Describing Creatures: Student's Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
So, this is a challenge for not only you, but me as well. In this challenge, you will be describing any creature your heart desires...but it must be original! It can be based on creatures, mythical or not, but it may not be directly it. I want you to open your mind and think of something magical hidden within it! Now it can look quite a bit like an animal we've seen before, but I want a full description to explain just how different it is.

So, what is the challenge due to me? I will hand draw (keep in mind that I am a traditional artist and heavily rely on my phone and/or library scanner to upload the pictures) any creature that you create. This is a random yet rare event that I am doing and this is but the first one to see how well it goes.

10943034_409337785893231_6094226693315220263_n.jpg
Name of Creature: Elwood
Species (scientific name, subclass): Cervus woodvus
Discovered: This species as discovered in 8890 on planet Zether by early Fox Espers

Abilities: They are a very mysterious being, but not without their danger; you venture into their wood seeking sport or damage to one of their trees, they will surly impale you with their breath of splinters. Their horns can extend four times their length, and once they decide to rush you, there is no escape as they trap you. Once trapped, they will spear you with an extension of a small horn, pumping you with poison of some sort. Whether you have intruded maliciously or accidentally mis-stepped will determined whether the poison is deadly or not.

They also have remarkable healing abilities, and once you've become one of their allies, you'll never lose their loyalty. They are the guardians of the woods and feel the planet's every heartbeat; once the planet dies, the last of these sacred beings shall too.

Meat eater, herbivore, or omnivore: None, they do not need food. The energy of the forest feeds them.

Special (if any) markings males have to females/females have to males: None, there are no males and female, as they are all inter-sexed.

Traits (is it aggressive, or timid? etc): They only get aggressive when you threaten them, the young (they birth through means of new trees. A new tree is born, a sapling will sprout along with their fellow tree sapling. Their hearts from birth beat as one), and the wood, otherwise they are kind, gentle and protective.

History of the discovery

The first one was discovered by the great Esper Kurt Grimhart the first. He was always a lover of the wood, and he discovered the ancient species when he was gravely injured from a battle. He named them elkwoods, because he could not tell be they elk or tree.

How are the young brought up?

The young are raised by all of the forest. All share an inner knowing since birth of their duty.

Unique Trait

Too many to really pinpoint, but their ability to fly without a sound is really quite brilliant.

Is it land, sea or avian? Or perhaps a mixture of all?

They be a mixture of all.

So, what do I request of the entire challenge in order for me to draw? This sheet below:

Name of Creature:
Species (scientific name, subclass):
Discovered:
Abilities:
Meat eater, herbivore, or omnivore:
Special (if any) markings males have to females/females have to males:
Traits (is it aggressive, or timid? etc)
History of the discovery
How are the young brought up?
Unique Trait
Is it land, sea or avian? Or perhaps a mixture of all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Name of Creature: Ocelovýduch
Species (scientific name, subclass): Chalybeius idolonus
Discovered: The first of its kind was discovered in Black Lake in Czechoslovakia in 2060.

Abilities: These creatures of the sea actually breathe in the hydrogen of the water and exhale oxygen. The adults are capable of exhaling oxygen gas in such a way that it creates a pocket of air in the water. Since fish are incapable of surviving out of water for too long, this has been very useful for these ichthyophagous creatures. They eat the fish whole, their digestive system powerful enough to dissolve both flesh and bone to nutrients and waste. Attack one in any way, and you will be captured by it in no time; like certain rollercoasters, these things can go from 0 to 80 mph in seconds. It would also be able to sense that your heartbeat didn't stop in the air pocket (it holds its prey to ensure it can't escape), so it would hold on to you until it felt your heartbeat stop. No one has, as of yet, been able to escape the Ocelovýduch's grip with proof that they had done so.

Meat eater, herbivore, or omnivore: They are carnivores; specifically, they eat the native freshwater fish such as crucian carp and are considered a newfound breed of apex predators.

Special (if any) markings males have to females/females have to males: The "males" have glowing red eyes, while the "females" have glittering yellow eyes. This difference in light reflects differently off of the scales of the fish, dictating which gender eats what.

Traits (is it aggressive, or timid? etc) They are only aggressive to their prey and to those who harm them, though one could not exactly call them timid. In a way, they are comparable to wolves; when not hunting, they seem to be stoic and noble observers, ruling their domain with the others of their kind.

History of the discovery A young man by the name of Artur Lukska, who happened to be an avid hiker, had heard that it was difficult but rewarding for those who attempted to reach Black Lake. Accepting the apparent challenge, he had left at once. When he finally reached the lake, he thought he noticed something peeking out of the water, but he couldn't see it again . He could not find the thing, but the thought of it continued to bother him until he dove into the lake and saw it himself. To him, it looked like a ghost made of steel, and he thought of it as "ocelový duch" (steel ghost). The name was later made into one word after he had posted a picture he had taken of it onto his social media pages.

How are the young brought up? The young follow their mother around to learn how to survive for four days before becoming independent, though it takes 17 more days for them to fully mature. This means that the early death of the mother, unlikely as it is, would be a disaster for the "Ocelovýduchlings" (a name given by the media that somehow stuck). The father has nothing to do with the children after they are born.

Unique Trait
It is almost impossible to pierce their hides with anything but the toughest of metals, which has been the main reason they have thrived in their environment.

Is it land, sea or avian? Or perhaps a mixture of all? They are aquatic creatures, but they can only live in fresh water, as sodium clogs their respiratory systems completely.

(Is this all right? I can add more detail otherwise.)

What is the base of the animal and I'll work on it this week

Status
Not open for further replies.