Day 3 - Under Appreciated Movies

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Manna Beast

I don't trust trees. They're shady.
Original poster
5 STAR GREMLIN
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All day, every day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
We've all seen the movies that have like a fantastic following. Ones people rave and crave all the time. Praising and telling others to watch, but that's not what this thread is about. What are the movies you love that don't seem to have that massive following? We'll sticking away mostly from the biggum's like LoTR, or Harry Potter. Ones that don't have as much love that are genuinely faves of yours!

I'll sit down at any time, any place just to watch Tommy Boy, cause I freaking love the movie! And as for an animated one, Road to El Dorado, still one of my faves. Though that one has more of a following now, than it did when it first came out!

So what are some of your under appreciated movies?

My favorite pirate movie has to be
Cutthroat Island yet no one seems to know or care about this piece of 90s cinema. Probably because the female lead, Geena Davis, was the focus character.

If you like Pirates of the Caribbean or Our Flag Means Death, give Cutthroat Island a shot.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mo
Love and Monsters (2020). It was creative, solid, and warming. And everyone who showed the movie has never heard of it but enjoyed it. I really love it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mo
*stares at all of you with a long list*

I'll try to keep it short today and I hope you guys can even check them out!

- Ernest et Celestine
- I Lost My Body
- Charlie Chaplin's Dough and Dynamite
- Nosferatu (1922)

I very much enjoy silent films and films that most people are like "Ah that's cool." but reality is that it's amazing they just don't know how to watch it :3 Thanks for this thread :) Kinda hoping to catch some movies I haven't seen before

I'm going for a childhood favorite, which for some reason did not pop as well as other Disney movies during its time.

The Great Mouse Detective

A wonderful cult classic, only made infinitely better cause it's based on Sherlock Holmes which I've always loved. But also the villain is just so good at being evil. Vincent Price stole the show for me here. He really carried this movie and made it so much more colorful and interesting.

And as for an animated one, Road to El Dorado, still one of my faves. Though that one has more of a following now, than it did when it first came out!

You know I've never watched this movie actually. But I know of it cause of all the memes that people make of it, which I think is why it gained more fans.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
Stardust
Jennifer's Body
Starship Troopers

Just to name a few. :]

• Haha
Reactions: jarek56
A few of you mentioned some of my favorites. 8D Road to El Dorado, Stardust...

For animated movies, Titan A.E. really did not get the love it deserved!

If you like warm fuzzy romcoms, Music and Lyrics (2007) is probably my favorite, along with The Holiday (2006).

Omg please Road to El Dorado, Stardust, and Robin Hood: Men in Tights are absolutely AMAZING and among my favorites 🤣

To add some of my own choices hmmmm
Down Periscope, The Librarian trilogy, Weekend and Bernie's