This is the official OOC for Destiny the Rp, greatly inspired by the game Destiny by Bungie. This won't be a "super free roam" style as much as it will be a centric plot to adhere to, with characters deciding to or not to engage in the main plot, as there will be side quests/missions as well. If you're not familiar with the game, I have placed a synopsis below to help explain the basis behind the story. In this rp you will choose from three races [Human, Awoken, Exo] and three classes [Titan(Combat), Warlock(Magic/Energy), Hunter(Stealth)] More details below:
For those of you who don't follow Destiny, that's okay as the plot will reveal the definitions and backstories behind the certain characters/beings/places to be explored. So at heart this is an action/sci-fi that will have a lot of character development and abilities to use depending on your class [Titan, Warlock, Hunter] in a semi space opera that will rely on cooperation. The plot will advance after the main initial plot is finished as well, and there will be a sense of freedom between characters, but every action has a consequence.
Arc - Energy associated with lightning and electrostatic universal energies, capable of surging through blue enemy shields. Can incapacitate foes if strong enough.
Void - Energy formed from the essence of space and cosmic energy. Breaches violet enemy shields. Can also reduce/nullify enemy abilities.
Solar - Energy of the sun and of flame, with the ability to burn through any solar shields and foes alike. Flames can eat away at a foes life force.
Kinetic - The most standard energy of basic concussive force and energy. With enough force foes can be staggered and disoriented.
Brief description of classes:
Titan - The Titan is a Guardian class which specializes in armor. The first Titans built and defended The Wall that protects The City. Their heritage is rooted in strength, sacrifice, and mercilessness. Titans can be distinguished by their heavy, full-body armor and swept-back helmets. The Titan's unique armor piece is a mark, a piece of cloth worn on the right hip intended to show their allegiance, lineage, or achievements. Striker [LINK] and Defender [LINK] common subclasses. Only master Titans who understand the fire of passion and protection may claim the Hammer of Sol and unleash the Sunbreaker [LINK] skill class.
Warlock - The Warlock is a Guardian class that specializes in combining "magic" powers granted by The Traveler with modern weapons. Warlocks have long studied The Traveler, which gives rise to their ability to harness some of its powers. As the warlocks advance through levels, their arcane powers strengthen. In appearance, Warlocks can be distinguished by their rounded helmets and long coats. As with the other classes, in addition to head, chest armor, gauntlets, and leg armor, they have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them from their brethren in arms: a bond (armband) worn on the upper-left arm. Sunsinger [LINK] and Voidwalker [LINK] common subclass. There are virtually minimal Warlocks who can channel the essence and universal energy of the cosmic storms, that would infuse them with the power of the Stormcaller [LINK]subclass.
Hunter - Hunter is a Guardian class. Hunters are "quick on the trigger and deadly with a blade," so much so that they have earned a fearful reputation and are known as the "Masters of the Frontier". Hunters can be easily distinguished in-game by their signature hooded cloaks, thin builds, and lightly armored outfits, which contain an armor-to-cloth ratio of about 50-50. Also, as with the other classes, in addition to helmets, chest armor, gauntlets, and leg armor, Hunters have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them: a cloak worn on the head and back. While Hunters, like all Guardians, can use any and all weapons in-game, they employ a unique utility blade, the Hunter Knife, for stealth kills and melee combat. Bladedancer [LINK] and Gunslinger [LINK] common subclasses. But there are a rare few who embrace the lone void. Whose skill is unmatched by droves of others, making them in control of space and shadow. They are the Nightstalkers [LINK] skill class.
Humans - People of the planet Earth that have existed for millennia. Fair skinned appearance and homo erectus posture; intelligent species.
Exo - Machine like race; self-aware war machines developed by humanity during the Golden Age for a long forgotten war, with the sole purpose of protecting their creators. They were rebooted during the Collapse and now have no memory of their original function. Exos are "so advanced that nothing short of a Ghost can understand their inner functions. They remain ciphers, even to themselves; their origins and purpose lost to time. Whoever built the Exos fashioned them in humanity's image, gifting them with diversity of mind and body."
The Awoken - Awoken are a bluish-gray-skinned species. They are descendants of Humans who, during the Collapse, tried to run to the far edges of known space to escape The Darkness. Something mysterious and strange happened to them at the edge of Human-controlled space, which altered them forever. Many of the Awoken live in The Reef, but others also live on Earth. Earth-born Awoken who adventure to The Reef often go unwelcomed by the Queen as outsiders.
Primary Weapons - Weapons mainly carried and used in the field.
- Hand Cannon: Magnum based pistols shooting high impact power at slow fire rates for precision.
- Scout Rifle: Ranged single burst rifles used for stability and control; medium impact.
- Pulse Rifle: 3-burst rifle with small but precise impact, but with balanced stability and range.
- Auto Rifle: Fully automatic, low impact rounds with great stability but limited range.
Special Weapons - Weapons used for support and certain conditions.
- Shotgun: Close quarters weapon with extreme high impact and assault tactics. Low control and range.
- Fusion Rifle: Energy, charged based weapon with adept impact with slow fire rate, great stability and range.
- Sniper Rifle: Single burst, long range weapon with medium impact used for stability and ranged control.
Heavy Weapons - Yupp, used to wreck shit up.
- Rocket Launcher: High velocity, powerful weapon with rockets exploding in great radius. Very slow fire rate and heavy handling.
