1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)
@Fluffy
Hello everyone, and welcome to day 8 of my mini self-challenge. Almost halfway done, will I complete it? The world will never know. Perhaps this will be my first (and only) time completing the 30 Day Challenge. We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Today's question is one we all have thought about. Do you have a character that speaks a foreign language that you don't know, simply because you find that language beautiful? I know I do, but my ancestors are Scandinavian and Russian. I'm convinced it has something to do with them speaking to me in my sleep. Why? I don't know.

So, what is a language you love to listen to even if you don't speak or understand it?

I absolutely love listening to people speak French and Russian. French is just so ethereal and beautiful and Russian is a language that demands so much respect. In spite of what's going on in the world, I still can't help but love the language and whatnot.

So, what about you?

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
Lol, I'm obsessed with various languages. Amusingly, two of my oldest characters speak French and Russian respectively. They were in a romance. XD

My long long list of languages I want to learn are: Russian, French, German, Arabic, Gaelic, Biblical Hebrew, Hindi, Mongolian, Latin, Ancient Greek, and Tagalog. I know a lot of these have variants, I just mean generally. I also wanna learn Braille and Morse Code, but those are different.

Out of those, I think Arabic is the one I'm most enamored with the sound of, despite knowing almost none of it. I also love the foreign languages I do understand a little of! Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

I was, at one point, going through lessons learning Swahili actually! It's been a while, I didn't keep up on lessons, and forgot a lot what I learned.
But I love the language and have always wanted to learn another!

I am conversational in Mandarin and Spanish. If I do have characters who are multilingual, it's usually in one of those two just because I can use them somewhat naturally in posts.

Personally, though, I enjoy listening to French, Arabic, Scottish Gaelic, and Japanese, though I enjoy languages in general and find them fascinating so I'd probably have fun listening to just about any foreign language.

i want a handsome russian guy to lull me to sleep fr fr

• Love
Reactions: XIII
I am not such a great language-learner. In high school, I did 3 years of Japanese classes, which I did very 'okay' in. A love for hearing Japanese dialogue did stem from this, however.

I also super enjoy Italian. <3 I would consider that my favorite of all. But I have a fondness for Gaelic as well because of my chosen sister, who is from Ireland. I love to hear her voice and I love to learn the meanings of any words or phrases she introduces me to.

• Love
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: XIII and rissa