Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
Fun little poll.

I'm sure you guys have heard of people's attempts to make the Deadpool movie PG-13.
Hence this poll. :P

Deadpool needs an an R rating to be true to the source material, whereas Avengers is fine with its current PG-13 (or whatever other countries use for their "okay for teens" rating), so I'm down with keeping the status quo on this one.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Well this itself doesn't make it rated R.
But it is crazy enough to give a trailer for a trailer. :P

Deadpool's been Hard R since conception. Well, the hard end of PG-13, and he simply evolved. Anything with "Deadpool" in the title was very dark in tone. Joe Kelly turned him into a rather complex, if completely zany and off-the-wall anti-hero, with subsequent authors turning him into a, well... walking gag. Which was great, in small doses, but he was the very definition of "turned up to 11."

It wasn't until very recently that we got a return to form with Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan. He was still zany in all of his crossovers, but still very much so in his title book, but we got to see a depth and darkness that wasn't seen for... Hell, a long time. And it was depressing. Poor, poor Wade...

I want both to have room in their rating for cussing and booze and drugs and nudity and sex and all the stuff!

Make a kids version for the kids

Deadpool's been Hard R since conception. Well, the hard end of PG-13, and he simply evolved. Anything with "Deadpool" in the title was very dark in tone. Joe Kelly turned him into a rather complex, if completely zany and off-the-wall anti-hero, with subsequent authors turning him into a, well... walking gag. Which was great, in small doses, but he was the very definition of "turned up to 11."

It wasn't until very recently that we got a return to form with Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan. He was still zany in all of his crossovers, but still very much so in his title book, but we got to see a depth and darkness that wasn't seen for... Hell, a long time. And it was depressing. Poor, poor Wade...

I found that Daniel Way was one of the worst for Deadpool, honestly. I pretty much agree 100% here.

Reactions: Old Man Seiji
I see the poll is unanimous so far and am not surprised.

I didn't realise this before, but upon reading this post...
I want both to have room in their rating for cussing and booze and drugs and nudity and sex and all the stuff!
I too, fancy me some steamy canon Hulk-on-Thor action.

Seriously, though. I've always thought the Avengers movie kind of sucked. It honestly couldn't keep my attention. I don't think adding sex (more) violence and drugs is going to make the Avengers any better. Given how the movie was kind of "So you so all our other films, right?" rather than an actual movie,, if they keep going down that route I'd actually prefer to keep the Avengers PG13, so that when some of my asshole friends make me watch it, there will be less cringing involved by taking the same concept and adding toppings of 'mature themes' onto it.

Unless of course, Thulk.

... Now I'm wondering who voted for PG-13 Deadpool. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.