- Machine Gun: Maximum rate of fire with medium impact, with very low range.
- Sword: Extremely high impact, energy, and precision. Capable of blocking impending attacks as long as it isn't the energy of the sword. Very minimal range.
- Vanguard: Grouped Guardians focused on handling interplanetary affairs of evil and The Darkness. Led by the highest skilled of three classes: Cayde-6[Exo Male] Master Hunter, Ikora Rey[Human Female] Master Warlock, and Commander Zavala[Awoken Male] Master Titan.
- Crucible: A regime that trains all Guardians in combat through rigorous modes of fighting among each other to hone skills and tactics. Led by the Quartermasters.
- Queen's Wrath: The Awoken Queen's most feared and sound group of her guard. Predominantly Awoken, they seek to protect The Reef, Queen's Home, and the people of the Awoken and all they face. They also have a joint force known as The Crows, elite spymasters lead by the Queen's brother, Uldren Sov himself.
- Dead Orbit: Dead Orbit wants to abandon The City. Members of Dead Orbit intend to escape the dying Earth before The Darkness returns, as they've given up on The Traveler and put little faith in The City's ability to hold out against a major attack. While they recognize that such a move could be very costly in terms of lives, they see no other alternative for survival, and instead put their faith in finding enough Golden Age technology in vaults and abandoned shipyards to allow them to escape and find a new homeworld. They are even willing to cross New Monarchy's legal authority to achieve this end, but they also recognize they will need to bring Guardians to their cause in order to fight against any future threats. Arach Jalaal [Awoken] leads them.
- Future War Cult: The FWC is known for its vast military prowess, but they are also secretive. The FWC believes that another war with The Darkness cannot be avoided, regardless of whether they stay in or flee the City, therefore they must be ready to fight. Lakshmi-2 [Exo] is a rep at The Tower for FWC.
- New Monarchy: dedicated to maintaining the haven and bringing back the Golden Age. Dissatisfied with the fragmentation within the City, New Monarchy advocates abolishing the Consensus and transferring governmental power from the Speaker to an elected Monarch. Executor Hideo [Human] represents them.
Crota's Bane(Not Available Yet)
"The Traveler, the mysterious beacon of hope and expansion for humanity. Legends say The Traveler sacrificed itself to save us. The mysterious sphere still hangs where it made its last stand, low above the Earth, keeping silent watch."
The Traveler's origins are unknown. When it arrived, humanity first discovered it on Mars. It sparked a Golden Age of humanity that allowed humans to migrate from Earth to colonize other planets within the Solar System. Some speculate that the Traveler is a large vessel; others believe that it is a sentient being or artificial intelligence and some may even consider it a deity. As of yet its true nature is unknown.
The Traveler is credited with humanity's survival during the Collapse, a point in time where The Darkness came and destroyed most of humanity's civilization of the Golden Age. The Darkness contained minions of the unknown, and of malice. They came to this solar system and wiped out most of human kind seeking to destroy the Traveler's light, but its light was too potent. After the Traveler sacrificed itself to save humanity, it remained in low orbit over the Earth, and became silent and dormant. A main stronghold called The City was built in its shadow and under its protection, where its inhabitants are temporarily safe from the threat of the Darkness. Above the people of the City lies The Tower. These are where the Guardians stay, protecting the citizens of the human race, along with the Exo, a sentient robotic creed created by the Traveler, and the Awoken, former humans affected by the Collapse physically.
The Traveler grants some of its mysterious powers to the Guardians that take the form of usable abilities against The Darkness. Ghosts, the personal artificially intelligent companions of Guardians, were made by the Traveler itself in its dying breath. Within the Tower, The Speaker acts as the representative of the Traveler and guides all Guardians towards their destinies...
1. Follow the CS posted to ensure organization.
2. Some characters might die (probably not) but in the event of that just be ready, I don't kill for the sake of story it'll actually have to mean something.
3. For those of you who know the game, you know about the absolutely beautiful weapons and armor in the game, and you WILL NOT be able to start off with Exotic Weapons and Armor. They will be extremely rare and hard to come by in this Universe. To make things fun under your CS under Extras section place ANY quote you like from a person, game, show, etc. To be randomly placed in a roll for a Exotic Weapon or Gear. And to see you paid attention lol.
4. Be respectful of each other and others' characters in the rp. I love conflict IC and good challenge and story but there will be NO bullying/disrespect OOC.
5. Romance allowed, 18+ take it to PM anything else just keep it fade to black or suggestive and not concrete. This will be a pretty gritty universe anyways so there will be seldom time for lovey dovey.
6. If you want to double up on characters ask me first. The plot and story needs to get going first before we do that, because some people can't upkeep with two while the story moves fast.
7. NO ONE LINERS. At least a few sentences and something to keep your character and the story engaging and fresh.
8. HAVE FUN! :D
9. I will generate main enemies, targets, events, weapons and gear to be fought/distributed/purchased IC, we won't be doing a game-like damage system but the weapons will matter. The events will of course have ripples and effects later depending on how we deal with it.
10. SERIOUSLY, WHAT NUMBER 8 SAID! =]
Ch0sen1 - Swara Nov: Queen's Sword and enforcer of the Awoken way.
BarrenThin - Kale-4: Exo Hunter with an odd sense of humor and awareness.
Last edited by a moderator: