, what do you have to gain from smashing this two-bit town to splinters?" she yelled.

Maleficent glared at her with yellow eyes. "A mere girl like you has no concept of true power. Only by plunging the worlds into darkness can the strong truly rule."

Kate rolled her eyes. "Seriously? Geez, talk about overkill," she argued. "I mean, it's not like you just launched a train fifty feet into the air out of nowhere-- OH, WAIT, YOU DID!"

Maleficent sneered. "The weakness of light must be extinguished; only those aligned with the darkness can--"

"Alright, I'll rattle off a couple names here. John F. Kennedy ring a bell? What about Gandhi? Martin Luther King, Jr.?" Kate listed, enumerating the names on her fingers.

She caught a staff to the chest. Maleficent knocked Kate backwards, sending the girl tumbling on the dusty ground. Kate grasped her sides and moaned. "Aaaaaahhhggghhhh," she whined. Maleficent strode towards the girl. Suddenly, Kate's endorphins remembered what they had to do. Kate's eyes widened, and she got up, pulling a slingshot and marbles from her bucket. She loaded three marbles into the slingshot and fired at Maleficent. Her aim was true, and Maleficent howled in pain, clutching her face.

Kate jeered. "Ha! That's what you get!" she taunted, sticking the slingshot back into her bucket.

"Insolent child!" Maleficent screeched, flinging open her cloak and radiating darkness. More Heartless began to appear from the shadows. "Your worlds shall succumb to the darkness! Your people shall be reduced to mere husks of their former selves---"

"Alright, am I going to have to interrupt you in the middle of EVERY villainous monologue?" Kate snarked, rolling her eyes. "Sheesh. You bad guys are all about special effects."

"These creatures shall rend your---"

"Nope, don't want to hear it!"

"I--"

"Nuh-uh!"

Maleficent gritted her teeth and clenched a fist. She turned around and waved her scepter towards the sky, drawing a circle of runes and sending it upwards.

The ground began to shake. Kate stepped back, looking around worriedly.

From the sky, a massive dragon began its descent towards the quaint Western town overrun by Maleficent's vines. It screeched as its long, curled, blue body streaked through the air, falling towards the ground. The gold cymbals on its underbelly turned slowly in the wind, as its ornate, white wings folded on its back. Its red horns glistened in the fading sunlight as clouds began to encircle the rune portal from whence it came. Its jagged, yellow, lower jaw hung open as it smashed straight into the Sheriff's office and roared.

"You shall pay for your impertinence, girl," Maleficent sneered, before waving her scepter and summoning a dark portal, before stepping in and disappearing.

Kate turned towards the massive dragon as Mario and Casey Junior approached her. Mario started chattering in incoherent Italian, pointing at the FRIGGIN' DRAGON flying in the middle of the town. Kate looked around, seeing the screaming and fleeing citizens running about in a panic. The winds whipped up, blowing dust into the air. Lightning flared. Thunder crashed.

Kate, Mario, and Casey turned to face the Storm Rider. "Alright. I've only known one of you for, like, twenty minutes and I have absolutely no idea how to deal with this thing, but screw it!" she shouted over the wailing winds. Casey whistled in assent.

Heartless Wind-Dragon
STORM RIDER

But Shepard wouldn't let them. As they tried to clear the way for the Meta, he sliced and diced at them with the blade on his arm, roaring with each swing.

Kate

The Storm Rider roared and sailed into the air, before stretching its wings and firing thunderbolts from the tips of its claws. The cymbals flashed and rang as the Storm Rider hovered in midair. Kate went wide-eyed before a thunderbolt struck the ground right in front of her, knocking her backwards. It roared and dove towards Casey Jr., making a sharp upward movement and blowing the train into a two-story wooden building. The dragon then eyed Shepard and dove, peeling across the dusty ground as Mario ran towards it to grab its tail. Mario was slower than the Storm Rider, however, and the dragon roared as it approached Shepard.

Maine was knocked to the ground by an unseen creature. He dropped his grenade launcher and landed on his back. He creature bared it's sharp fangs and snapped at his face. He held it back by grabbing it's upper and lower jaw. It was surprisingly strong, and Maine had troble keeping it away. He roared back at it.

