Dead to rights

Rebecca nodded as she got out of the bath and toweled off. Putting her clothes back on, she waited a few seconds for Iliya to do the same. "Now that we're done with this, do you think we have time for some food, or should we go to bed down for the night? Last night wasn't a good one for me, and I doubt the wilds were kind to you, either."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
As if to answer her question Iliya's stomach growled, though she seemed completely unembarrassed.
"Food sounds good, this town is quite a mix of culture, so what we eat really depends on your mood".
Iliya headed out of the bath, stretching a little and holding back a yawn.
"No, honestly my bloodline are the worst at forest survival, something about being pampered slaves for so long".

"I don't eat much, never have. Got to keep my figure," Rebecca quipped. She headed down towards a tavern/inn, taking a seat at a table. "I'll have the fish stew and a glass of cider, if you please. Iliya, what's your fancy tonight?"

"Ahh, I guess that's a good point, I've never really had trouble keeping my figure under control, a gift I'd happily trade for those of the other bloodlines to be honest".
Iliya admitted, before looking over the menu with a grin.
"Spiced, partially dissolved bear steak".

"Dissolved? Well, to each their own, I guess," Rebecca said as the food started cooking. The smells wafted on the air, getting the necromancer's mouth absolutely watering. "I... I don't know much about elves and demonology. What are some of the other bloodlines? It seems like it would be useful information."

"It's really good, and pretty much the only way to eat bear meat without hours of chewing".
Iliya explained as she ate before nodding slowly.
"Yeah, I can give you a rundown... First up there's me, my people are descended from the grand omnibus Vana... Demon prince of Lust, we were made essentially as pretty slaves and entertainers, but had a knack for illusion and disguising fighting styles as training... Then there's the Maethor, descendants of the Prince of Pride, they're skilled warriors covered in tattoos of their family's achievements, next up is the Radag, descendants of Rage, you saw the hunter with his horns and bulk right? That's a Radag, they do some sorta meditation to not be angry all the time".
Iliya stopped to eat a little more before continuing.
Then we got the Saira, descended from a demon Prince of the mind... They're super smart And good at magic... And the stuck up Galad, a joint project between a bunch of demon princes, they were like a home guard till they killed the Prince of light, ate his power and busted out... Now they're all stuck up calling themselves high elves or something".

Rebecca took a mouthful of stew as Iliya went over her information. "Good to know, Iliya. I had always thought elves were... well, just elves. Seems to me that you're more unified than us humans, though. We always seem to bicker over petty differences. Who's got the better king, who worships the better gods. I just wish there wasn't so much conflict in the world- battlefields may be great for us necromancers, but the cost of getting them is pretty high."

"Yeah well, most people think that honestly, the Radag don't really venture far from our lands and they're the most obvious with their horns and bulk so most don't have reason to assume".
At the mention of unity she snorted.
"Heh, we might seem unified but we have like five capitals, the council rarely agrees on anything and we're lucky if the Galad actually show up at all..."

As Rebecca finished her stew, she turned to her elven comrade. "It looks like we're going to be staying in town tonight, Iliya. Do you have any recomendations for a room? I want something with a real bed, and perhaps a place to freshen up in the morning."

"This inn is actually pretty good, the beds are soft and warm at least, and not too pricey either, the rooms should have a washbasin and mirror I think..."
Iliya answered, finishing her own food with a satisfied hum.
She'd never eaten bear before and it wasn't her favourite, but their recent victory made it sweeter.

Rebecca went up and paid for the meals, as well as a mid-level room. The proprietor led them to a place with a small tub, a full size mirror, a bed, and a little table. The necromancer stretched languidly on the bed- she'd had a decent level of comfort in Willowby, but this was real living. "We're moving up, Iliya!"

"Hahh... We got given an upgrade from the looks of things, maybe they were happy about us taking out that bear?"
Iliya suggested as she flopped down on the bed next to her.

"Quite possible," Rebecca admitted. The redheaded necromancer soon dropped into a deep sleep, softly snoring away.

When the sun came up, Rebecca got cleaned up and put her cloak on. Iliya was still asleep, but she doubted it would be for long- the sun was absolutely brutal this particular morning.