Demographics 01: How often do you roleplay?

How often do you roleplay?

• I never roleplay.

• I roleplay on occasion.

• I roleplay often, but sometimes take breaks.

• I roleplay all the time and never take breaks!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovo

Ferret Dad
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Afternoons and evenings, some weekends.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Post Apocalypse, Horror, Romance, Survival...
I'm starting a series of stat gathering threads to open healthy discussions about content related to Iwaku roleplay, which is unsurprisingly, primarily roleplay related. At present I'm making threads in GD and then likely having them moved to RP Help later. The ultimate objective of which is to gather data over time, and then dump that data into a demographics archive thread, to show what people's general attention and care for the subject material is.

In short: I'm practicing statistics, and the more of these threads go up, the more stats people can use to see the community's tastes in various areas via the demo dump thread. (Which is here.) At the very least, it'll sprout up a menagerie of threads to talk in that promote a healthy community and avoid trollbaity topics that devolve into flame wars.

I did ask @Diana 's permission and @Astaroth 's advice before committing to this project. Just to be sure that everything will be by the numbers and fun. :ferret:

It is exactly as it asks on the tin. How often do you join and partake in role playing? Is your level of activity in role playing satisfactory to you? Why or why not?

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I will take it as a question in how often I actually post IC. Since that counts as 'role playing' to me.

I like to say; as often as I can. I try to keep my posting schedule regular and not to have too wide of gaps between the date of my posts. Doesn't always work out, is it because of a lack of will, or simply time. Most of the time both. Fortunately it isn't hard to find partners and groups that can stand the rhythym.

As for the question of satisfaction. I'm satisfied with my role play activity. I would wish I was a little more active, like in my early days. However, I also know that, if I commit myself too much, I will start hating what I do. This feels nice, casual and not too pressing. Like a hobby rather than a chore, which has been different before.

I roleplay all the time and never take breaks!
*cries*

No, seriously, I do roleplay a tad bit too much for my own good. I just don't find it in me to leave a roleplay. I need to watch Just do it more.

Ok, you know what? This very realization has me inspired. I shall go out there right now, and remove the knife from a slowly dying roleplay, only to insert it again somewhere else. It's gonna hurt on a whole lot of places, but I'll do it.

I took a several month *cough*almostayearlong*cough* break. But I'm in a creative mood once again. Though when I browsed through the partner requests I cringed a little. But that's my thing. And mostly because it seems anybody looking for a partner is looking to write fandom stuff... meh. That's just not my cuppa tea. Oh well.

Reactions: Hope
I am picky. I don't like the cliche characters. I like some depth and thought put into developing the characters and story. I find a lot of people just want to live vicariously through their characters so it tends to be a tug of war kind of aspect in many group RPs and I get bored with that fast.

I'm trying to get more involved but Im being patient and waiting for the right partners.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
I took this poll to mean "How often am I participating in a Roleplays?". In which case I voted 'Often with breaks' because for the last year now I've always been in at least a few RP's but have wandered off for the occasional week-long break, may that be due to seeing friends, new game came out, convention etc.

However, if this was meant more in a "How much of your day is put into Roleplays?" then the 'I roleplay on occassion' is more accurate, cause I'm only in a small handful of RP's atm (granted, one of these is usually a Murder Game. Which is insanely active). This is mainly due to only joining RP's that I've either been directly invited to, or friends of mine are already active in. This has lead to the amount of time I invest in roleplaying dropping greatly, it also has almost completely eliminated the occurrence of an RP dying, so I can be very confident that I'm putting posts into something that will actually reach a satisfying conclusion.

I haven't been on a play-by-post dedicated forum in a few years, but I took for granted that the lack of a mention of P-B-P and included tabletops. I consider tabletops RPGs like forum roleplaying. I've had maybe 5-6 different DnD and homebrew RPGs in the past year that took off for a few months before dying, either because the DM just disappeared or players lost interest.

Man I loved playing my gnome bard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.