Mario

As the Storm Rider struggled with the Meta, attempting to bite the rogue agent's head off, Mario dashed up behind the dragon and grabbed it by the horns, yanking as hard as he could. The dragon wailed as Mario pulled. The dragon soared into the sky, before flinging Mario towards the ground. Kate ran to catch him.

The dragon roared again as its cymbals flashed and sparks built up on its hide. The dragon stretched its wings out and shot more lightning. "Geez, this is repetitive," Kate remarked. Mario nodded in assent.

The Storm Rider turned towards Eren and charged him with its horns, before swinging its tail around in an attempt to strike him and swerved to mow over Maka. Mario ran towards the dragon, plucking a Fire Flower from his reserve slot and transforming into Fire Mario. He flung fireballs at the dragon, who seemed to pay no heed to the fireballs.

Eren

Eren could only watch in awe as a giant black dragon grew closer to the town, the shadow covering much of the town. Thunderbolts and electricity seemingly flew from its claws, striking the ground, almost taking out a young woman. He wasn't prepared for the dragon's next move, charging straight at him with its horns aimed. Automatically, he brought his thumb to his mouth and took one strong bite. There was a flash of lightning as Eren felt the burning hot muscles and skin of his titan form around him, encasing him in the base of his neck while his newly formed hands grabbed hold of the dragon's horns. He slid across the ground from the force of the collide between him and the dragon. In his peripheral, he could see a tiny man throwing fireballs at the dragon which had no effect on the dragon.

With a roar, Eren slammed the dragon on the ground, pinning the creature with his own weight.

Maka

Maka barely dodged the dragon's swinging tail, jumping to the side just before it could get her. It was an odd dragon, decorated with cymbals and webbed hands which Maka assumed also functioned as wings. She dodged the tail again, swinging her scythe on the tail and slicing the end off cleanly.

Kishin was the first thing that ran through her mind at the sight of the dragon, yet for some reason, Maka could not sense a kishin soul inside the dragon. In fact, she couldn't sense anything from the dragon. It was as if it had no soul, like some sort of moving empty shell. There was lightning and a giant man with sharp teeth emerged from the smoke, trapping the dragon under its weight. Maka watched as the man in overalls started throwing fireballs at the dragon, his clothing now white and red.

Maka turned to a woman beside her. She had seen her fighting the dragon too which means at least she was on her side when it came to this thing. "Hey, you!" she called out to the woman, even nodding at some person wearing a strange armored uniform. "You're fighting this thing too right? If we attack all together maybe we can stop it!"

Kate

Kate watched as the smoke cleared from the thunderbolt and the titanic humanoid creature grabbed the Storm Rider by the horns and flung it to the ground. Kate perked up when Maka called her. "Yeah?" she called back. She listened to Maka talk, and shot back a response: "Yep, but I'm not sure how to beat this thing!"

The Storm Rider roared in agony as the giant gripped its horns. The plumber in the red-and-white suit noted this and began to fling his fireballs at the horns. The horns actually caught fire this time. The plumber took extra care not to light the giant.

The Storm Rider ripped itself out of the Titan's grasp and roared, summoning more lightning to fire from the tips of its wings. The massive Heartless then dove upon the Titan's head, slamming its spiked jaw over Eren's cranium. The Heartless then swooped upon the Meta, spreading its wings before divebombing the rogue agent. Kate rolled out of the way, loaded a marble into her slingshot, and fired; however, she missed the dragon. She decided she would wait to retrieve her marble.

Kate ran over to Maka. "So... judging by the dragon-thing's reaction to getting manhandled by the horns, I'd say that those horns are rather sensitive."

Casey Jr. rolled over and listened.

"So, do you have a plan?" Kate asked Maka.

Meanwhile, the Shadows accompanying the Storm Rider continued to chase after the Meta; some, noting Shepard's attempt to knock them away, hissed and skittered towards him.

Toad

Toad and Sheriff Hanson screeched to a halt in front of a massive wall of vines that completely smothered the outskirts of the town. "Dang it!" Toad cried. "We're trapped outside!"

Bowser came roaring up in the Clown Car. "Gra ha ha! I've got you now, you little pest!"

Bowser roared and jumped out of the Clown Car, stomping towards Toad. Toad backed up against the wall of vines and jumped. "Ow! Hey--these vines have thorns!" he cried.

