DDO Group Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Insidious Joe

Original poster
I ran across an interesting game back in 2009 from developers named Turbine, Inc. They create MMOs from popular settings, most notably Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons Online, and Infinite Crisis (DCU). I've been playing their games off and on lately, especially now that they've moved to the F2P market.

DDO is about as much as you expect: It's Dungeons and Dragons... online. They run 3.5e revised with an MMO flair, taking all the PnP and putting it on the computer with graphics and everything. A lot of actions taken are decided with an automated roll of the d20.

Many core classes are there, with a handful of races to pick and choose from, with others sadly being a bit exclusive to VIPs. You can multi-class any combination that your heart desires. You select your feats, spells, skills, and stats or have the game decide it for you with a pre-set path if you just want to jump right in.

Anyway, I'm pitching this idea to you, the reader, in the hopes of piquing your interest. If this sort of thing appeals to you, why not give it a whirl? I don't benefit from advertising this, beyond one simple thing: Pulling a group together to play with in game, and having a bit of fun.

If you have questions or anything, feel free to ask them, and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Not to mention, if you're up for this, share your timezone and potential playing times, and maybe we can organize something and have a bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.