No answer. "Hey, Sheriff?"

The sheriff lay splayed out on the ground. He'd fainted.

"Shoot. I'm on my own," Toad muttered. He dragged the sheriff's limp unconscious body around a rock and jumped out. "You want a piece of me?! Hah?!" Toad shouted, putting up his fists and jumping back and forth like a cartoon character. Bowser merely chortled and breathed fire at him. Toad yelped and rolled out of the way. Bowser's flame breath, however, hit the vines and lit several of the tips of the thorns on fire.

"Hey, that gives me an idea," Toad mused.

Toad

A stray bolt of lightning hit the ground right next to Toad. Toad yelped and dove out of the way, before rolling and getting up to taunt Bowser. "Hey, your mama's so fat, they had to chain her inside a trailer just so she could get on the bus!"

"ROARRR!" Bowser snarled, spewing a fireball towards Toad. Toad ducked, letting the fireball sail right over him. The vines behind him erupted into flames, slowly withering and crumbling to ashes as Bowser's breath roasted the prickly thorns and woody brambles surrounding the town.

Toad stuck his tongue out at Bowser. Bowser spat another fireball. Rinse and repeat, Toad thought.

This time, the fireball tore straight through the branches, leaving a smoking hole in the thorn wall. Just in time, too; the water stream had caught up to them and was quickening in pace. "One riverbed, coming right up!" Toad said.

Right on cue. The river began to trickle across the dirt, widening as more water flowed to take its place. No longer did it resemble a flash flood, but a normal, small river. knocking Bowser's Koopa Clown Car for a loop. The Koopa King grunted and held on tight to the edge of his flying car. Toad, on the other hand, held the Sheriff and his horse overhead and jumped into the stream. "Hey, if Mario can do it, so can I," he mused. "Here goes nothing!"

Toad slipped and slid into the middle of the town, dodging left and right to avoid smacking into any of the town's debris. "Geez, what happened while I was gone? It's like the city was struck by lightning before getting smashed up by a dragon or--"

Toad saw the Storm Rider. "DRAGON!!!!" he cried, turning around and running the other direction, making no progress. He turned back, noting the dragon's wrestling with a humanoid giant. He spotted Mario just as the dragon wrenched itself out of the titan's grasp. He hurled Sheriff Hanson and the horse on top of the nearest building (unharmed, of course) and ran down to Mario. He skidded to a halt and flailed at the Storm Rider. "DRAGON!!!!"

Mario nodded. He knew about the dragon. Toad and Mario stole a glance at the Storm Rider. "Explain everything later. We have a dragon problem!" Toad cried.

The Heartless dragon dove towards Toad, significantly slowed down by the increasing amount of water flowing into the town. Toad screamed and jumped, stomping on the Storm Rider's horns before running along its back. The Storm Rider screeched in agony before making a sharp upward incline and barrel-rolling in midair, hovering with its kite-like wings.

Toad noticed that the river followed the previous grooves that it had made back when it wasn't dammed up, flowing through the middle of town and out between (what remained of) two buildings. At least that part of his job was done.

Kate

Kate observed the dragon's reaction to getting stomped on by the weird mushroom guy. "Alright, I believe I have a plan," she said to Maka. "One of us has to lure the dragon into diving against the current. That'll let someone else jump on top of the dragon's head and knock its horns. I should probably bait the dragon since all I've got is a slingshot and a pocketknife," Kate explained. "Does that sound good?"

Kate turned towards the Titan. "On the other hand, the giant dude over there could probably take the dragon himself, but I'm not 100% sure," she continued. "Either way, I think we have to smack up the horns."

Eren

Eren wrestled with the lightning dragon, his large hands gripping onto the dragon until it wrenched itself away from him. The scales of the dragon cut into his skin, followed immediately by steam as the wounds attempted to close themselves off. Eren tumbled against to the ground from the force of the dragon, leaving large hold where his body fell. The dragon roared again and Eren watched as it was being stomped on by some pale bouncing thing, a mushroom? Suddenly it turned upwards and flew high into the sky. Eren grabbed a stray wagon cart and hurled it at the dragon, hitting it's tail and causing a deafening clang to ring through the air.

Maka

"One of us has to lure the dragon into diving against the current. That'll let someone else jump on top of the dragon's head and knock its horns. I should probably bait the dragon since all I've got is a slingshot and a pocketknife. Does that sound good?"

"Sounds like a plan to me," Maka replied. "I can cut the horns, I have a technique that can do the trick. I just need to get close to it and have someone hold it down for me." She watched the dragon climb up the sky and the giant throwing wagon at its tail and making the cymbals on its body ring.

"That was a horrible sound," Soul said.

Maka chose to ignore him. "We'll have the giant hold him down again, but you just need to get him back down here." She looked to the strange walking mushroom and short man in overalls. That mushroom has a really powerful step, just by how he caused a lot of pain by stomping on the dragon and those fireballs the short man threw would also help in drawing the dragon's attention. "Hey mister and strange mushroom! We have a way to defeat this dragon!" She pulled Kate along with her to the short man and the mushroom and repeated Kate's and her plan to the others. "One of you needs to tell the giant what he needs to do because I need time to prepare in order for the technique to work. Can any of you do it?"

Toad

"I got this," Toad replied. "Mario only speaks Italian. I doubt Big Guy over there understands Italian."

The Storm Rider snarled at the Titan when the wooden wagon struck its tail. The cymbals rattled, making a sound as if they had been dropped by a careless musician in the band room. Toad winced at the noise. The dragon roared and spread its wings to fling lightning at the Titan.

Toad clambered up a stack of crates and onto the awning of the general store. He hoisted himself onto the roof and dashed across the splintering shingles, yelling at the Titan. "KEEP THE DRAGON BUSY!!!" he hollered, before bounding on top of a chimney and hopping onto the dragon just as it dove to snap his head off. Toad smashed the Storm Rider one more time with a stomp, causing it to reel in agony.

Kate

"Okay, then. I'll stand here and you tell me when you're ready," Kate replied to Maka. She watched the little mushroom guy hop onto the buildings and lure the dragon over. "Take your time, they've got the other side of town covered."

Meanwhile

The driver carrying Shizuku managed to drag the coach very slowly across the dusty ground, even after that odd carriage had blasted straight through the wooden coach. He wiped the sweat off his brow.

The ground rumbled. He looked around. "What the heck was that?" he muttered.

The ground shook again, this time harder.

The driver peered into the distance. "Something ain't right here..."

The newly-restored stream of water rumbled, splashing puddles on the banks.

TWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

"Mother of God," gasped the driver, looking straight upward.

In the distance stomped a spindly, spider-like contraption on four cranelike legs, connected to a main body by rods and pistons and a variety of cables. The iron trellises glinted ominously against the lamps lit near the machine's cab. Twin boilers belched out steam and smoke from four different vents, and brass pipes snaked horizontally across the machine's thorax. Wooden panels covered only some of the pipes; this assured that the machine didn't overheat.

The mechanical behemoth made swift ground despite its size, due to its long stride. The driver could make out more details: brass gears, levers and springs, twisting, turning, coiling and uncoiling to propel the machine. The coach driver peered into the machine's grimy, cracked cab. "Is that... No."

The coach screeched to a halt. The driver dove out of the way. The machine was upon him. It crushed the coach to splinters. The last thing the driver heard was a gunshot.

Black Johnson has finally returned.

Kate

The Storm Rider turned to glare at Maka, before roaring and diving towards her. Kate's blue eyes went wide. She had to think quickly.

"Hey, Big Ugly!" she yelled. The dragon stopped mid-glide and turned towards Kate. Kate stood there, eyeing the Heartless. "Er... um, you want some of this?!" she shouted, doing a little tap-dance. "Huh? You wanna go? Well, how 'bout some of this?" Kate pulled out her pocketknife and swished it in the air, not quite sure what she was doing.

The dragon roared at her and made a dash towards her. She flashed a thumbs-up at Maka before diving out of the way. The Storm Rider smashed into the building, setting off a deafening clang as its cymbals crashed into the debris. The dragon then swooped towards the Titan, its wings stretched and sparking with electricity. Mario spotted it and dashed with his hands in the air, flinging fireballs at the dragon to distract it. The fireballs deflected off the cymbals and the dragon remained focused on Eren.

Status
Not open for further replies.